View Poll Results: Should a multi-billionaire settle for 2 jets instead of 3, 7 homes instead of 10 etc?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes (if it means serving the greater good)

    12 24.49%
  • No (no one has the right to decide how much wealth is too much)

    37 75.51%
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 207

Thread: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

  1. #141
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Okay fine I'll accept that you think they can not make it on their own.




    Well some work as nurses aids doing hospice care and things like that. They change diapers on old dying people.
    I never said that-if you feel a need to make up responses from me so be it

    its delusional to try to say everyone or even most of those who aren't paying income taxes are in that sort of despair



  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its delusional to try to say everyone or even most of those who aren't paying income taxes are in that sort of despair

    Wow you don't read very well I clearly said some.

  3. #143
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    people who suckle from the public teat rather than working
    Oh, I thought you might be talking about GE, but then I think we would be far better off with no or a very low tax rate fo companies.

  4. #144
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Oh, I thought you might be talking about GE, but then I think we would be far better off with no or a very low tax rate fo companies.
    true-companies exist to make their owners money when greedy governments try to take too much companies leave. and everyone loses but the company and its owners



  5. #145
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    true-companies exist to make their owners money when greedy governments try to take too much companies leave. and everyone loses but the company and its owners

    Companies go where the demand for their product is.

  6. #146
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Companies go where the demand for their product is.
    no-companies SELL where people demand their products



  7. #147
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Companies go where the demand for their product is.
    Sometimes this is true. Not always. Sometimes companies locate elsewhere due to taxes here and/or excessive regulation.

    Does Debate Politics have a place for pictures to be uploaded to?

  8. #148
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    Sometimes this is true. Not always. Sometimes companies locate elsewhere due to taxes here and/or excessive regulation.

    Does Debate Politics have a place for pictures to be uploaded to?

    When you respond click on the picture icon to post a photo.It is the 14th icon from the bold B

  9. #149
    Guru

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,173

    Re: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    When you respond click on the picture icon to post a photo.It is the 14th icon from the bold B
    That doesn't work unless I have the pic on the internet and I don't. I found the photo album for DP, but it took forever to upload and I finally cancelled it. I may try again later. Arrgh. Thanks.

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Billionaires: free to romp or responsible to fellow citizens?

    Quote Originally Posted by LesGovt View Post
    That doesn't work unless I have the pic on the internet and I don't. I found the photo album for DP, but it took forever to upload and I finally cancelled it. I may try again later. Arrgh. Thanks.
    Hmmm I can upload an image from my computer.

    Might ask a mod.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •