View Poll Results: Do you think Obama will be reelected

Voters
88. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, in a landslide

    43 48.86%
  • No, he's going to lose in a landslide.

    45 51.14%
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 265

Thread: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    I disagree with both of you, because I think Obama's Presidency doesn't matter, for the time being. The race will most likely be determined during the GOP Primary. If someone like Bachmann wins, Obama is a shoe-in for re-election. If someone like Hunstman wins, it's going to be a drawn-out battle between the candidates.

    You can look at who you expect Obama to face in 2012 to try to predict what might happen. The real question, then, is who is going to win the GOP Primary.
    I've heard repeatedly that Huntsman doesn't stand a chance, despite my wishes to the contrary. Why do you feel he's great enough to not only secure the nomination, but win the race?

  2. #132
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    you want to pay SS checks without increasing the debt limit?

    how we gonna do dat?
    There government is still getting money and Obama has enough money to pay SS, his 3 wars and the GI's and the government interest loans but he decided to use scare tactics to get his own way, yet he wants to pay 'only' the people who invested in government bonds. Read the news and keep up with them.
    Catch me if you can.

  3. #133
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I've heard repeatedly that Huntsman doesn't stand a chance, despite my wishes to the contrary. Why do you feel he's great enough to not only secure the nomination, but win the race?
    Because he's too liberal and is friends with Obama.

  4. #134
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Obama has signed a ton of great legislation for this country.

    He can be re-elected by running on his record, regardless of the opposition.
    All the legislation has failed. We still have a 9.2% Unemployment rate and a $14 trillion deficit. Obama is making Carter look good.

  5. #135
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    I disagree with both of you, because I think Obama's Presidency doesn't matter, for the time being. The race will most likely be determined during the GOP Primary. If someone like Bachmann wins, Obama is a shoe-in for re-election. If someone like Hunstman wins, it's going to be a drawn-out battle between the candidates.

    You can look at who you expect Obama to face in 2012 to try to predict what might happen. The real question, then, is who is going to win the GOP Primary.
    Huntsman is another McCain. The only reason the Dems want Huntsman to get the nomination is because they know he will lose. It's obvious they're scared of Bachmann because they won't leave her alone. The Democrats will always prop up the weak GOP candidates because those are the ones they want to get the nomination. If a strong candidate comes along like Bachmann, then they start hurling insults again. The GOP isn't going to fall for the same trick that they fell for in 2008. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

  6. #136
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,896
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Huntsman is another McCain. The only reason the Dems want Huntsman to get the nomination is because they know he will lose. It's obvious they're scared of Bachmann because they won't leave her alone. The Democrats will always prop up the weak GOP candidates because those are the ones they want to get the nomination. If a strong candidate comes along like Bachmann, then they start hurling insults again. The GOP isn't going to fall for the same trick that they fell for in 2008. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
    I know Bachmann plays well to her base. How does Bachmann play to the swing voters?
    I may be wrong.

  7. #137
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    I know Bachmann plays well to her base. How does Bachmann play to the swing voters?
    Right now I think the attitude is "Anybody but Obama".

  8. #138
    Advisor Binky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In the land that is now.
    Last Seen
    07-19-14 @ 05:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    595
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

    Most incumbants are reelected. So yep, prob'ly will be. Even when people are very unhappy with a president they voted in, they tend to ignore the negative and repeat the same stupid mistake all over again. Which gives that president four more years to fluck things up better than he did in the first four.

  9. #139
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,896
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Right now I think the attitude is "Anybody but Obama".
    I know that's your attitude. But not really what's relevant.
    National (US) Poll * July 13, 2011 * Bachmann Surging In 2012 GOP R - Quinnipiac University – Hamden, Connecticut

    Code:
    3. If the 2012 election for President were being held today, and the candidates were - Barack Obama the Democrat and Michele Bachmann the Republican for whom would you vote? 
    
                         Tot    Rep    Dem    Ind    Men    Wom    Wht    Blk
    
    
    
    Obama                50%    10%    88%    43%    48%    52%    43%    91%
    Bachmann             38     80      6     40     40     35     45      3
    SMONE ELSE(VOL)       3      1      1      4      3      2      2      2
    WLDN'T VOTE(VOL)      3      2      1      5      3      2      3      1
    DK/NA                 7      6      5      8      6      8      8      3
    same question

    Code:
                AGE IN YRS.......    INCOME.............  POL PHIL.........
                         18-34  35-54  55+    <50    50-100 >100K  Lib    Mod    Con
    
    
    
    Obama                60%    47%    49%    52%    51%    51%    85%    60%    18%
    Bachmann             29     41     41     34     41     40      9     27     69
    SMONE ELSE(VOL)       3      3      1      3      2      2      1      3      3
    WLDN'T VOTE(VOL)      2      3      2      2      3      2      1      3      3
    DK/NA                 6      7      7      8      3      5      3      8      7
    same question

    Code:
                EDUCATION.... WHITE.............
                         Union  NoColl Coll   BrnAgn
                         HsHlds Degree Degree Evngl  Prot   Cath
    
    
    
    Obama                58%    48%    55%    26%    33%    44%
    Bachmann             33     39     34     60     53     43
    SMONE ELSE(VOL)       2      3      2      2      3      2
    WLDN'T VOTE(VOL)      1      3      2      3      3      3
    DK/NA                 5      7      7      8      8      7
    Last edited by Simon W. Moon; 07-13-11 at 07:44 PM.
    I may be wrong.

  10. #140
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Do you think Obama will be reelected in 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Binky View Post
    Most incumbants are reelected. So yep, prob'ly will be. Even when people are very unhappy with a president they voted in, they tend to ignore the negative and repeat the same stupid mistake all over again. Which gives that president four more years to fluck things up better than he did in the first four.
    Most, but not all. Since 1936, No President who has gone into an election with an Unemployment Rate of 7.2% or above has been reelected. Right now Obama is at 9.2% and rising.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •