View Poll Results: Is communism a blight upon society and Mao Tse-Tung an evil Communist?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes to both

    3 16.67%
  • Only communism is bad

    0 0%
  • Only Mao Tse-Tung was wicked, not communism

    9 50.00%
  • Neither communism nor Mao are responsible for wickedness

    4 22.22%
  • I'm unsure (Please ask questions to help you become sure)

    2 11.11%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48

Thread: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

  1. #11
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Sorry, but I don't get what your point is. I'm simply saying communism is wrong, and that people need to be aware of communists, even though they're in the minority. Not sure why you're arguing so passionately..

    Well, obviously.
    Nonsense, it's not wrong. It just doesn't work.

    My point is, you're being extremely narrow-minded in your assessment of communists. "All these Communist regimes have killed so many people therefore it's all bad, and all communists are stupid and they all need to be rooted out and we need to fear them." That's bull****.

    You're a religious person. So many people have died because of religious strife. Would I be correct in condemning all religion as evil, and all religious folk as a blight on society?
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 07-23-11 at 12:01 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  2. #12
    Sage
    samsmart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,316
    Blog Entries
    37

    Re: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    What do you mean? Are you saying communism hasn't "birthed" communistic tyrants? A few posters in this very forum seem to think communism is blameless and that those tyrants acted outside of communism.
    I haven't read the entire thread yet, but could you also tell us your opinion on capitalistic tyrants?
    Also, we need to legalize recreational drugs and prostitution.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Nonsense, it's not wrong. It just doesn't work.

    My point is, you're being extremely narrow-minded in your assessment of communists. "All these Communist regimes have killed so many people therefore it's all bad, and all communists are stupid and they all need to be rooted out and we need to fear them." That's bull****.
    Stillballin, if millions of people have died from the belief in a theory, it's a bad theory.

    Thou dost protest too much.

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    I haven't read the entire thread yet, but could you also tell us your opinion on capitalistic tyrants?
    I think I recognize this card. Now, I've vaguely heard of the Congo supposedly being capitalistic, though, they haven't been responsible for the deaths of over 100 million people.

  4. #14
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Stillballin, if millions of people have died from the belief in a theory, it's a bad theory.

    Thou dost protest too much.



    I think I recognize this card. Now, I've vaguely heard of the Congo supposedly being capitalistic, though, they haven't been responsible for the deaths of over 100 million people.
    thou thinketh in too simplistic terms. Since you didn't catch my edit, I'll put it to you here:

    You're a religious person. So many people have died because of religious strife. Would I be correct in condemning all religion as evil, and all religious folk as a blight on society?
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 07-23-11 at 12:09 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

    Communism as a political philosophy is not violent. Communism requires that much power be given to the government. It is true that many communist leaders have murdered and killed many many people. However, I do not think this was the result of the communist philosophy. Correlation does not equal causation. I think the cause was the evils of the leaders themselves. I think they adopted communism because they wanted power, and communism requires that much power be given to the government. The murders and killings were done to take power or to remain in control of power. Communism is a political philosophy, and as such is not "bad" or "evil." I believe that Mao was an evil mass murderer, however Mao was the killer and not communism.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #16
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Communism as a political philosophy is not violent. Communism requires that much power be given to the government. It is true that many communist leaders have murdered and killed many many people. However, I do not think this was the result of the communist philosophy. Correlation does not equal causation. I think the cause was the evils of the leaders themselves. I think they adopted communism because they wanted power, and communism requires that much power be given to the government. The murders and killings were done to take power or to remain in control of power. Communism is a political philosophy, and as such is not "bad" or "evil." I believe that Mao was an evil mass murderer, however Mao was the killer and not communism.
    I agree, except for these two sentences. Reality is a bit more complex than that.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 07-23-11 at 12:14 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    thou thinketh in too simplistic terms. Since you didn't catch my edit, I'll put it to you here:
    Have Christians killed over 100 million within the last 100 years? No offense but methinks that was a silly deflection.

    I must be simple-minded to wonder why people just happen to be killed under communism.

  8. #18
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

    Well, IMO, a true Communist system has never existed because all the ones that we have seen thus far have not helped the working class at all, rather they switched economic power with political power and the life of the worker was made much worse.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  9. #19
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Have Christians killed over 100 million within the last 100 years? No offense but methinks that was a silly deflection.

    I must be simple-minded to wonder why people just happen to be killed under communism.
    So you're arguing that it's simply a matter of degree? Fact remains, masses of people have died due to religion. Is all religion evil and a blight?

    No, you're simple-minded to evaluate communism as monolithic.
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 07-23-11 at 12:20 PM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Mao Tse-Tung & the Red Poison known as Communism

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Communism as a political philosophy is not violent. Communism requires that much power be given to the government. It is true that many communist leaders have murdered and killed many many people. However, I do not think this was the result of the communist philosophy. Correlation does not equal causation. I think the cause was the evils of the leaders themselves. I think they adopted communism because they wanted power, and communism requires that much power be given to the government. The murders and killings were done to take power or to remain in control of power. Communism is a political philosophy, and as such is not "bad" or "evil." I believe that Mao was an evil mass murderer, however Mao was the killer and not communism.
    I've heard variations of this card, as well.

    Would you support, say, a growing movement of communism in America? What say the economy drives desperate people to consider this theory?

    You say communism isn't the killer and in practical terms you're correct. But what connected these murderers? What did Stalin, Mao, Lenin, and Stalin have in common? Communism.

    Communism doesn't work and in the resistance and oppression caused by people who are devout in communism, people die. Can't see this? I can.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •