Yes, but allow a clause for religious beliefs.
Ban it. And no, it's not all about the pain. It's also about...
1. The trauma that it may cause.
2. Relatively high risk of complications when done in infants, some of which may require corrective surgery.
3. High risk of changes or even dysfunction in sexual function (in fact, this is why we started doing it in the West - to try to stop boys from masturbating by make them less sensitive - it was NOT for hygiene reasons).
4. No significant advantages (the hygiene thing is total bogus, most boys' foreskins work just fine or can be made to with minor stretching, the STD claims are wildly exaggerated).
5. Removes as much as 80% of the nerve endings in the penis and finally...
6. It is performed on a NON-CONSENTING individual, and it cannot be undone. Even if none of the above were true I would still be against it for this reason.
Temporal is right; it's genital mutilation as much as FGM is. Why we still tolerate performing it on infants in this country is so beyond me.
Homosexuality falls into the domain of psychology/sociology. Soft sciences.
A study on ice cores and a study on ocean levels are NOT the same study.
Last edited by scourge99; 06-30-11 at 05:46 PM.