View Poll Results: Was it Ever?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 18.75%
  • No

    18 56.25%
  • Only If......

    8 25.00%
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 233

Thread: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

  1. #81
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    No, no one would deny that there were "limited" successes. If you are claiming that for $800 billion "limited" successes make the program successful, have at it. It is pretty typical of government think and why we are in the mess we are in.
    So your position is that it was successful, except that it wasn't?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So your position is that it was successful, except that it wasn't?
    We'll go with the idea that for $800 billion, if you want to look hard enough you can find some limited successes and if you want to claim that's a success, I disagree.

  3. #83
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    We'll go with the idea that for $800 billion, if you want to look hard enough you can find some limited successes and if you want to claim that's a success, I disagree.
    Do you know what republican presidents did when faced with recessions? They did stimulus spending. Reagan was the king, still unmatched when it came to stimulus spending. Do you know why they did that? Because it works.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Do you know what republican presidents did when faced with recessions? They did stimulus spending. Reagan was the king, still unmatched when it came to stimulus spending. Do you know why they did that? Because it works.
    I care less what they did. $800 billion and the best we got was limited success. That is not the definition of working.

  5. #85
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I care less what they did. $800 billion and the best we got was limited success. That is not the definition of working.
    Except it did exactly what it was intended to do. It kept unemployment from getting as bad as it would have been, helped grow the economy and kept the recession from being deeper and longer.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Except it did exactly what it was intended to do. It kept unemployment from getting as bad as it would have been, helped grow the economy and kept the recession from being deeper and longer.
    History revisionism should be out right dismissed. Dismissed it is.

  7. #87
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    History revisionism should be out right dismissed. Dismissed it is.
    That is from your source though! You brought into the thread the source that said those things. So far you have not even begun to make a case that the stimulus failed, except that you say it did, and two sources said it did, except one didn't say that, the other was an opinion piece.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    That is from your source though! You brought into the thread the source that said those things. So far you have not even begun to make a case that the stimulus failed, except that you say it did, and two sources said it did, except one didn't say that, the other was an opinion piece.
    I have no desire to do this all day. Keep your beliefs. It did not do what we were told it would do. A pretty typical government program.

  9. #89
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,285
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I have no desire to do this all day. Keep your beliefs. It did not do what we were told it would do. A pretty typical government program.
    Actually it did. We were told it would keep employment higher than without, which it did.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually it did. We were told it would keep employment higher than without, which it did.
    More history revisionism.

    Even Obama had to admit that what he sold us on was wrong.

    For the first time, the administration admitted the economic forecasts it used to sell the stimulus were overly optimistic.

    Obama's Stimulus Promise: More Than 600,000 Jobs

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •