View Poll Results: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    5 35.71%
  • No

    9 64.29%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

  1. #1
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,762

    Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

    The proposal from the President and economist to get our nation's economy on a more sustainable path calls for a mix of $3 trillion in spending cuts and $1 trillion in "revenue raisers"...eliminating tax loopholes.

    The Republicans continue to say that government can't create weath. They also make the claim that removing revenue from the private sector will stiffle job growth. However, they didn't seem to have a problem with that when Pres. Reagan increased the payroll tax in order to apply that revenue towards defense spending. By that, Reagan used public-private partnerships in order to empower the "military industrial complex" to create jobs and improve job growth. That got me to to thinking...

    Where would you like to see those "revenue raises" go toward:

    1) Paying down the debt; or,

    2) Made part of a jobs bill that relies on "public-private partnerships", perhaps not in defense spending but rather on public works projects at the state level?

    Could you approve of such revenue generation being diverted from the Treasury if it would create jobs within the private sector in partnership with state governments?
    Last edited by Redress; 07-17-11 at 01:42 PM. Reason: User Request, fixed title

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

    Get this through your head.......since Obama's Trillion dollar boondoggle of a subprime PORKULUS/"Jobs Bill" to Nowhere.....didnt.....

    -------GOVERNMENT DOES NOT CREATE JOBS--------it creates slobs------
    .
    .
    .
    .

  3. #3
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

    Government can create jobs that is just a fact. Anyone who denies this is out of their mind, and ignoring facts.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  4. #4
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

    I don’t need more jobs. If unemployment is too low labor costs will go up and product cost also. There will be more reason to move jobs to China and India. The returns on my investments will be lower. And infrastructure like bridges can be done by private companies. Tolls are easy to collect with Ipass.
    Damn, how come I’m voting ‘yes’.

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Government can create jobs that is just a fact. Anyone who denies this is out of their mind, and ignoring facts.
    If government had its own money.......perhaps unicorns might fly out of monkey's butts......and government could create jobs.

    ....but government only has the money they steal from We The People......from Employers, Job Creators, Entreprenuers, Businesses, Workers, and Consumers.......the job engine.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  6. #6
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    If government had its own money.......perhaps unicorns might fly out of monkey's butts......and government could create jobs.

    ....but government only has the money they steal from We The People......from Employers, Job Creators, Entreprenuers, Businesses, Workers, and Consumers.......the job engine.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Taxes isn't theft, so stop that line of thought right there. And yes they do create jobs, or would you say every soldier is doing nothing more then stealing from the people?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #7
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    The proposal from the President and economist to get our nation's economy on a more sustainable path calls for a mix of $3 trillion in spending cuts and $1 trillion in "revenue raisers"...eliminating tax loopholes.

    The Republicans continue to say that government can't create weath. They also make the claim that removing revenue from the private sector will stiffle job growth. However, they didn't seem to have a problem with that when Pres. Reagan increased the payroll tax in order to apply that revenue towards defense spending. By that, Reagan used public-private partnerships in order to empower the "military industrial complex" to create jobs and improve job growth. That got me to to thinking...

    Where would you like to see those "revenue raises" go toward:

    1) Paying down the debt; or,

    2) Made part of a jobs bill that relies on "public-private partnerships", perhaps not in defense spending but rather on public works projects at the state level?

    Could you approve of such revenue generation being diverted from the Treasury if it would create jobs within the private sector in partnership with state governments?
    ^^This.

    12345
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

    I sent the OP post to the President.

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Taxes isn't theft, so stop that line of thought right there. And yes they do create jobs, or would you say every soldier is doing nothing more then stealing from the people?
    So we agree government doesnt have its own money.....it only has what it takes from the Private Sector--The Host Organism and Job Engine.
    .
    .
    .

  10. #10
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,359

    Re: Would You accept putting $1 Trillion in increased revenues towards jobs?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    So we agree government doesnt have its own money.....it only has what it takes from the Private Sector--The Host Organism and Job Engine.
    .
    .
    .
    The government creates jobs, fact. End of thread.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •