View Poll Results: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    18 42.86%
  • No

    24 57.14%
  • Maybe

    0 0%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 123

Thread: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

  1. #51
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Good Gawd.....Are those Obama knee pads wearing out yet?

    The last bunch was plenty decisive my willfully ignorant friend.........and they decided to cram excrement sandwhich after excrement sandwhich down the throats of We The People.......



    And if Democrats raise taxes in this recession.........and revenues fail to increase or barely increase.....WHAT THEN?

    .....more tax increases of course......



    Kind of like every bureaucrat in Washington? Kind of like every government agency?
    .
    .
    .
    .
    The last bunch of so indecisive that they couldn't even agree to phase out the Bush tax-cuts on the wealthy when they had a super majority, and it took them a year longer than Obama had intended to push the healthcare laws for, watered down the healthcare laws, and yeah as a Democrat I will say this; they are a bunch of indecisive pussies. Sometimes that is good, but usually very bad for getting democracy done.

    We are not in a recession, however we will be in one if our government as a whole doesn't do something, it will be far bigger than the last, and this time they won't be able to plug any holes.

    Right now no matter who was in power, if there was a super majority of Republicans or Democrats or a mix like there is now, America is like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and our government has to find a way to get it in the right direction.

    However I am glad we can agree the military needs spending cuts as well. To me it only makes sense to quit funding operations in Libya, get totally out of Iraqi, close up shop in Kuwait, tell Pakistan to go **** itself, and withdraw at a much faster rate from Afghanistan.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  2. #52
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    I started a business in the Most Business Unfriendly Country in the world.........

    I hired poeple in the Most Employer Unfriendly Country in the world........

    I started paying outrageous taxes with my checkbook.......

    .........and as it would happen....as it has happened....with virtually everyone that tread the steps I now take and those that walk in the footseps I laid........you see the reality of statism......you see that Liberalism is the complete lie and utter fraud it has always been.
    Plenty of people pay taxes, and are small business owners. Plenty of people dislike paying taxes, and don't like the regulations we have. An immeasurably small percentage of them actually come to hold the views you hold.

    There has got to be some other reason for why you essentially hate liberals.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  3. #53
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    I started a business in the Most Business Unfriendly Country in the world.........

    I hired poeple in the Most Employer Unfriendly Country in the world........

    I started paying outrageous taxes with my checkbook.......

    .........and as it would happen....as it has happened....with virtually everyone that tread the steps I now take and those that walk in the footseps I laid........you see the reality of statism......you see that Liberalism is the complete lie and utter fraud it has always been.
    .
    .
    .
    .

    Lot's of bad information in here. Try paying the taxes you would in Canada or Switzerland. Going by what I assume is you definition they are FAR more employer unfriendly and they have better economies than U.S. right now.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Lot's of bad information in here. Try paying the taxes you would in Canada or Switzerland. Going by what I assume is you definition they are FAR more employer unfriendly and they have better economies than U.S. right now.
    Well Canada and even Switzerland look more appealing everyday.........



    Welcome to Reality.........and why US Companies ship jobs overseas........and why no foreign Company ships jobs to the US........

    ....when every business has left these shores......the liberal utopia you expect isnt going to be the gumdrops and lollipops the Democrat Party promised.
    .
    .
    .

  5. #55
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,505

    Re: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

    They should be willing to compromise, even if it's a small increase on millionaires... I think they need to show they are willing to work with the president and fix the budget crisis..

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    The last bunch of so indecisive that they couldn't even agree to phase out the Bush tax-cuts on the wealthy when they had a super majority, and it took them a year longer than Obama had intended to push the healthcare laws for, watered down the healthcare laws, and yeah as a Democrat I will say this; they are a bunch of indecisive pussies. Sometimes that is good, but usually very bad for getting democracy done.
    Seeing Democrat Excrement Sandwhiches for what they are......doesnt equate indecisiveness. They passed plenty of legislation.....almost entirely bad for this country and bad for the economy.......but they still passed it.

    We are not in a recession, however we will be in one if our government as a whole doesn't do something, it will be far bigger than the last, and this time they won't be able to plug any holes.
    Well the government spending MORE MONEY........is not a plug.......and neither is raising taxes.

    Right now no matter who was in power, if there was a super majority of Republicans or Democrats or a mix like there is now, America is like a ship with a hole in the bottom, leaking water, and our government has to find a way to get it in the right direction.
    Well the Democrat solution is to put an addition on the sinking ship.........more government, more taxes, more subprime Democrat Social Programs to Nowhere..........

    However I am glad we can agree the military needs spending cuts as well. To me it only makes sense to quit funding operations in Libya, get totally out of Iraqi, close up shop in Kuwait, tell Pakistan to go **** itself, and withdraw at a much faster rate from Afghanistan.
    We agree....but we can't balance the budget on the backs of the military or with tax increases alone.
    .
    .
    .
    .

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Plenty of people pay taxes, and are small business owners. Plenty of people dislike paying taxes, and don't like the regulations we have. An immeasurably small percentage of them actually come to hold the views you hold.
    Actually after Nov. 2 ,2010--The Largest Political Ass Whooping in history.......it seems my views are clearly in the majority.

    There has got to be some other reason for why you essentially hate liberals.
    I also lived in a liberal utopia/complete ****hole for some time.........
    .
    .
    .
    .

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Badmutha View Post
    Well Canada and even Switzerland look more appealing everyday.........



    This chart is a perfect example of the flaw in so many of your arguments. That flaw being looking only at one factor and acting as if its the only one at play. For example the US easily has a better economic outlook than many of the countries on that list which according to your chart have lower coperate income tax rates, so if we only look at one factor than lowering tax rates would make us more like Greece, or Spain, or Portugal, or Ireland, or Mexico, or Italy. That doesn't help your argument.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    07-25-13 @ 08:55 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,951

    Re: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    They should be willing to compromise, even if it's a small increase on millionaires... I think they need to show they are willing to work with the president and fix the budget crisis..
    Compromise and commit political suicide......I wouldnt.....

    The top 1% pay almsot 40% of all the taxes........I believe that accounts for more than their "Fair Share".........
    .
    .
    .
    .

  10. #60
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,107

    Re: Should Republicans agree to Tax Increases.....and commit political suicide?

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This chart is a perfect example of the flaw in so many of your arguments. That flaw being looking only at one factor and acting as if its the only one at play. For example the US easily has a better economic outlook than many of the countries on that list which according to your chart have lower coperate income tax rates, so if we only look at one factor than lowering tax rates would make us more like Greece, or Spain, or Portugal, or Ireland, or Mexico, or Italy. That doesn't help your argument.
    the question seemed to be about Canada and Switzerland. however, you are right to point out that the corporate tax rate is only one factor.



    you will notice that, when a large variety of factors are included, both Switzerland and Canada, are, in fact, enjoying economies that are freer than ours; with Switzerland occupying the #5 slot, Canada taking #6, and the US taking #9. Critically, while both of those economies are in the process of becoming even more free, we are in the process of becoming less free. Now, would you like to know how Canada and Switzerland are doing v the US when it comes to our "recovery"?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •