View Poll Results: Was it Ever?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 18.75%
  • No

    18 56.25%
  • Only If......

    8 25.00%
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 233

Thread: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I read the last sentence as an important one. If you can't do that, let's talk some more. This is not code for quit, give up, run away, but instead it is a call to continue to negoiate. You put a lot of stock in what an aide thought. And don't seem to consider that it is as likely that he was wrong as it is that Obama was wrong.
    I posted an article that stated what I had claimed had happened. I do not know exactly what happened but one certainly can not make a claim as to it being the fault of only one side.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    "Exist in it's present form" is hyperbolic but that Obama is adding to the polarization is not.
    Try the entire quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by Elcid
    By the time he's finished, the country might not even exist in its present form.
    Your a reasonable fellow, but you can't logically defend Elcid.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Try the entire quote:



    Your a reasonable fellow, but you can't logically defend Elcid.
    ? I agreed that the part you quoted above was hyperbolic.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    ? I agreed that the part you quoted above was hyperbolic.
    I quoted the whole thing, as it came together, but didnt think I would need to point out the hyperbolic part.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #225
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    I posted an article that stated what I had claimed had happened. I do not know exactly what happened but one certainly can not make a claim as to it being the fault of only one side.
    I think that is what you have been doing. I presented an alternative reading.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #226
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Yes, part of the quote is true and part is hyperbolic. Taken as a whole it makes it easy to dismiss because of the hyperbole. I'll agree with that but the president is adding to the problems.

  7. #227
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Yes, part of the quote is true and part is hyperbolic. Taken as a whole it makes it easy to dismiss because of the hyperbole. I'll agree with that but the president is adding to the problems.
    Adding? Some. But he has been much more reasonable on the whole than his counter parts. The trouble we have is that too few are actually trying to work on our problems. The game has become the thing and not the work.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Adding? Some. But he has been much more reasonable on the whole than his counter parts. The trouble we have is that too few are actually trying to work on our problems. The game has become the thing and not the work.
    A disagreement does not cause the polarization. Two people can legitimately disagree on positions. Now while it was not the president who said this, Biden does represent him. Calling those who you disagree with terrorists and their positions are equal to "weapons of mass destruction" is what causes polarization.

  9. #229
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    A disagreement does not cause the polarization. Two people can legitimately disagree on positions. Now while it was not the president who said this, Biden does represent him. Calling those who you disagree with terrorists and their positions are equal to "weapons of mass destruction" is what causes polarization.
    Oh, I agree that disagreement doesn't cause polarization. It's the hyperbolic name calling and silliness we see in the disagreement. Both parties go too far. And yes, Biden went to far.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Seems so simple to avoid doing. It's no wonder nobody trusts D.C. with much of anything.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •