Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 618

Thread: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

  1. #461
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    friend = government then?
    Tell me which word you didn't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  2. #462
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    They have most of the wealth, and they want it all.

    And they don't pay a majority of taxes
    Check your facts. they ABSOLUTELY do.
    From the ashes.

  3. #463
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Check your facts. they ABSOLUTELY do.
    They absolutely do not
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  4. #464
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Tell me which word you didn't understand.
    I understand completely. you said "For the rich, a "friend" is anyone who can help them steal more money from the middle class."

    The government taxes the people and the subsidizes big business. Oil subsidies, bank bailouts, any of these ring a bell? Not to mention it's borrowed money and We the People get to pay the interest! What...A... DEAL!
    From the ashes.

  5. #465
    Educator Helvidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Good ol' US of A
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    735

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    Hong Kong is not a free market, not by any stretch of the imagination

    Let us know when you can come up with an example of a free market that has lifted its' people up from poverty. "Closest to a free market" does not mean "A free market"
    Remind me why I have to give you an example of a country that has been completely free market. I gave example of technological advancements that took place in the free market. A country can have a mixed economy and still have advancements thanks to the free market. I listed examples a few posts ago.

    Btw do you realize you don't refute anything with evidence? If you have proof Hong Kong "isn't a free market by any stretch of the imagination", feel free to post it...
    Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

  6. #466
    Professor
    Phoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    04-27-17 @ 10:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,782

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    They absolutely do not

    Actually it is the top 5% that pay a majority.
    From the ashes.

  7. #467
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,180
    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    The top 2% are not paying their share of taxes.
    Your subjective opinion. Sake of argument, I say yes they do.

    They are the biggest recipients of govt welfare, without which they'd be poor.
    Yet another example of the inefficiency and corruption inherent in government redistributing for half-baked notions of fairness.

    Quote Originally Posted by sangha View Post
    For the rich, a "friend" is anyone who can help them steal more money from the middle class.
    This sweeping generalization reveals your flagrant class-based hate.

  8. #468
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Helvidius View Post
    Remind me why I have to give you an example of a country that has been completely free market. I gave example of technological advancements that took place in the free market. A country can have a mixed economy and still have advancements thanks to the free market. I listed examples a few posts ago.

    Btw do you realize you don't refute anything with evidence? If you have proof Hong Kong "isn't a free market by any stretch of the imagination", feel free to post it...
    Because you claim that a free market exists. The free market is a rightwing scam invented by the rich to dupe the wingnuts who support them.

    And mixed economies are not free markets. You dont seem to even know what the term means. Hong Kong subsidizes its tech industry
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  9. #469
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Actually it is the top 5% that pay a majority.
    Wrong again. They do not pay taxes in proportion to their income
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

  10. #470
    Sage
    sangha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lower Hudson Valley, NY
    Last Seen
    09-17-17 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    59,990

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Neomalthusian View Post
    Your subjective opinion. Sake of argument, I say yes they do.
    Your subjective opinion. Sake of argument, I say no they do not

    Yet another example of the inefficiency and corruption inherent in government redistributing for half-baked notions of fairness.
    More like another example of how the wealthy steal from the working class.

    your sweeping generalization reveals your flagrant class-based bias.
    Quote Originally Posted by matchlight View Post
    Justice Thomas' opinions consistently contain precise, detailed constitutional analyses.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaeger19 View Post
    the vast majority of folks that need healthcare are on Medicare.. both rich and poor..

Page 47 of 62 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •