View Poll Results: Was it Ever?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 18.75%
  • No

    18 56.25%
  • Only If......

    8 25.00%
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 233

Thread: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

  1. #51
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I stop spending it. In fact, I spend even less, in order to pay down debt.
    Wait?? So you have a car loan and your answer is to stop paying it?? Stop buying food for your children?? Stop paying for your house?? Stop paying your bills??

    Damn Will?? I am sorry but.. Do you have a brain at all??? Stop spending it?? Crap dude!! I wish!! I am sure most of american wishes it was that simply.. But our government has obligations.. To the people of this nation, the military, other nations, and so forth..

    Tax rates does not equal revenue.. It equals income.. If you take a 50% cut in pay right now this moment.. The amount you have in the bank will not change.. But come your next pay period.. You will have a lot less money than you used to.. If you can't understand that basic concept.. Then I suggest retaking the 3rd grade..

    There are no lies in my post.. None what so ever.. Are you actually stupid enough to claim that it isn't our government and that we don't vote and that we don't fund it?? Oh? Wait?? You just did make that claim so I guess you are..

    Your a conservative.. You most likely watch Fox News.. I completely expect you to say the stimulus failed.. The fact that unemployment isn't at 15% somehow means nothing.. Did you know there is a reality outside Fox News?? Did you know there is an entire world out there of different facts??? Did you know that you are most likely brain washed into your beliefs because you are to lazy to look at the facts yourself and form your own opinions..

    Seriously dude.. Learn to think for yourself.. This isn't the life and universe according to Fox News or whatever rightwing mouth piece you live by..
    Last edited by DemonMyst; 07-24-11 at 04:39 PM.

  2. #52
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    I personally cannot see the justification on raising taxes on anyone as long as the Federal government funds tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of BS projects across the globe. If the federal government were to cut all ridicules programs then I could see taxes being raised in order to combat the deficit. How is it right to ask persons regardless of wealth to pay more just to have part of it completely wasted on nonsense.

  3. #53
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    No, Boo. They honest to GOD don't. He didn't. I just posted in another thread, this very point. The President didn't try to pander to anybody. He was scaring us, with all the **** he was giving up. And they said No.

    So, no. They don't HAVE to do anything except strap on a pair. They couldn't, they didn't, and nobody will forget for a very long time that the summer of 2011 was America being held hostage by a bunch of eunuchs kissing up to big money.
    I think that is a bit different subject. Yes, Obama could and should be more forceful, using his position. And Yes, republicans are not doing their job as they should. But, parties need to be able to blame the other when they do what they know their voters won't like.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    Wait?? So you have a car loan and your answer is to stop paying it?? Stop buying food for your children?? Stop paying for your house?? Stop paying your bills??
    The country is taking it more than enough to pay those type of bills. It's been noted by now at least 100 times.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    The country is taking it more than enough to pay those type of bills. It's been noted by now at least 100 times.
    Just asking, what do you see as those types of bills?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #56
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by DemonMyst View Post
    Wait?? So you have a car loan and your answer is to stop paying it?? Stop buying food for your children?? Stop paying for your house?? Stop paying your bills??
    my pay has just gone from 50k to 40k - the situation is not near so dire as that. Depending on how much I owe on it, I sell the car. Depending on how much I owe on it, I may have to downgrade my house. If I am deeply in debt (and I probably am, since I was spending 60k a year on 50k a year salary), then I certainly stop going to restaurants and the like. But my bills can still be paid and my children still fed just fine.

    Tax rates does not equal revenue.. It equals income..
    no. revenue equals income. but tax rates have relatively little to do with how much we get in real world revenue.

    There are no lies in my post.. None what so ever.. Are you actually stupid enough to claim that it isn't our government and that we don't vote and that we don't fund it?? Oh? Wait?? You just did make that claim so I guess you are..
    government and it's powers derive from the people. your argument would make it the other way 'round. but since in this nation we hold the truth of governments' deriving it's power from the government to be self evident, it makes it very much "their" money, to the exact same degree to which we are not slaves.

    Your a conservative.. You most likely watch Fox News.
    I live in Japan. Occasionally I google up to see who Chris Wallace interviewed on Sunday.

    I completely expect you to say the stimulus failed.. The fact that unemployment isn't at 15% somehow means nothing..
    that is correct. because according to the math utilized to argue for the stimulus, the unemployment rate right now should be closer to 6.5%, and had we never passed the stimulus, would never have reached 15%.



    we lost more jobs with the stimulus, than the Obama administration said we would lose without it. By it's own measure, the Stimulus failed.

    which, of course, is precisely what was predicted by those who were clued in. because in fact if you look at every major attempt at fiscal stimulus in the 30 nations of the OECD since 1970, those predicated on increasing government expenditures were the ones that failed, whereas those predicated on lowering and flattening tax rates seem (inexplicably) to be followed by solid economic growth.....

    of course, our failure is a bit out of the ordinary even then.



    which, of course, is also precisely what we would expect given that in high-debt nations the multiplier is actually zero. Mind you, Obama seems to have also shot himself a bit in the foot with Obamacare, but that doesn't quite fully excuse the fact that had we followed the 1982 recovery path we would have been able to provide a job for every single individual currently labeled unemployed

    Did you know there is a reality outside Fox News?? Did you know there is an entire world out there of different facts??? Did you know that you are most likely brain washed into your beliefs because you are to lazy to look at the facts yourself and form your own opinions..

    Seriously dude.. Learn to think for yourself.. This isn't the life and universe according to Fox News or whatever rightwing mouth piece you live by..
    yes. the National Bureau of Economic Research and Harvard Faculty...... dominated by the evil brainwashing Fox News

  7. #57
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,077

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Just asking, what do you see as those types of bills?
    we take in enough to pay for interest on the debt, social security, medicare, pay for active duty, and a bit else. not enough to fully fund Medicaid, as I recall, but close.

  8. #58
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:39 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,274
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Cp, you need to learn the difference between a projection, and a fact. The stimulus was somewhat successful, by it's own measure, because it created jobs, which it was designed to do. The fact that unemployment got worse than projected does not mean the stimulus failed. It simply means the projections where wrong. Unemployment would most likely have been even worse without a stimulus.

    You have had your facts wrong at every step this thread, and when called on it, ducked and ran, again. No matter how many times Hauser's "law" get blown up in your face, you keep trotting it out. You claim that revenue is just based on GDP, but when the numbers don't work, then you say that it is another factor, but still ignore all the factors that are inconvenient to you that affect revenue. At this point you are not debating anything, you are simply spreading propaganda that you have to know is bogus.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #59
    Educator hallam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Philly
    Last Seen
    10-23-15 @ 09:44 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    620

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    I personally cannot see the justification on raising taxes on anyone as long as the Federal government funds tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands of BS projects across the globe. If the federal government were to cut all ridicules programs then I could see taxes being raised in order to combat the deficit. How is it right to ask persons regardless of wealth to pay more just to have part of it completely wasted on nonsense.
    While I understand this line of thought, and certainly some foreign aid should be cut, this would actually hurt the US more than help us in the situation we are in. Foreign spending pales in comparison to what we spend on ourselves (most is millions and single digit billions compared to multiple 10s of billions). Cutting this would be like saving half-pennies. Further, US aid is one of the bright spots in the world. We feed people; give them medicine; give them shelter; and on every box is USAID. It is great promotion. And when you need people to buys stuff that you make you really need them to like you since we do have competitors. Defense spending for foreign bases in allied land, stopping the wars, raising benefit ages for SS, trimming Medicare/Medicaid/unemployment all should go first.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Just asking, what do you see as those types of bills?
    I've covered this before. We can pay whatever is necessary to avoid default. These are the things like your car or house payment. I'm not going to be upset if we have to bring the soldiers home.

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •