Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 618

Thread: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

  1. #211
    Educator

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    08-15-13 @ 01:41 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    1,034

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    The only hatred I constantly see comes from the envious who blame the rich on their failure to achieve.

    I think you are clueless about me but then again given how short a time you have been here I can understand your confusion.
    Ok, so you have no hatred, that is ok, I was just putting out what I was sensing is all.

    However, you dodged my question regarding those on welfare (to use the proper term).

  2. #212
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Personally I just want Turtledude to pay more taxs so he can finally be right about everyone not loving his beloved teaparty because of envy...cmon, the guys gotta be right once..

  3. #213
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,694

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    why do Cons always make the strawman about raising taxes being "class-warfare" against the rich, while they support economic and financial policies that clearly hurt the Middle-class?
    what hurts the middle class? they pay less taxes than the top 3-5%



  4. #214
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,694

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Personally I just want Turtledude to pay more taxs so he can finally be right about everyone not loving his beloved teaparty because of envy...cmon, the guys gotta be right once..
    Its funny how envy works-it causes people to say really stupid things.



  5. #215
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,694

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post
    Ok, so you have no hatred, that is ok, I was just putting out what I was sensing is all.

    However, you dodged my question regarding those on welfare (to use the proper term).
    some on welfare cannot help their lot. others are slackers. the people who truly suck are the ones who want to keep them dependent and addicted to the government to keep themselves in elected office



  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    In fact, Buffet admits to the very thing that many here deny, that the gap between the super rich and the middle class is increasing by leaps and bounds. In such a society, there cannot be equal opportunity, nor can the middle class be sustained.

    Who cares if the rich get richer?

    That's never been a problem in any civilized society. Rich people have money to spend and that grows the economy and that means jobs grow.

    What should scare the living **** out of you is when a bunch of self-proclaimed elitists arrogate to themselves the authority and the power to decide who is making too much money and how they should be punished for being successful.

    There's not one word in the Constitution of the United States or in the Declaration of Independence that says people who succeed in life should be punished for their success.

    People like Warren Buffet? OF COURSE he wants people punished for making too much money. The ranks of millionaires was swelling every year, until Obama, and that meant there were too many nouveau riche moving into his beloved Laguna Beach and taking up the parking at his favorite restaurants. Every REAL American must question the motives of anyone seekin to punish success. Punishing success is unamerican.

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by MusicAdventurer View Post

    I also am wondering why you think anyone who is on welfare must be completely able to work yet does not do so? Has it ever occurred to you that welfare was created for those who have disabilities and or who experience inevitable hardship, who truly need help?

    Just a few thoughts.
    Ever consider that doesn't make a damn bit of difference what so ever?

    why do Cons always make the strawman about raising taxes being "class-warfare" against the rich, while they support economic and financial policies that clearly hurt the Middle-class?
    I guess you fail to realize that liberals support policies that hurt the poor while on face value(these last two words are put here for a reason) are designed to help the poor. D:

    Anyway, making taxes that only affect the rich, while having the poor pay no taxes but still getting representation is clearly class warfare.

    What was that old saying?

    Oh yeah.. In the old days the problem was taxes without representation, today it is representation without taxes.
    Last edited by Henrin; 07-17-11 at 11:32 PM.

  8. #218
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    some on welfare cannot help their lot. others are slackers. the people who truly suck are the ones who want to keep them dependent and addicted to the government to keep themselves in elected office
    got any examples of politicans who actually seek to keep welfare recipients on welfare, and not educated and employed?

    sounds like a baseless claim to me

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by lpast View Post
    Personally I just want Turtledude to pay more taxs so he can finally be right about everyone not loving his beloved teaparty because of envy...cmon, the guys gotta be right once..
    I sure hope you get your promises paid for by everyone else!

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    01-18-13 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,631

    Re: Do You Want Higher Taxes?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    what hurts the middle class? they pay less taxes than the top 3-5%
    Well, when the upper classes are punished for earning too much money, the upper classes start to cut back on their investments so they don't take the big tax hits.

    "Cutting back on investments"....that means spending less and not expanding their businesses...which means they won't be hiring Joe Middle Class's college graduate son this year.

    The Mayor says that will hurt the middle classes LOTS.

    And that's only one way.

Page 22 of 62 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •