View Poll Results: Which is better?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lord of the Rings trilogy

    25 56.82%
  • Star Wars OT

    19 43.18%
  • Dance, dance like you want to win!

    0 0%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 81

Thread: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?

  1. #61
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?

    Episodes I-III had TWO good things. Natalie Portman and the fight between Skywalker and Kenobi at the end of III. LOTR beats those.

    However, when you put LOTR up against the Trilogy, then it is no question Star Wars is better. The movies alone redefined Sci-fi and the concept of special effects. They truly are masterpieces. But to be fair, the LOTR books was probably one of my favorite series I ever read.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  2. #62
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,749

    Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    I don't get all this hate towards the prequels.
    Uh... they're crap?
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  3. #63
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?


  4. #64
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    Episodes I-III had TWO good things. Natalie Portman and the fight between Skywalker and Kenobi at the end of III. LOTR beats those.

    However, when you put LOTR up against the Trilogy, then it is no question Star Wars is better. The movies alone redefined Sci-fi and the concept of special effects. They truly are masterpieces. But to be fair, the LOTR books was probably one of my favorite series I ever read.
    LOTR created an entirely new genre though; the epic. The movies were decades ahead of contemporary works, and their storyline is still intact, something Star Wars sadly cannot claim.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  5. #65
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    LOTR created an entirely new genre though; the epic. The movies were decades ahead of contemporary works, and their storyline is still intact, something Star Wars sadly cannot claim.
    Come on. LotR did not create the fantasy genre, that had long existed. And Star Wars was epic, it pushed the technologies for the time and even today I think it looks pretty damned good (but you can't go with the special addition George Lucas is crazy addition, the original theatrical release of eps 4-6 is the only Star Wars trilogy which exists). No one had seen anything like that in the theaters before, they had to invent the special effects for the movies, it didn't exist back then. Star Wars pushed the envelope on everything and delivered an epic movie and an undying story.

    Now if they'd just make the prequels, that would be cool.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #66
    Professor
    NGNM85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 11:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?

    Star Wars (OT) is drastically superior to LOTR, by every metric.
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25, Authoritarian/Libertarian:-7.13
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. -Noam Chomsky

  7. #67
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?

    LOTRS is winning the poll...

  8. #68
    Sage
    soccerboy22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    A warm place
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    10,723

    Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    LOTR created an entirely new genre though; the epic. The movies were decades ahead of contemporary works, and their storyline is still intact, something Star Wars sadly cannot claim.
    Actually the movies weren't all that epic. Some of the battles were cool, but Star Wars redefined Sci-fi. LOTR just added to it.
    Boston: City of Champions. New England Patriots: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, and 2016 Boston Red Sox: 2004, 2007 and 2013 Boston Celtics: 2008 Boston Bruins: 2011 Boston University Men's Hockey: 2008



  9. #69
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:01 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,446

    Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?

    I tend to think that most men love Star Wars. I know a lot of men who are really into it, but I have never met a woman as obsessed.

  10. #70
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: Lord of the Rings Trilogy or Star Wars Original Trilogy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Come on. LotR did not create the fantasy genre, that had long existed. And Star Wars was epic, it pushed the technologies for the time and even today I think it looks pretty damned good (but you can't go with the special addition George Lucas is crazy addition, the original theatrical release of eps 4-6 is the only Star Wars trilogy which exists). No one had seen anything like that in the theaters before, they had to invent the special effects for the movies, it didn't exist back then. Star Wars pushed the envelope on everything and delivered an epic movie and an undying story.

    Now if they'd just make the prequels, that would be cool.
    You can deny the prequels, but can you deny ... THE HORROR?

    Last edited by Morality Games; 07-12-11 at 03:07 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •