View Poll Results: What would you do?

Voters
98. You may not vote on this poll
  • Draw or grab a firearm that is immediately next to you

    28 28.57%
  • Grab a clubbing weapon that is immediately next to you (ex. Golf club, baseball bat, etc)

    7 7.14%
  • Grab a stabbing weapon that is immediately next to you (ex. Kitchen knife, pocket knife, etc)

    6 6.12%
  • Run to another room to grab a locked up or hidden firearm and confront the home invaders

    11 11.22%
  • Run to another room to grab a stabbing or clubbing weapon and confront the home invaders

    3 3.06%
  • Run to another room and attempt to hide while dialing 911

    2 2.04%
  • Run out the backdoor of the house and attempt to escape

    6 6.12%
  • Freeze like a deer in the headlights

    6 6.12%
  • Rush the bad guys barehanded

    6 6.12%
  • Other (explain)

    23 23.47%
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 363

Thread: Self defense: How prepared are you?

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Self defense: How prepared are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    sorry dude, HASBRO super soakers and sex toys don't cut it
    stupid & childish comment.

  2. #322
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Self defense: How prepared are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    stupid & childish comment.
    edify us as to what shotguns and rifles you have

    I will give you 30 seconds to answer so you cannot google stuff



  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Self defense: How prepared are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    edify us as to what shotguns and rifles you have...
    when did I say I own any firearms?

    I dont have the money right now to get a permit. let alone to buy a rifle.

  4. #324
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: Self defense: How prepared are you?

    True story. We once lived near Jacksonville, Florida. My mother-in-law (a good one) had visited and was flying home. We took her to the airport. It was raining buckets. Dropped her off and had just drive a few miles on the interstate back into Jax. New car. It died, just died. I was able to manhandle it over onto the shoulder. That stretch of interstate was fairly desolate for a few miles in both directions.

    I'm scrunched down on the floor looking at fuses. Van pulls up behind. All they saw was my wife sitting there. She said, "A guy is coming."

    I sat up and the guy stopped for a second and then yelled to the van. More guys came. Unsavory people. They wanted to "help" us. I told them no thanks. Some of the guys walked around to the passenger side of the van. It's like 11 AM on Sunday and raining like mad. One guy said, "No, we are going to help". I said, "I got it."

    Someone else said, "We gonna help you anyway" and tried to open my door. It was locked. I opened the boot and took out a S&W 5906. Everyone ran and got back in their van and drove away.

    A baseball bat or a 3 iron just wouldn't have had the same effect on the nefarious bastards.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  5. #325
    Sage
    Higgins86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,251

    Re: Self defense: How prepared are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    YOu make stupid comments, I point out they are stupid so you start this crap. I already mentioned I served my country as a law enforcement officer or I guess you couldn't figure that out. You sound like one of those trade school enlistees
    No I make comments that you deem to be stupid and you make comments that I deem to be full of ****...
    Last edited by Higgins86; 10-19-11 at 12:20 AM.

  6. #326
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,859

    Re: Self defense: How prepared are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Threads like this must be what 7th graders bragging about their WoW high score sound like. Everyone posturing and boasting like their accomplished knowledge has any real world application.
    I used to run track and I remember at this one Invitational I was literally the only white guy running the 400m dash. There were 9 heats with 8 guys in each heat. 72 total obviously. All the rest were black (nothing good or bad, just how it was) and we were in Long Beach if any of you know how inner city that can be. Well, they were posturing and calling off their PR's (personal records) and they were all better than mine, well, the 20 or so in my area that i could hear at least. I was so nervous. I was honest and told them mine was 54.2secs (that was in the 8th grade). Anyway... I smoked them in my heat and ran a 53.6 and ended up getting third overall. ALL the guys were lying. Was a good lesson of life that day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #327
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Self defense: How prepared are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    when did I say I own any firearms?

    I dont have the money right now to get a permit. let alone to buy a rifle.
    So this was an attempt to mislead?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    good thing my apartment is full of weapons and I think rifles & shotguns are cool.
    or you are talking about knives, nunchaku, sais, Katanas, bayonets, brass knuckles, Bos, Kamas, broadswords, slingshots, sabers, rapiers, etc?



  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Self defense: How prepared are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    ...or you are talking about knives, nunchaku, sais, Katanas, bayonets, brass knuckles, Bos, Kamas, broadswords, slingshots, sabers, rapiers, etc?
    samurai swords, automatic knives, and I think I have a expandable baton somewhere.


  9. #329
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: Self defense: How prepared are you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Risky Thicket View Post
    True story. We once lived near Jacksonville, Florida. My mother-in-law (a good one) had visited and was flying home. We took her to the airport. It was raining buckets. Dropped her off and had just drive a few miles on the interstate back into Jax. New car. It died, just died. I was able to manhandle it over onto the shoulder. That stretch of interstate was fairly desolate for a few miles in both directions.

    I'm scrunched down on the floor looking at fuses. Van pulls up behind. All they saw was my wife sitting there. She said, "A guy is coming."

    I sat up and the guy stopped for a second and then yelled to the van. More guys came. Unsavory people. They wanted to "help" us. I told them no thanks. Some of the guys walked around to the passenger side of the van. It's like 11 AM on Sunday and raining like mad. One guy said, "No, we are going to help". I said, "I got it."

    Someone else said, "We gonna help you anyway" and tried to open my door. It was locked. I opened the boot and took out a S&W 5906. Everyone ran and got back in their van and drove away.

    A baseball bat or a 3 iron just wouldn't have had the same effect on the nefarious bastards.
    true, long before Ohio had a CCW my POS ford broke down on Interstate 71 late one night in a decent area but this was the highway. I had to change the tire and in my trunk I carried a "Becker Machax" machete sort of thing that I had been given by Ethan Becker who used to be a co-owner of what is now the Tactical Defense Institute where I often trained

    some "good old boys" drove up and asked if I "needed some help" but the driver said-eyeing that big knife on the trunk-hey the dude looks like he's got things under control and drove off

    hard to say it was the knife-they didn't see the M4 in 5.56 NATO in the trunk and I am glad it never came to that

    now I have a 40 in the trunk and a 9mm in the glovebox but this was years ago when I was still in school



  10. #330
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:26 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    63,859

    Re: Self defense: How prepared are you?

    I have a really strong piece of driftwood that has a bunch of slikey pieces jutting out of the bulby end. IT would seriously **** up anybody that i hit with it. If that doesn't work I throw my kid at the attacker and run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •