View Poll Results: Do The Rich Need Saving?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 10.00%
  • No

    59 84.29%
  • Not Sure

    0 0%
  • Other/explain

    4 5.71%
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 443

Thread: Do The Rich Need Saving?

  1. #361
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    70 years of progressive taxes has created a massive amount of voters who demand more and more government because the Progressive tax system means they really don't have to pay much if anything-of the taxes that pay for all that government
    Yeah those good ole days of socialism that made the strongest middle class in history. Who would want that again! 1 in 7 Americans poor is much better.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  2. #362
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,745

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Dude, I provided links to evidence. You simply told us what you think Obama admitted to. Nothing more. I'm sorry, dude, but that is weak. Real weak.
    NO the real weakness that you won't make a rational counter argument to what I have said



    Do you admit or deny that Obama said

    1) everyone should sacrifice

    2) the rich need to pay more taxes

    3) that cutting spending will cause others to sacrifice

    the only logical conclusion from this is either

    a) the rich need to sacrifice MORE than the others or

    b) the rich don't sacrifice by spending cuts so their share of the sacrifice is paying more taxes

    argue against that



  3. #363
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,745

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Yeah those good ole days of socialism that made the strongest middle class in history. Who would want that again! 1 in 7 Americans poor is much better.
    those in poverty in terms of percentages really hasn't changed much over the last 40 years or so.

    but we sure have pissed away a ton of wealth improving nothing



  4. #364
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    doing well and making money is not waging war against the working class anymore than studying hard and making top grades is waging warfare against lazy and stupid students
    Forcing the working class to pay more to finance the debt to provide huge tax breaks to the wealthy is waging class warfare. If you think the working class and seniors don't feel under attack, you are in for a big surprise in 2012.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #365
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    those in poverty in terms of percentages really hasn't changed much over the last 40 years or so.

    but we sure have pissed away a ton of wealth improving nothing
    Perhaps from the ivory towers you profess to do your internet forum court from, Counselor, you have not noticed that more and more of the middle class are sliding into poverty.

    I agree about pissing away money. The biggest waste was the GOP war in Iraq and their tax breaks for rich without any requirement to create jobs or even invest the money in this country.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #366
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,745

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Forcing the working class to pay more to finance the debt to provide huge tax breaks to the wealthy is waging class warfare. If you think the working class and seniors don't feel under attack, you are in for a big surprise in 2012.
    even with what you call huge tax breaks the rich are PAYING MORE OF THE INCOME TAX SHARE NOW THAN AT ANY TIME IN THE LAST 70 years

    massive fail on your part.

    You and your dem masters spend a great deal of time telling the ignorant that the rich are attacking them

    that might win elections but it is destroying the country.



  7. #367
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,745

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Perhaps from the ivory towers you profess to do your internet forum court from, Counselor, you have not noticed that more and more of the middle class are sliding into poverty.

    I agree about pissing away money. The biggest waste was the GOP war in Iraq and their tax breaks for rich without any requirement to create jobs or even invest the money in this country.

    why isn't your dear leader ending those wars? and the war on poverty was the biggest waste of all because it created more and more dependent minions who continue to demand more and more government



  8. #368
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    doing well and making money is not waging war against the working class anymore than studying hard and making top grades is waging warfare against lazy and stupid students
    who said anything about waging war?

  9. #369
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    181,745

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    who said anything about waging war?
    reading more than a few posts on a thread you jump into spares one embarrassment


    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Then stop waging it against the working class.



  10. #370
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    even with what you call huge tax breaks the rich are PAYING MORE OF THE INCOME TAX SHARE NOW THAN AT ANY TIME IN THE LAST 70 years
    Correction, they are paying more only because they are making more. However, the rate they are paying is less. Or, are you suggesting that if we eliminate the Bush tax cuts the wealthy will pay a lower rate? If that is the case, why don't you support elimination of the tax cuts????

    Your argument is not logical counselor!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •