View Poll Results: Should male circumcision be banned?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 19.70%
  • No

    53 80.30%
  • Yes, but allow a clause for religious beliefs.

    0 0%
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 233

Thread: Should male circumcision be banned?

  1. #61
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    The ones who are against it usually try to make the point that it's painful. It may be, but the ones it was done to don't remember it. I don't.
    Was it Dr. Kutchacockoff who did the deed?


  2. #62
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    It is performed on a NON-CONSENTING individual, and it cannot be undone. Even if none of the above were true I would still be against it for this reason.
    This one, right here. Why on earth should parents be allowed to mutilate their children? If I felt that my child would be better without eyes, would you support me removing them from my child? Of course not. It's absurd. An infant having part of his body cut off? It's wrong in every possible way. We don't even let kids get tattoos legally, let alone CUT STUFF OFF. No person has the right to mutilate another person, not even parents and their kids.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  3. #63
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Personal experience. My father wasn't cut.


    And why should we believe anything you say, let alone the half-baked theories your family has developed based on anecdotal evidence?
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  4. #64
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post


    And why should we believe anything you say, let alone the half-baked theories your family has developed based on anecdotal evidence?
    Because after my parents divorced, she never came down with the infections again.

  5. #65
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Was it Dr. Kutchacockoff who did the deed?
    That's really not funny considering the doctor who delivered me died in a plane crash not long after I was born.

  6. #66
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Ban it. And no, it's not all about the pain. It's also about...
    1. The trauma that it may cause.
    2. Relatively high risk of complications when done in infants, some of which may require corrective surgery.
    3. High risk of changes or even dysfunction in sexual function (in fact, this is why we started doing it in the West - to try to stop boys from masturbating by make them less sensitive - it was NOT for hygiene reasons).
    4. No significant advantages (the hygiene thing is total bogus, most boys' foreskins work just fine or can be made to with minor stretching, the STD claims are wildly exaggerated).
    5. Removes as much as 80% of the nerve endings in the penis and finally...
    6. It is performed on a NON-CONSENTING individual, and it cannot be undone. Even if none of the above were true I would still be against it for this reason.

    Temporal is right; it's genital mutilation as much as FGM is. Why we still tolerate performing it on infants in this country is so beyond me.
    I never experienced any of the things you listed.

  7. #67
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Because after my parents divorced, she never came down with the infections again.
    So it must have been because he was uncut? There could not have been ANY other reason?
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  8. #68
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,175

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    I never experienced any of the things you listed.
    Well if you were circ'ed, yes, you did. You definitely experected 4-6. You may have experienced #1 and #3 (we will never know, since you will never know how you may have been if you hadn't been circ'ed and thus you can't tell us what the difference was, but we know through control studies that they occur).

    But even if that were true, that doesn't make it ok to subject infants to that risk.

  9. #69
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    I never experienced any of the things you listed.
    Technically, you couldn't experience otherwise. You have nothing to compare against. You only know what you feel is normal, just like the rest of us. Your own experience cannot teach the truth in this matter. Especially with an argument like "reduced sensation." You have absolutely no idea what another person feels. No one does. That's why this personal anecdote stuff isn't useful evidence.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  10. #70
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Well if you were circ'ed, yes, you did. You definitely experected 4-6. You may have experienced #1 and #3 (we will never know, since you will never know how you may have been if you hadn't been circ'ed and thus you can't tell us what the difference was, but we know through control studies that they occur).

    But even if that were true, that doesn't make it ok to subject infants to that risk.
    Nope. I have feeling there and I'm a lot cleaner there than I would have been had I not been circumcised, plus I don't have a foreskin that has to be constantly pulled back when I do my business.

Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •