View Poll Results: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pay interest on the bonds etc. cuts elsewhere; preserve US credit.

    8 29.63%
  • Pay things like SS, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.; preserve people.

    5 18.52%
  • Even % cuts across the board.

    4 14.81%
  • Pay everything he thinks needs to be paid regardless of the debt ceiling.

    6 22.22%
  • Ask all that voted against raising the debt ceiling to tell him what to not pay.

    0 0%
  • Ask congress to pass a law that directs him on what to pay.

    4 14.81%
  • Do nothing; wait for congress to do something when things are more obvious.

    0 0%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53

Thread: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

  1. #31
    User Bigkat80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    12-11-11 @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60

    Re: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

    The koch Brothers do not rule anything but a midwestern co. again your Obvious lean is showing quite true by parroting the leftist liberal talking points.
    The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. Patrick Henry

  2. #32
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkat80 View Post
    You Say that as if you had any knowledge. It is Obama's Fault he has tripled spending since he has taken office. he has increased the deficit more than previous presidents combined so tell me again how its not his fault.
    Let's be realistic here. Most of the increased deficit since January 2009 was not directly Obama's fault...it was more a result of a severe recession. For example, even if no new laws are passed at all, the deficit will automatically increase during a recession because the tax base will shrink and the number of people claiming unemployment and social security will grow. Furthermore, whereas Bush pushed through two unfunded laws that greatly added to the deficit (the Bush Tax Cuts and Medicare Part D), Obama's signature legislation (the Affordable Care Act) actually reduces the deficit according to the CBO. It's true that Obama has increased routine discretionary spending as well...but that's at historically normal levels, with the exception of defense spending. I point this out not to attack Bush (although he does deserve criticism for not even attempting to pay for these things), but merely to dispute your point that Obama is some sort of spendaholic. Obama is temperamentally far more fiscally conservative than many of the right-wing ideologues in Congress today.

    Now, that's not to say that spending can't or shouldn't be cut. Of course it can. But the debt ceiling debate is a political crisis, not an economic crisis...and it's being engineered entirely by Republicans.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 07-15-11 at 07:18 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  3. #33
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Add in Welfare, Medicaid, Unemployment, and the other mandatory entitlement programs that we have on the books and that number shoots up to 52.7%.
    Actually your graph is the one that is skewed.. Social Security and medicare are both paid with a seperate tax.. See your pay stub if you want proof and shouldn't be counted on the budget.. Unemplopyment?? Well.. If republicans would do more to create jobs in stead of bending over and spreading their cheecks for rich people.. You wouldn't have to worry about unemployment that much.. Bush made it an issue because he drove up unemployment..

    Welfare and medicaid are for the most part state issues.. Yes they get federal funding.. But it is the state that decides how the money is spent and who gets it..

  4. #34
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    resign and let an adult take over
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we'll get Biden!!!!
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #35
    Educator DemonMyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA.
    Last Seen
    02-11-13 @ 12:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    727

    Re: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkat80 View Post
    You Say that as if you had any knowledge. It is Obama's Fault he has tripled spending since he has taken office. he has increased the deficit more than previous presidents combined so tell me again how its not his fault.
    Because you are ignoring facts and believing false info.. 2009 was a Bush budget and therefor a Bush year.. I also notice that you completely left off Carter, Reagan, and Clinton.. Clinton left Bush a surplus.. So who turned a surplus into a deficit?? A 200 billion dollar surplus because a deficit with a $320 billion dollar tax cut to the rich.. Then add two wars.. Your information is just bias and screwed.. Let us know when you want to come back to reality.. Obama has barely done anything to add to the deficit.. Tarp was also Bush and Obama got most of that paid back..

    Thems the facts.. Sorry..

  6. #36
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    No...this time it really is just the Republicans' fault.
    Really really....you promise?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #37
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkat80 View Post
    I posted the Charts
    Beleive or dont thats your perogative.
    I believe them, but itís your mistake this time. Your post ďIt is Obama's Fault he has tripled spending since he has taken office.Ē Is not supported by Stephen Bloch lists the deficit, not spending. And, no they are not the same thing. Bush for example increased spending on a war in Iraq (To find nuke bombs buried in the desert that are still there according to my father-in-law.) and reduced taxes. Obama hasnít been able to spend very much since. Heís stuck doing thinks like rescuing Ford factories and jobs at Ford.

  8. #38
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigkat80 View Post
    The koch Brothers do not rule anything but a midwestern co. again your Obvious lean is showing quite true by parroting the leftist liberal talking points.
    Nope, I'm Oh I see. Then... You've got me mis-identified. I was the same way in engineering discussions where others were going with beliefs and not engineering.

    With great wealth I could make things happen. Almost anything I want. But, I guess that isnít really ruling because itís not official. So, you could say Obama rules, as he can do anything he wants; and the Koch Brothers canít do anything but run their business. So do you really think that or do you just believe that?

  9. #39
    User Bigkat80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    12-11-11 @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60

    Re: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    I believe them, but it’s your mistake this time. Your post “It is Obama's Fault he has tripled spending since he has taken office.” Is not supported by Stephen Bloch lists the deficit, not spending. And, no they are not the same thing. Bush for example increased spending on a war in Iraq (To find nuke bombs buried in the desert that are still there according to my father-in-law.) and reduced taxes. Obama hasn’t been able to spend very much since. He’s stuck doing thinks like rescuing Ford factories and jobs at Ford.
    Obama, Spending Three Times as Fast as Bush, Blames Bush - By Jim Geraghty - The Campaign Spot - National Review Online
    2. There is a lot of blaming Bush in this speech. Quick perspective: Using numbers from the U.S. Treasury, we see that the debt during Bush’s eight years in office increased from $5.7 trillion to $10.6 trillion, or $4.9 trillion over eight years. That’s bad; that’s basically $610 billion per year. But in the less than three years Obama has been in office, the debt has increased from $10.6 trillion to $14.2 trillion, a $3.6 trillion increase in about 27 months. In other words, Obama is increasing the debt by $1.6 trillion per year, three times as fast as Bush.
    More if you google, the information is out there if you choose to beleive it thats another thing. What is clear Obama is spending at rates much higher than his predecessors..
    The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. Patrick Henry

  10. #40
    User Bigkat80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    12-11-11 @ 06:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60

    Re: What should Obama do if debt ceiling is not raised?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    Nope, I'm Oh I see. Then... You've got me mis-identified. I was the same way in engineering discussions where others were going with beliefs and not engineering.

    With great wealth I could make things happen. Almost anything I want. But, I guess that isn’t really ruling because it’s not official. So, you could say Obama rules, as he can do anything he wants; and the Koch Brothers can’t do anything but run their business. So do you really think that or do you just believe that?
    It seems you cannot or have not shown where the Koch brothers rule anything. The fact that they may or may not be wealthy does not prove that they are manipulating or engineering anything. Bill gates is rich is he ruling anything. obama does not rule in fact he cant even lead. obama is an elected puppet for George Sorros and the rabid left. We have no rulers in this country. There was your mistake, my quote was pertaining to an actual king that was a ruler, not these jack wagons we have now. If my quote pertains to anything it is the encumbered body of the whole bloated government, that is as near a ruler as we have right now and it needs to be starved.
    The liberties of a people never were, nor ever will be, secure, when the transactions of their rulers may be concealed from them. Patrick Henry

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •