View Poll Results: Do we get out of debt by raising taxes, cutting tax breaks, AND cutting some spending

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. We must seriously tighten our belts.

    17 62.96%
  • No. (Alternate theory)

    10 37.04%
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 109

Thread: The best way to fix our Economy?

  1. #61
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: The best way to fix our Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    It's not that they can't, it's that they won't.
    Which is worse?

  2. #62
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: The best way to fix our Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Yeah... seee, there's a thing called "Search" where you can put in something called "keywords" and all I had to do was search for the last 3 months, and I only had to pick two threads and my proof appeared.

    You're obsessed with rich people - they OWE you and everyone else apparently. Here's the list, I've included the links too. Oh and by the way, there were 8 (that's E I G H T) more threads I didn't both with which was a treasure trove of your class warfare ideology, along with donc, rangel, petey, and a few others. Quite the class warfare clan you have going.

    When I look at this stuff all at the same time, it project class hate. You hate rich people. You dislike the tax cuts because it favors rich people. Rich people deserve to pay more to support those who don't have as much - ie., spreading the wealth around. You even claim you're glad to be a socialist in one of the little clips. I mean, are you really now going to deny it and try pulling some nonsense that I'm a liar?

    Just go back and look at every other political cartoon picture you've ever posted in that long thread - 50% or more all have to do with class warfare and ugly rich people or a picture of some rich dude holding bags of money and whatnot.

    Here's the part where you claim it's only 49.9% and not 50% or make some other lame-o excuse. At least be a man and stand up for what you are and admit it. Don't back pedal now - it looks weak and paltry.
    Next time you need a DP reset, I'm your man. Consider yourself set straight. :
    1.) Did you quote all of Carawba's posts? or just the one's that supported your argument?

    2.) Even if all of Catawba's posts were regarding that topic ... what would be the crime?

  3. #63
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: The best way to fix our Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Attachment 67114748

    ............
    LMAO ... great post, love it

  4. #64
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The best way to fix our Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    1.) Did you quote all of Carawba's posts? or just the one's that supported your argument?
    I quoted the posts in two separate threads that discussed wealth and taxing the rich, which made up the majority of his posts in those two threads. You're free to start at page one in any of those threads and scroll through and read them. Which is why I put the links there.

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    2.) Even if all of Catawba's posts were regarding that topic ... what would be the crime?
    That's a strawman... congratulations. I've never claimed a crime... I simply stated he's obsessed with class warfare and the rich which he denied, then called me a liar and told me to prove it. And prove it I did thereby defending my credibility by telling the truth.


    Any other questions I can answer for you?
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  5. #65
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: The best way to fix our Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I quoted the posts in two separate threads that discussed wealth and taxing the rich, which made up the majority of his posts in those two threads. You're free to start at page one in any of those threads and scroll through and read them. Which is why I put the links there.

    That's a strawman... congratulations. I've never claimed a crime... I simply stated he's obsessed with class warfare and the rich which he denied, then called me a liar and told me to prove it. And prove it I did thereby defending my credibility by telling the truth.


    Any other questions I can answer for you?
    OK, but did you sample from other threads that were not about taxes?

    I suppose what I am saying, is that simply because someone has an opinion on a certain subject, does not make them obsessed with their opinion. It just happens that Carawba has opinions about other things too ... does that mean he is obsessed with those opinions too? He defends his opinions as much as you defend yours and this does not make you obsessed with your opinions either.

  6. #66
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The best way to fix our Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    OK, but did you sample from other threads that were not about taxes?
    I sampled from threads which contained the word "TAXES" and "RICH". I'm not a professional pollster, nor do I play one on television.

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    I suppose what I am saying, is that simply because someone has an opinion on a certain subject, does not make them obsessed with their opinion. It just happens that Carawba has opinions about other things too ... does that mean he is obsessed with those opinions too? He defends his opinions as much as you defend yours and this does not make you obsessed with your opinions either.
    You are free to use the search function of DP the same way I did and do your own research as to the obsession of some posters on certain subjects. I am obsessed with large government and the need for smaller government, I am also obsessed with the fact that progressives have no grasp that the U.S. has a spending problem and not a taxing problem. The difference is I know who I am, I know what I believe, and I can back it up. I don't bother denying what is obvious to others and I don't call people liars for telling the truth. You want to defend someone - go to law school and put out your shingle. Everything I posted stands - you don't think it's fair, not my problem.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #67
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: The best way to fix our Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I sampled from threads which contained the word "TAXES" and "RICH". I'm not a professional pollster, nor do I play one on television.


    You are free to use the search function of DP the same way I did and do your own research as to the obsession of some posters on certain subjects. I am obsessed with large government and the need for smaller government, I am also obsessed with the fact that progressives have no grasp that the U.S. has a spending problem and not a taxing problem. The difference is I know who I am, I know what I believe, and I can back it up. I don't bother denying what is obvious to others and I don't call people liars for telling the truth. You want to defend someone - go to law school and put out your shingle. Everything I posted stands - you don't think it's fair, not my problem.
    You're committing character assassination, and its clear to anyone and everyone who reads this thread. You're essentially saying that because Catawba maintains his position on this issue, and continues to advocate the position he holds, he is obsessed about it.

    If that were the case, then quite literally every non-hypocrite would be obsessed about every issue, and when you shorten the time interval, even every hypocrite is obsessive about every issue. If you want to use that definition, go right ahead, but you'll be alone in that use.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #68
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: The best way to fix our Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    I sampled from threads which contained the word "TAXES" and "RICH". I'm not a professional pollster, nor do I play one on television.


    You are free to use the search function of DP the same way I did and do your own research as to the obsession of some posters on certain subjects. I am obsessed with large government and the need for smaller government, I am also obsessed with the fact that progressives have no grasp that the U.S. has a spending problem and not a taxing problem. The difference is I know who I am, I know what I believe, and I can back it up. I don't bother denying what is obvious to others and I don't call people liars for telling the truth. You want to defend someone - go to law school and put out your shingle. Everything I posted stands - you don't think it's fair, not my problem.
    That's fine, if you want to call it an obsession you are free to. However, you are using the word incorrectly (i.e. you are exaggerating and dramatizing). The correct terminology is that one holds a belief, not an obsession.

  9. #69
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The best way to fix our Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    You're committing character assassination, and its clear to anyone and everyone who reads this thread
    I'm pointing out a lie and I'm defending myself from a person who calls me a liar. Like I said, you don't like it, not my problem. Those are not my words quoted there.... all I'm doing it putting them all in one place. Toodles!




    PS - The problem here is someone asked for it, and I stomped on them and you don' like it. Sorry.
    Last edited by Ockham; 07-19-11 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added PS
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  10. #70
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The best way to fix our Economy?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    That's fine, if you want to call it an obsession you are free to. However, you are using the word incorrectly (i.e. you are exaggerating and dramatizing). The correct terminology is that one holds a belief, not an obsession.
    Call it whatever makes you happy. I call it an obsession. I'm not going to quibble with you about what you think is the correct word choice.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •