View Poll Results: Do The Rich Need Saving?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 10.00%
  • No

    59 84.29%
  • Not Sure

    0 0%
  • Other/explain

    4 5.71%
Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 443

Thread: Do The Rich Need Saving?

  1. #371
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,739

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Correction, they are paying more only because they are making more. However, the rate they are paying is less. Or, are you suggesting that if we eliminate the Bush tax cuts the wealthy will pay a lower rate? If that is the case, why don't you support elimination of the tax cuts????

    Your argument is not logical counselor!
    what is not logical is your confusing tax rates with TAX BURDENS

    I support abolishing taxes on income

    then people like you cannot be seduced by pimps who promise to make you feel better by jacking up the tax rates on "the rich"

    then those who want to save and invest in their future are not punished as they are now with income taxes

    that those who vote for more and more government will not be able to pawn off paying for that government on others

    if we MUST have an income tax than each group should pay its share of the tax burden based on their share of the income. If a group makes 22% of the income they should pay 22% of the income tax. If a group makes 5% of the income they should pay 5% of the income tax. that STILL MEANS the "rich" will pay far more than their "fair share" (as based on USE or VALUE RECEIVED) than the poor but it also means that if people like you demand I pay more taxes you will also pay more and you will keep NO MORE of your next dollar than I will

    I SUGGEST that such a system is going to make your desire to raise MY taxes a bit less virulent



  2. #372
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    why isn't your dear leader ending those wars?
    I oppose Obama's continuation of the wars, why do you know of a credible candidate in the last election who felt differently? At least Obama has a schedule to end them, McCain was fine with us being there for 100 years!

    and the war on poverty was the biggest waste of all because it created more and more dependent minions who continue to demand more and more government
    If we want to reduce poverty, increase employment as trickle down economics has failed to do and we need to start paying a living wage for full-time work. What is your solution, build more prisons and workhouses and more tax cuts for the wealthy?
    Last edited by Catawba; 08-03-11 at 12:08 AM.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #373
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what is not logical is your confusing tax rates with TAX BURDENS
    As the rich pay less percentage of their total income in total taxes than the working class, they have a smaller burden. That is what you do not get.

    I support abolishing taxes on income
    That sense of entitlement appears to have been bred by decades of tax breaks for the wealthy.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #374
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,739

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I oppose Obama's continuation of the wars, why do you know of a credible candidate in the last election who felt differently? At least Obama has a schedule to end them, McCain was fine with us being there for 100 years!



    If we want to reduce poverty, increase employment as trickle down economics has failed to do and we need to start paying a living wage for full-time work. What is your solution, build more prisons and workhouses and more tax cuts for the wealthy?

    raising taxes won't help. all it does is give your dear leaders more "reasons" to spend more money to buy more votes

    how can we pay living wages as you call them if they make businesses that are forced to pay them uncompetitive?



  5. #375
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,518

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    If there aren't anymore rich people, what do we have? A nation full of poor people?

    Someone want to tell me how that's a good thing?

  6. #376
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,739

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    As the rich pay less percentage of their total income in total taxes than the working class, they have a smaller burden. That is what you do not get.



    That sense of entitlement appears to have been bred by decades of tax breaks for the wealthy.
    massive lie on your part. the rich pay a higher total federal tax rate than the poor-many of whom are GIVEN money by the government. If someone gives you 20,000 dollars and you use that to pay say 4000 dollars of taxes your effective tax rate is not 20%. Its still ZERO since those taxes were actually paid by those whose money was given to you.

    When the rich pay almost twice as much of the tax burden than their share of the income, you lose what little credibility you might have had by claiming that being taxed more than everyone else is a sense of entitlement

    the entitlement is evidenced by people like you who think that you should not even pay the same share of the income tax as your share of the income

    Your rant is based on the assumption that the rich should pay far more taxes because you think they should rather than any objective comparison of income received and taxes paid

    the top few percent ARE THE ONLY GROUP that pay more of the federal income tax burden than their share of the income



  7. #377
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,739

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    If there aren't anymore rich people, what do we have? A nation full of poor people?

    Someone want to tell me how that's a good thing?
    everyone (save the rich elites) being miserable is the main goal of socialism



  8. #378
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    everyone (save the rich elites) being miserable is the main goal of socialism
    Or, you know, comfort and prosperity for all... But I suppose if not being able to abuse others makes you miserable, then I can see how you'd think that.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  9. #379
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    NO the real weakness that you won't make a rational counter argument to what I have said



    Do you admit or deny that Obama said

    1) everyone should sacrifice

    2) the rich need to pay more taxes

    3) that cutting spending will cause others to sacrifice

    the only logical conclusion from this is either

    a) the rich need to sacrifice MORE than the others or

    b) the rich don't sacrifice by spending cuts so their share of the sacrifice is paying more taxes

    argue against that
    That doesn't say what you think it says. he is not saying the rich don't benefit from government. The things that will be cut are nto those they benefit. Corporate welfare, for example isn't on the block even though it is more that the welfare you whine about.

    The fact is, you can't make an argument against a reality based on what you think Obama believes. It just can't be done dude.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #380
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,739

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    Or, you know, comfort and prosperity for all... But I suppose if not being able to abuse others makes you miserable, then I can see how you'd think that.
    socialism and similar diseases have killed more people in the last 100 years than any other system or religion combined

    because after all the only way to truly make people equal is to put them in their graves

    I want to be left alone. I am not the one demanding government take stuff from others to give to me or to prevent them from having it. that is your game, not mine



Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •