View Poll Results: Do The Rich Need Saving?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 10.00%
  • No

    59 84.29%
  • Not Sure

    0 0%
  • Other/explain

    4 5.71%
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 443

Thread: Do The Rich Need Saving?

  1. #301
    Educator U.S. Socialist.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 04:55 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    913

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Nope, I am for immediate spending cuts, lets bring our troops home immediately saving $150 billion a year and cut military spending in half, back to the 90's levels and save another $350 billion a year.
    We can't cut military spending, I mean how else would we maintain our empire?

  2. #302
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Socialist. View Post
    We can't cut military spending, I mean how else would we maintain our empire?
    Wasn't overspending on military a big factor in the Fall of the Soviet Union? But that could never happen to us right?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #303
    Educator U.S. Socialist.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    04-18-12 @ 04:55 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    913

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Wasn't overspending on military a big factor in the Fall of the Soviet Union? But that could never happen to us right?
    Of course it can't. After all we are America, God's chosen country. A shining city on a hill. God would never let OUR empire collapse.

    In all seriousness though the parallels to the USSR are kind of disturbing. We have an elite ruling class that controls all the wealth and is increasingly out of touch with the people while the working class is getting poorer and poorer.

    Meanwhile we spend trillions on a massive military in order to project our might across the glob and to top it all off were mired in Afghanistan.

  4. #304
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by U.S. Socialist. View Post
    Of course it can't. After all we are America, God's chosen country. A shining city on a hill. God would never let OUR empire collapse.

    In all seriousness though the parallels to the USSR are kind of disturbing. We have an elite ruling class that controls all the wealth and is increasingly out of touch with the people while the working class is getting poorer and poorer.

    Meanwhile we spend trillions on a massive military in order to project our might across the glob and to top it all off were mired in Afghanistan.
    Have no fear, our teachers and seniors can take up the slack for 30 years of tax cuts and unnecessary military spending!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  5. #305
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Have no fear, our teachers and seniors can take up the slack for 30 years of tax cuts and unnecessary military spending!
    It's about time, those evil slackers!

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #306
    global liberation

    ecofarm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Miami
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    66,400

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Have no fear, our teachers and seniors can take up the slack for 30 years of tax cuts and unnecessary military spending!
    How ya gonna do that if you're posting here? Get to work, victim.


    Thread does not deliver. We need a "commie" subforum with a "class warfare" section.

  7. #307
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    It's about time, those evil slackers!

    And lording over us with their '98 Toyota Corollas!!!!!!!!



    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #308
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    How ya gonna do that if you're posting here? Get to work, victim.
    I forgot that you depend on my revenues to pay for your wars so you rich still get to enjoy your $58,000 average tax cuts! Hell of a deal!!!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #309
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    And lording over us with their '98 Toyota Corollas!!!!!!!!





    Look at one last week for $890. Bet I could have gotten it for five.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #310
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Look at one last week for $890. Bet I could have gotten it for five.

    Ah, you must be one of those highfalutin teachers!
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •