View Poll Results: Do The Rich Need Saving?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 10.00%
  • No

    59 84.29%
  • Not Sure

    0 0%
  • Other/explain

    4 5.71%
Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 443

Thread: Do The Rich Need Saving?

  1. #351
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Nope. No one can admit for someone else. No can admit anything that takes the palce of actual and factual data. Your argument is so flawed that if you were in a formal debate, you'd be laughed off the stage. This is not the type of thing any one can admit to. Sorry.
    You seem unable to comprehend the obvious point. I am merely pointing out what OBAMA believes. He believes that the rich do not benefit from spending and do not sacrifice or give something up when government spending is cut.



  2. #352
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You seem unable to comprehend the obvious point. I am merely pointing out what OBAMA believes. He believes that the rich do not benefit from spending and do not sacrifice or give something up when government spending is cut.
    This is the point: I doen't matter what he BELIEVES!!!!! Belief is not the criteria we make judges on in this type of subject.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #353
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    This is the point: I doen't matter what he BELIEVES!!!!! Belief is not the criteria we make judges on in this type of subject.
    well if we are talking about what motivates the president of a party that tends to promote policies that prevent people from becoming rich, I think it is important to understand what his beliefs are.

    this thread demands an opinion and I find it interesting that you pretend that some sort of logic is going to be the only source for an answer



  4. #354
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    well if we are talking about what motivates the president of a party that tends to promote policies that prevent people from becoming rich, I think it is important to understand what his beliefs are.

    this thread demands an opinion and I find it interesting that you pretend that some sort of logic is going to be the only source for an answer
    No, it really isn't. First, you can read his mind, and you've proven a poor interpreter of his comments. But none of that matters. Nothing here is settle by belief or admission, but instead by the factors that are involved with the economy and governing.

    The rich can handle themselves. All these years, and they haven't jump ship on being rich. You want to worry about a class, you might consider putting some of this energy on worrying about the middle class, who haven't done well regardless of who is president of late.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #355
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by ElCid View Post
    Class warfare is despicable.
    Then stop waging it against the working class.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  6. #356
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, it really isn't. First, you can read his mind, and you've proven a poor interpreter of his comments. But none of that matters. Nothing here is settle by belief or admission, but instead by the factors that are involved with the economy and governing.

    The rich can handle themselves. All these years, and they haven't jump ship on being rich. You want to worry about a class, you might consider putting some of this energy on worrying about the middle class, who haven't done well regardless of who is president of late.

    you have an opinion that my interpretation is poor. I find your opinion specious and unsupported by either logic or a rational conclusion.

    The middle class is where most of those who are millionaires today were yesterday. The only thing we can really do about that is hurting the middle class is the entitlement addiction that stifles ambition and desire. the other things-such as globalization of manufacturing and skilled cheaper labor overseas we cannot prevent though we can try to convince people that if they want above average (globally) wages and standards of living, they have to be able to provide above average skills



  7. #357
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Then stop waging it against the working class.
    doing well and making money is not waging war against the working class anymore than studying hard and making top grades is waging warfare against lazy and stupid students



  8. #358
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    BTW, TD, before you continue your effort to run away from what you really said, this is the comment that started our discussion:

    Quote Originally Posted by Turtle Dude
    Obama admitted last monday that the rich don't benefit from government spending
    This was your answer to evidence that rich did benefit. You did not refute the evidence, you provided no other evidence, you merely said Obama admitted it wasn't so. He can't do that. His admission means nothing to the evidence, even if hemade such an admission, which has not really been entered into evidence at all.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    you have an opinion that my interpretation is poor. I find your opinion specious and unsupported by either logic or a rational conclusion.

    The middle class is where most of those who are millionaires today were yesterday. The only thing we can really do about that is hurting the middle class is the entitlement addiction that stifles ambition and desire. the other things-such as globalization of manufacturing and skilled cheaper labor overseas we cannot prevent though we can try to convince people that if they want above average (globally) wages and standards of living, they have to be able to provide above average skills
    Dude, I provided links to evidence. You simply told us what you think Obama admitted to. Nothing more. I'm sorry, dude, but that is weak. Real weak.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #360
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    BTW, TD, before you continue your effort to run away from what you really said, this is the comment that started our discussion:



    This was your answer to evidence that rich did benefit. You did not refute the evidence, you provided no other evidence, you merely said Obama admitted it wasn't so. He can't do that. His admission means nothing to the evidence, even if hemade such an admission, which has not really been entered into evidence at all.

    that is what obama clearly implied. he believes that they can only sacrifice by paying more taxes while everyone else only have to live with less government spending

    you are trying to defer the obvious implications of Obama's beliefs by diverting this with your patent attempt to confuse a belief with some sort of factual evidence



Page 36 of 45 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •