View Poll Results: Do you have children?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Female: I have kid(s)/ I want kid(s)

    6 9.38%
  • Female: I don't want children

    2 3.13%
  • Male: I have kid(s)/ I want kid(s)

    30 46.88%
  • Male: I don't want children

    19 29.69%
  • other

    7 10.94%
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 272

Thread: Do you want children?

  1. #201
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Do you want children?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    That would be valid if I were talking about a family in India, but I'm not. You're simply dodging the argument. It is mind-numbingly obvious that someone with children uses more resources than someone without, in the same country.

    Several of your assumptions are wrong. I do use public transit, but that's because I don't drive, which are far more wasteful than public transit. And in my city, we have hybrid buses.
    I am not dodging since I didn't realize that aspect of it.

    I would say that you are correct in many cases, but in many you are not. It is not an absolute thing, it is probably not even a general thing. In Orange County where I was raised, there are thousands upon thousands of individuals (single people) that use up so many resources that it isn't funny, and compared to some economically deprived Latino family in Santa Ana, the individual does use far more resources. They also travel more (jets, cars, ships) buy more etc etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #202
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Do you want children?

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post


    that is what is going to happen here unless we get smart and get smart very soon.
    And what do you mean by that...

    Get smart = American women breeding more and out breeding immigrants


  3. #203
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,176

    Re: Do you want children?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I am not dodging since I didn't realize that aspect of it.

    I would say that you are correct in many cases, but in many you are not. It is not an absolute thing, it is probably not even a general thing. In Orange County where I was raised, there are thousands upon thousands of individuals (single people) that use up so many resources that it isn't funny, and compared to some economically deprived Latino family in Santa Ana, the individual does use far more resources. They also travel more (jets, cars, ships) buy more etc etc.
    Generally? Yeah, it's true. Any given individual with or without kids? Definitely true.

    Most of those really rich people probably had kids, too. It's not as though excess is limited to any given parity.

  4. #204
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,176

    Re: Do you want children?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    I'm glad you've given up the argument that the childless surpass us breeders in intelligence.
    It isn't my fault you freaked out over studies saying women with higher educations tend to have fewer children. It's not anyone else's job to stroke your ego about what you've decided to do with your life.

  5. #205
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Do you want children?

    Look since you all continue to have a **** match after I tried to back down from my own pissing contest let me just say this--Ive done lots of great **** in my life and I won't dodge it, things you will never have the chance to even hope to do. I've been featured in over 30 magazines, been on trips at the expense of fortune 500 companies that you only can hope to win in sweepstakes back in the day at least 6 times a year. I sold that business before the bubble around the business crashed, so the first few years of my adult life was an incredible tale that would probably fill most of yours entire lives. And let me tell you--being there to see your child be born, being there for her, and raising her is much greater than any of that ever will be, so **** you if you think you can ever do anything better than being a good parent and make a difference in your childs life. PS I might be a bit drunk but this HNIC does not lie.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  6. #206
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,176

    Re: Do you want children?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Look since you all continue to have a **** match after I tried to back down from my own pissing contest let me just say this--Ive done lots of great **** in my life and I won't dodge it, things you will never have the chance to even hope to do. I've been featured in over 30 magazines, been on trips at the expense of fortune 500 companies that you only can hope to win in sweepstakes back in the day at least 6 times a year. I sold that business before the bubble around the business crashed, so the first few years of my adult life was an incredible tale that would probably fill most of yours entire lives. And let me tell you--being there to see your child be born, being there for her, and raising her is much greater than any of that ever will be, so **** you if you think you can ever do anything better than being a good parent and make a difference in your childs life. PS I might be a bit drunk but this HNIC does not lie.
    I'm not so insecure that I have to rattle off what I've done in my life to "prove something to the internet." That is, assuming any of it's true. Even if it is, I don't get the point and I'm not very impressed. We have some people who didn't do much to earn the media attention they got. What does that prove? All it really proves to me is that you photograph well and someone thought you would earn them a few bucks. Beyond that, says nothing. Seems like you're just clutching to past glories. And furthermore, it has nothing to do with whether you're correct or not. If that's all you've got to support your statements, then you haven't got much.

    And you're not making much of a case for how "special" it supposedly makes you.

    "All you childfree people are MEANINGLESS compared to the SUPERIORITY of doing something anyone on earth with functional gonads can do... and by the way I'm drunk..."

    Right.

    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 07-11-11 at 03:11 AM.

  7. #207
    Sage
    SheWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    24,512

    Re: Do you want children?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    Look since you all continue to have a **** match after I tried to back down from my own pissing contest let me just say this--Ive done lots of great **** in my life and I won't dodge it, things you will never have the chance to even hope to do. I've been featured in over 30 magazines, been on trips at the expense of fortune 500 companies that you only can hope to win in sweepstakes back in the day at least 6 times a year. I sold that business before the bubble around the business crashed, so the first few years of my adult life was an incredible tale that would probably fill most of yours entire lives. And let me tell you--being there to see your child be born, being there for her, and raising her is much greater than any of that ever will be, so **** you if you think you can ever do anything better than being a good parent and make a difference in your childs life. PS I might be a bit drunk but this HNIC does not lie.
    I can only speak for myself, and I have never attacked you or anybody else for having children... with that being said, why do you seem angry that other people don't want children? For some people, having children isn't for them.. Some people aren't meant to be parents, nor are all people good parents. I am glad you love being a parent btw. That's great. I am not going to attack you for having kids, but can you respect people who don't have kids?

  8. #208
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Do you want children?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    I can only speak for myself, and I have never attacked you or anybody else for having children... with that being said, why do you seem angry that other people don't want children? For some people, having children isn't for them.. Some people aren't meant to be parents, nor are all people good parents. I am glad you love being a parent btw. That's great. I am not going to attack you for having kids, but can you respect people who don't have kids?
    I'm not attacking you at all. I will leave it at that.
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  9. #209
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Do you want children?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    so you think working, childless women are less valuable to society?
    all other things being equal, those who have produced and raised children have given more value to society than those who have not.

  10. #210
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: Do you want children?

    Quote Originally Posted by SheWolf View Post
    A lot of countries are experiencing the same problems, but it's not my duty, as a woman, to go out and get pregnant.
    no one ever said that it was.

    Their are many reasons why people don't have kids
    yes, and most of them tend to be of the self-fulfillment vein. we don't see birthrates increase as people become more affluent, we see them decrease.

    some just aren't fit to parent, some don't like kids, some can't have them, but the birth rate is dropping because costs are increasing in this country and middle class people can't afford to have 3 to 4 kids now.
    yet the poor can? your argument that people are choosing to have or not to have children based on their economic situation is precisely the opposite of the relevant statistics - the poor have higher birthrates than the wealthy, both here in the US and internationally. while we can (and should) try to find ways to reduce the cost of child-rearing in this nation, that doesn't translate to "more money" = "more kids"

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •