View Poll Results: Do The Rich Need Saving?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    7 10.00%
  • No

    59 84.29%
  • Not Sure

    0 0%
  • Other/explain

    4 5.71%
Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 443

Thread: Do The Rich Need Saving?

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-11 @ 06:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    JMO, but from my observations it seem like Democrats and Republicans are usually (again I am using the word usually as there can always be exceptions) one of the following:


    Republicans are: the wealthy and those that are not smart enough to realize the odds are stacked against them in a world of unequal opportunity

    Democrats are: people who disbelieve in Christianity and or who want to see less suffering in the world

    Does anyone else see this pattern as well?
    music; why do you say it is a world of unequal oppertunity when a poor boy like obama can get to be president?

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-11 @ 06:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Yes, there is somewhat of a pattern like that, except that at a local level it varies a lot. I'm an activist at the local level, advocating things like Senior Citizens Centers and the like, and when I need to round up volunteers and support for those types of things the Democratic Party types are always 'too busy' or something, doing Big Important Stuff, but when I go around to the little 'Evil Fundie Right Wing Churches' I can always find people to volunteer for and turn out to vote for such projects, set up food banks, mow yards and doing repairs for shut ins being harassed by city Code enforcement Nazis, drivers, etc., so, I'm not much of a supporter of either Party; I don't know of any atheist organizations that set up and maintain soup kitchens, shelters, or anything at all of that nature, either, so I'm not much impressed with Xian H8ters any more than any other type of bigots.
    you sound like a saint

  3. #173
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    But miss boop, just because you are satisfied to be midle class, why cant other people want to be rich?
    Not the ask/answer point, as clearly shown in my post.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    you sound like a saint
    And you sound like a reincarnation.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-11 @ 06:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    I agree with most of what you said, not too familiar with some of the other points though. One thing that I do not want to bash (even if the majority of the ones who support it, do so for luxury reasons), is the legalization of growing hemp in the U.S. - this would be a great boost to the economy - btw, hemp is not taken from a marijuana plant, they are closely related plants, but not the same thing.

    Even marijuana, like alcohol, could be a great cash crop (enhancing the economy), it would reduce money spent on fighting the loosing battle against it and free up time for the law to focus on other more important issues, and it would free up a lot of jail cells thus putting less burden on the economy and the list goes on. Hemp and its cousin Marijuana, could bring us out of this recession - with likely little effect as the percent of people using marijuana is sky high already. jmo ... but it is many other's as well
    i would not want to see a lot of the people in prison let out to comit more crime.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-11 @ 06:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I know all that, I'm a sometime toker myself, it's just further down my list of urgent political and economic priorities, way down. I also have some doubts about how great it would be as a cash crop, and how much hemp clothing is really needed to stock trendy stores like Banana Republic; I can't afford the place, myself, but I'm not opposed to pot. I agree it was stupid to ban it, and know why it was banned. It's just not a burning issue for me.

    I wouldn't die if alcohol was banned, either, though, in fact I would vote for Prohibition if the issue came up again, I've seen the damage and ruin it does, so I'm a mixed bag on drug issues. I'm not a Libertarian; it depends on the drugs and their effects on people and society in general, and alcohol has never been a positive for either.
    i think booze and weed are things that shoud be left to each ones preferance to have a free country.

  7. #177
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-11 @ 06:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Not the ask/answer point, as clearly shown in my post.
    Huh ... i dont understand that

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-11 @ 06:08 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    133

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    And you sound like a reincarnation.
    Well thanx i hop so.

  9. #179
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    music; why do you say it is a world of unequal oppertunity when a poor boy like obama can get to be president?
    I love it when people use rare cases where people have beat the odds as evidence of equal opportunity. This is like saying that someone who has won the lottery is evidence that all people could win the lottery if they only wish hard enough, lol ... this being said, things are, in some ways, better than they were, however, there certainly does not mean that equal opportunity exists. Anytime someone can be born into wealth and another can be born into poverty, equal opportunity (in the truest sense of the word) will not exist.

  10. #180
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,766

    Re: Do The Rich Need Saving?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    I love it when people use rare cases where people have beat the odds as evidence of equal opportunity. This is like saying that someone who has won the lottery is evidence that all people could win the lottery if they only wish hard enough, lol ... this being said, things are, in some ways, better than they were, however, there certainly does not mean that equal opportunity exists. Anytime someone can be born into wealth and another can be born into poverty, equal opportunity (in the truest sense of the word) will not exist.
    artificial means to create equality are far worse than any problems that come from inequality



Page 18 of 45 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •