View Poll Results: Should male circumcision be banned?

Voters
66. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    13 19.70%
  • No

    53 80.30%
  • Yes, but allow a clause for religious beliefs.

    0 0%
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 233

Thread: Should male circumcision be banned?

  1. #171
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    It's not a baby at that point. There in lies the problem with your argument.
    That's not according to a court in Indiana.
    The good news is the order also upheld a key provision that requires women to be informed that “human physical life begins when a human ovum is fertilized by a human sperm.
    Human Life Begins at Conception, Federal Court Rules
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  2. #172
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Both male and female circumcision should be illegal. If parents had a child's finger amputated for no good reason, they would be guilty child abuse. Circumcision is painful and unnecessary and has no benefits other than to fit in with peers. It's also child abuse. I don't care if some religions call for it. Religion doesn't give someone the right to abuse a child.

  3. #173
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Do you think I haven't overheard my wife and her friends talking from time to time?
    Do you think your wife and friends represent the opinion of all or most women of the world or even the US or your state or city or even neighborhood?
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  4. #174
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Do you think your wife and friends represent the opinion of all or most women of the world or even the US or your state or city or even neighborhood?

    Considering my wife has friends from all over the country I would say "Yes."

  5. #175
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    Again, freedom of religion.
    Freedom of religion has limits: see wikipedia article on "Religious Freedom Restoration Act".
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  6. #176
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Considering my wife has friends from all over the country I would say "Yes."
    Previously you claimed that something was true because your mom told you and that what she said is true because she is a nurse.

    Thank you for once again demonstrating your critical thinking skills.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  7. #177
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Previously you claimed that something was true because your mom told you and that what she said is true because she is a nurse.

    Thank you for once again demonstrating your critical thinking skills.
    My wife is originally from the Chicago area. Her father was Puerto Rican. Therefore she has friends and family from all over the country, and they come to visit from time to time. I would say that her friends opinions do count and that they are the opinions of the majority of women in the country since she is friends with a large majority of the women in the country.

  8. #178
    Professor

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    MI and AZ
    Last Seen
    03-15-15 @ 01:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,581

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Originally Posted by SPC
    It's funny how some people have a problem with circumcising a baby, but don't have a problem with killing it in the womb.
    Quote Originally Posted by DashingAmerican View Post
    I was hoping I wasn't the one that was going to have to say it.
    Wow, I'm never known of anyone that doesn't have a problem with "killing in the womb".
    A psychopath or someone with a serious clinical personality disorder might not have a problem. Are all the people that don’t have a problem with "killing in the womb" psychopaths? Maybe this needs a new thread by someone with some expertize or experience.

  9. #179
    Professor
    Luna Tick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Last Seen
    04-05-13 @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,148

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by OhIsee.Then View Post
    Originally Posted by SPC
    It's funny how some people have a problem with circumcising a baby, but don't have a problem with killing it in the womb. ....
    You're off topic. Every issue is not related to abortion. This is one that is unrelated. Some people oppose both circumcision and abortion. Others oppose one or the other. Either way, the issues are completely unrelated.

  10. #180
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:50 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Should male circumcision be banned?

    Quote Originally Posted by spud_meister View Post
    But then there'd be no-one smart enough to run the world.
    Yeah, y'all have done such a great job.

    .

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •