View Poll Results: Was it Ever?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    6 18.75%
  • No

    18 56.25%
  • Only If......

    8 25.00%
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 233

Thread: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

  1. #211
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Obama has polarized the nation. It'll only get worse. By the time he's finished, the country might not even exist in its present form.
    What drugs are you on dude? That's scary stuff. A bad trip like that? You might want to call a doctor.



    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #212
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Obama has polarized the nation. It'll only get worse. By the time he's finished, the country might not even exist in its present form.
    Hopefully you are correct and by the time President Obama is through we will have a country that is different then the one we had when he took office, When the deficit plan that was just shoved down the throats of the American people starts to impact the ability of our seniors and our military to pay their bills and more people find their selves out of work it will ensure Presidents Obama re-election and the return of both houses to the Democrats IN 2012 . 2013 the tax cuts enjoyed by the rich will run out and will not be renewed.

  3. #213
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    When? If they brought a proposal, as the article suggests, that is the starting point and not the political rethoric prior to the negoiations.
    WHen they started negotiating. Their position had always been "zero". The comprimise was 800 which both sides had found agreeable.

    I posted the sentence over and over. The two sides had agreed upon the 800 figure.

    he White House was agreeable to parts of the deal notably, the proposal for nearly $800 billion in added tax revenue.

  4. #214
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    What drugs are you on dude? That's scary stuff. A bad trip like that? You might want to call a doctor.


    Obama hardly created it but what would you call Biden calling those who disagree that we should be getting ourselves into further debt, "terrorists" be defined as if not polarizing and divisive?

  5. #215
    Professor

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    04-26-13 @ 03:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,404
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    WHen they started negotiating. Their position had always been "zero". The comprimise was 800 which both sides had found agreeable.

    I posted the sentence over and over. The two sides had agreed upon the 800 figure.

    he White House was agreeable to parts of the deal — notably, the proposal for nearly $800 billion in added tax revenue.
    President Obama was negotiating with Boehner let me define negotiate To confer with another or others in order to come to terms or reach an agreement: President Obama does not have the power to agree to the negotiated terms he can only negotiate and take those the terms back to his party,are you with me yet? Speaker Boehner can only negotiate, when Boehner took his plan back to the republicans he could not get it passed they wanted MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE.

    And they will get more then then they bargained for in 2012 our nation will have elections again and the republicans as a result of their terrorist tactics will lose not only any chance of defeating President Obama but once again will be in the minority in both houses, that means that in 2013 the Bush tax breaks, the Bush tax breaks that are responsible for creating no jobs and for causing the debt crisis will expire and will not be renewed.

  6. #216
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    I made this statement in 3 or 4 threads...they will have a deal the last minute. Both sides knew they would not let aug2nd pass without a deal, they had to have one.
    Neither side could take the risk of being blamed by the people for not having a deal. All indications and the way the teaparty was making demands...they would have been the ones blamed, they did not negotiate anything, they were merely demanding. That is going to get very old with the american people after awhile...

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by EarlzP View Post
    President Obama was negotiating with Boehner let me define negotiate To confer with another or others in order to come to terms or reach an agreement: President Obama does not have the power to agree to the negotiated terms he can only negotiate and take those the terms back to his party,are you with me yet? Speaker Boehner can only negotiate, when Boehner took his plan back to the republicans he could not get it passed they wanted MORE AND MORE AND MORE AND MORE.
    You continue to argue things not in dispute and things you are making up. The president and Boehner agreed to the 800 billion. That is what the article states. State that you do not believe it if you wish, but that is what it states. It was the Dems who dismissed the 800 billion and when Obama said he would have to have 400 billion more, Boehner walked. Obama ended up with nothing because the Dems demanded more.

    Now the arguement that the GOP wouldn't have accepted the 800 billion figure either is one that could be made, but they never got the chance.

    And they will get more then then they bargained for in 2012 our nation will have elections again and the republicans as a result of their terrorist tactics will lose not only any chance of defeating President Obama but once again will be in the minority in both houses, that means that in 2013 the Bush tax breaks, the Bush tax breaks that are responsible for creating no jobs and for causing the debt crisis will expire and will not be renewed.
    Blah, blah, blah. You've stated your opinion here over and over.

  8. #218
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Obama hardly created it but what would you call Biden calling those who disagree that we should be getting ourselves into further debt, "terrorists" be defined as if not polarizing and divisive?
    As i said in the Matthew's thread, where he called republicans terrorist, that such hyperbole was wrong and counter productive. We need less of this type of silliness and more reasoned discussed. Elcid is spewing the worse type of hyperbolic nonsense, very much like the Bush was behind 9/11 silliness.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #219
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    WHen they started negotiating. Their position had always been "zero". The comprimise was 800 which both sides had found agreeable.

    I posted the sentence over and over. The two sides had agreed upon the 800 figure.

    he White House was agreeable to parts of the deal — notably, the proposal for nearly $800 billion in added tax revenue.
    From your article:

    That number was negotiable, as the White House saw it. If Boehner wouldn't agree to that sum, maybe he would settle for less, and they'd make up the difference some other way.

    "If you can't do that, then let's have another conversation," said a White House aide, summarizing Obama's part of the call.
    I read the last sentence as an important one. If you can't do that, let's talk some more. This is not code for quit, give up, run away, but instead it is a call to continue to negoiate. You put a lot of stock in what an aide thought. And don't seem to consider that it is as likely that he was wrong as it is that Obama was wrong.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Was A Big Deal Ever Possible?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    As i said in the Matthew's thread, where he called republicans terrorist, that such hyperbole was wrong and counter productive. We need less of this type of silliness and more reasoned discussed. Elcid is spewing the worse type of hyperbolic nonsense, very much like the Bush was behind 9/11 silliness.
    "Exist in it's present form" is hyperbolic but that Obama is adding to the polarization is not.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •