View Poll Results: Do you think certain "classes" are being targeted?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    17 94.44%
  • No

    0 0%
  • Other

    1 5.56%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

  1. #11
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:30 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,045

    Re: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    well, look at the threads.


    "here is what we could do if we took all the money from the richest of the rich!"

    "do the rich need protection?"

    "shouldn't we raise taxes on the rich?"

    "rich not paying their fair share"

    "rich getting richer"



    and so on and so forth. it's like a weird fetish with some people.
    What the far right may call a "weird fetish" others would simply identify as a legitimate concern with the tax structure and the shifting of America towards a dangerous two class system.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #12
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Bollocks:



    Link here

    Also, the collective bargaining on health insurance is suspended, not eliminated entirely. AND, the required increase in contributions is based on a sliding scale relating to income. So if you earn more, you pay more. Those clamouring for the "rich" to take more of the burden should be pleased with that.


    Read more: New Jersey Makes It Official: The Slashing Of Public Employee Benefits Has Begun


    State police, firefighters, and municipal law enforcement will increase their contributions from 8.5% of their salary to 10%. Now understand that the employee paid 8.5 and the state or municipality matched it...thats a full 50% paid by the employee and has always been that way....now its 10% and the agency pays 8.5.
    Tess your no different than the other cheerleaders here...who blow past everyone elses points...Christie hasnt made his portion of the pension payment in two years which is 34billion dollars...and hes touting he has a surplus...hes outright screwing the workers...period...but thats just perfect to you right ? New Jersey had the richest PENSION IN THE WORLD until they stopped paying THEIR PORTION into it...while the public workers always paid their half
    The sliding scale for health benefits is bogus...most every employee will pay the max...which is 8,000...he increased the retirement age. He took Cost of living increases from all retirees...which was only 60% of the COLA for social security. He will lose that in court.
    That article doesnt address the corporate tax cuts christie gave out along with reduced taxs for the wealthiest New Jersyans...he gave panasonic corportation 100 million to move down the street....

    You havent addressed how private sector workers went from making more than public sector workers with similar benefits to making less with no benefits in 15-20 yrs while Corporate profits soard the rich got far richer...
    Last edited by lpast; 07-21-11 at 10:19 AM.

  3. #13
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Read more: New Jersey Makes It Official: The Slashing Of Public Employee Benefits Has Begun


    State police, firefighters, and municipal law enforcement will increase their contributions from 8.5% of their salary to 10%. Now understand that the employee paid 8.5 and the state or municipality matched it...thats a full 50% paid by the employee and has always been that way....now its 10% and the agency pays 8.5.
    Tess your no different than the other cheerleaders here...who blow past everyone elses points...Christie hasnt made his portion of the pension payment in two years which is 34billion dollars...and hes touting he has a surplus...hes outright screwing the workers...period...but thats just perfect to you right ? New Jersey had the richest PENSION IN THE WORLD until they stopped paying THEIR PORTION into it...while the public workers always paid their half
    The sliding scale for health benefits is bogus...most every employee will pay the max...which is 8,000...he increased the retirement age. He took Cost of living increases from all retirees...which was only 60% of the COLA for social security. He will lose that in court.
    That article doesnt address the corporate tax cuts christie gave out along with reduced taxs for the wealthiest New Jersyans...he gave panasonic corportation 100 million to move down the street....

    You havent addressed how private sector workers went from making more than public sector workers with similar benefits to making less with no benefits in 15-20 yrs while Corporate profits soard the rich got far richer...
    Not debating with you if you want to be uncivil and childish. I was very polite in stating that I disagreed with you. You want to use generalizations and stupid labels and act as though I don't know because I don't agree? That's fine, but now you're talking to yourself.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  4. #14
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Not debating with you if you want to be uncivil and childish. I was very polite in stating that I disagreed with you. You want to use generalizations and stupid labels and act as though I don't know because I don't agree? That's fine, but now you're talking to yourself.
    Ive been talking to myself

    I'm sorry, dude...we have diametrically opposed views on this. I have to chalk it up to our basic understanding of the issue....sorry tess but that didnt sound very polite to me...and I stand by you dont know and you havent addressed any points that I made...
    Last edited by lpast; 07-21-11 at 10:30 AM.

  5. #15
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

    Piggys poll numbers are dropping because of his assault on the working class..

    Gov. Christie's disapproval rating jumps to 53 percent, poll says | NJ.com

  6. #16
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    When a union member is asked to "sacrifice" it is usually in the area of benefits, which (on average) they pay far less for than any non-union, rich, or poor worker in this country. Typically, the union members asked to make that sacrifice are public employees, who (on average) also make 1.5 times more than their private-sector counter parts. Additionally, union members only make up 8% of the working population and therefore do not constitute a large enough number to be representative of the entire middle class.
    True, IMO.
    And the GM CEO did himself sacrifice during the dark days of restructuring.
    This General Motors executive "worked" for "nothing".
    Of course, in the previous years he was being compensated generously, so living off his "fat" was no problem.
    But, generally, I have seen too much being asked of the working class while the wealthy become even more so.
    Lets try to be fair about things.
    This applies to all.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    well, look at the threads.


    "here is what we could do if we took all the money from the richest of the rich!"

    "do the rich need protection?"

    "shouldn't we raise taxes on the rich?"

    "rich not paying their fair share"

    "rich getting richer"



    and so on and so forth. it's like a weird fetish with some people.
    In order for man to progress, he must know right from wrong.
    IMO, he does not.

  8. #18
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    In order for man to progress, he must know right from wrong.
    IMO, he does not.
    Its easy to cherry pick posts...if you cherry picked the corporate cheerleader posts here...you would see

    The rich pay to much...even though they pay less than they ever did
    The rich create jobs....yeah where ? china
    The rich pay all the taxs....bs

    and on and on...cherrypicking is just that

  9. #19
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    ladies and gentlemen of the court I present Evidence Exhibit A.
    I'll guess that "exhibit A" is NOT the fact that we have more millionaires than ever before...
    And, is this not true ?
    Have no fear, I do know that a fool and his money are soon parted....I, IMO, am that fool...

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Goldsboro,PA
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,596
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Are certain "classes" targeted more than others?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Rev Kros View Post
    The United States spends too much money.
    Period.
    No amount of taxes will ever balance that budget.

    Here is a good link explaining why:
    Eat the Rich | CNSnews.com

    If we took all corporate profits, it would only run the government for 40 days.
    If we imposed a 100% tax on all earnings above $250,000 a year it would keep the government running for 141 days.
    That is only to about the end of June.

    If we took every cent of every billionaire in the United States and sold all their assets, we would only get to mid-August.

    Moar Taxes are not the answer.
    Increasing the taxes to those of the Bill Clinton Era is but 5 to 10% of the answer..
    But, we must be fair about things.
    In truth does "waste" exist ?
    For hundreds of years departments(public and private) have been chided about waste..
    I do know,IMO, that some waste exists..despite all efforts...
    An example of this is the ultra wealthy Arab who has inscribed his name in the sand...millions of American dollars wasted....while people starve in Africa...
    How many people truly know what "fair" means ???

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •