View Poll Results: Who do you think is the greatest revolutionary of the 20th century?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Che Guevara

    2 5.56%
  • Malcolm X

    0 0%
  • Martin Luther King

    5 13.89%
  • Gandhi

    16 44.44%
  • Other (please note)

    13 36.11%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54

Thread: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

  1. #21
    Sage
    Harry Guerrilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Not affiliated with other libertarians.
    Last Seen
    09-01-17 @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    28,955

    Re: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

    In my opinion, Milton Friedman was the greatest 20th century, liberal revolutionary.
    Don't think I could pigeon hole one person as the single greatest though.
    I was discovering that life just simply isn't fair and bask in the unsung glory of knowing that each obstacle overcome along the way only adds to the satisfaction in the end. Nothing great, after all, was ever accomplished by anyone sulking in his or her misery.
    —Adam Shepard

  2. #22
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

    I vote Steve Jobs. Technology and how we live our lives has had a far greater impact than any of these people. These people's work touches a few, the work of the people at companies like Apple and Microsoft has affected everyone.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  3. #23
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,159

    Re: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    Lenin, there was no revolution in the 20th century more influential in shaping world events than the Russian Revolution.
    He certainly was the most influential. Without Lenin, there would be no Che.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  4. #24
    Guru
    celticwar17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,890

    Re: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

    Yukio Mishima
    Because he was a bad-ass...and committed Harakiri.

  5. #25
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 10:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    I vote Steve Jobs. Technology and how we live our lives has had a far greater impact than any of these people. These people's work touches a few, the work of the people at companies like Apple and Microsoft has affected everyone.
    Steve Jobs is not a revolutionary. He is very very good at taking existing technology products and using genius marketing to sell a bazillion units. I admire his talent, but its not like the world be that different if people listened to rios' instead of ipods. Microsoft didn't revolutionize anything but illegal monopoly tactics.

  6. #26
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Steve Jobs is not a revolutionary. He is very very good at taking existing technology products and using genius marketing to sell a bazillion units. I admire his talent, but its not like the world be that different if people listened to rios' instead of ipods. Microsoft didn't revolutionize anything but illegal monopoly tactics.
    I respectfully disagree. Apple and Microsoft took a far different approach to technology and the PC than anyone else ever did. The reason you have a computer is because of these companies now. How is Martin Luther King Jr. not a marketing genius? Do you think he could have made it as far as he did if not for a clear message for people to get behind?

    Face it. Technology as we know it today, our world as we know it today for better or worse has been shaped by these two companies.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  7. #27
    Guru
    PerfectStorm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-01-17 @ 09:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,182

    Re: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

    Elvis the Pelvis.

  8. #28
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

    Henry Ford, John Moses Browning Jonas Salk, the Wrights



  9. #29
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

    Joseph Beuys was one.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Greatest 20th Century Revolutionary

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Apple and Microsoft took a far different approach to technology and the PC than anyone else ever did. The reason you have a computer is because of these companies now. How is Martin Luther King Jr. not a marketing genius? Do you think he could have made it as far as he did if not for a clear message for people to get behind?

    Face it. Technology as we know it today, our world as we know it today for better or worse has been shaped by these two companies.
    The fact is that both of them were important, and without both the entire market wouldn't of existed. Without Jobs nothing would been thought up, and without Gates nothing would be worth a damn.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •