Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 618

Thread: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

  1. #21
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,617

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well if i was "successful"? First off what is your definition of "success" is it how big your paycheck is? Or is it doing something you like?




    "Reward"? Gov assistance is a "reward"?
    Also moving up the ladder you also get government "reward" if you havent noticed...


    STOP WITH THE ****ING DOTS
    are you willing to pay 50cents on every dollar you make?



  2. #22
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    socialism is a pipe dream that appeals to losers and those who pander to them
    Right... TurtleDude is this the only argument of theory you have toward socialism? "Its a pipe dream and lazy, loser slobs are only socialists"? Seriously? Do you have anything other than that idiotic, conservative theory? Seriously?
    Then im guessing Einstein, MLK, George Orwell, Ernest Hemingway, Hellen Keller were all just "losers".


  3. #23
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    are you willing to pay 50cents on every dollar you make?
    If i make that much money, then yes..


  4. #24
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,104

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    I would be willing to pay higher taxes.... but only in a situation where the budget was balanced, the entitlements were reformed to be viable, spending was severely curtailed, etc. Fix the spending problem, and then we need to start tackling the debt.... but if we just hike taxes now, it will only feed the spending problem.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Can we please get rid of this myth that government assistance is a reward?
    Me and Ben will not budge....

    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it."
    .
    .
    .

  6. #26
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,617

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Right... TurtleDude is this the only argument of theory you have toward socialism? "Its a pipe dream and lazy, loser slobs are only socialists"? Seriously? Do you have anything other than that idiotic, conservative theory? Seriously?
    Then im guessing Einstein, MLK, George Orwell, Ernest Hemingway, Hellen Keller were all just "losers".
    oh there are a few ivory tower pillowheads too

    MLK a socialist

    LOL



  7. #27
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,617

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    If i make that much money, then yes..
    How about now? lets put your preaching to practice



  8. #28
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,617

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    I would be willing to pay higher taxes.... but only in a situation where the budget was balanced, the entitlements were reformed to be viable, spending was severely curtailed, etc. Fix the spending problem, and then we need to start tackling the debt.... but if we just hike taxes now, it will only feed the spending problem.

    I am not willing to pay more unless we were to get more benefits-like additional votes



  9. #29
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    How about now? lets put your preaching to practice
    Well if i make more than $250 grand i would gladly pay more taxes...


  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Well if i make more than $250 grand i would gladly pay more taxes...
    Until you actually make the $250 grand that is............
    .
    .
    .
    .

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •