View Poll Results: Which one?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sarah Palin

    21 51.22%
  • Michelle Bachmann

    20 48.78%
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 118

Thread: If you had to choose one

  1. #51
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: If you had to choose one

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Where's Lee Harvey Oswald when you need him?
    I know this is just a joke, but can I just point out that conservatives would be thoroughly bashed as being evil racists if any of us suggested, by why way of criticism for Obama, "Where's Lee Harvey when you need him?"

    I'm thinking of becoming a liberal just so I can get away with joking like this. LOL
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
    Mahatma Gandhi


  2. #52
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: If you had to choose one

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    On the other hand ... yeah. We'll see. Not sure I'd start a thread, now that I've read the entire article.
    yeah. sometimes the telegraph is right, sometimes not. it just seems to me she wouldn't have taken this "grand american tour" for no reason.
    honestly, i don't really care enough about it to start a thread.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  3. #53
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: If you had to choose one

    and i thought sophie's choice was heartwrenching

    palin

    more attractive




    and she also seems to have a common touch. an identification with the common (wo)man
    which fact does not say much for our society
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #54
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: If you had to choose one

    I definitely consider Palin the lesser of two evils here. It seems like she would be a lot less likely to get Congress to go along with any bill she suggested that could be detrimental. I don't see either of them going against bills that were fully or almost fully supported by the GOP to ensure "conservative" values are upheld. I don't know if Bachman is smarter than Palin, but she definitely seems more manipulative and able to get her way.

    I don't really believe either of them would actually win against Obama. I wouldn't honestly vote for either of them in a Presidential election. I know I would be a lot more likely to vote for Obama if I thought that it would keep Bachman out of office. She is way to Christian conservative for me. I want Obama out of office, but so far, the GOP hasn't produced a candidate that I would consider better than Obama. A few are at the level of I wouldn't care if they took Obama's place, but some of the things they want make me cringe, so I wouldn't vote for them. Bachman, Palin, and Cain all are in the category of I would rather have Obama in office than them.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #55
    Professor
    Marilyn Monroe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Last Seen
    03-06-14 @ 03:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,137

    Re: If you had to choose one

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    If you had to vote and you could only vote for one of these two, which would you choose and why?
    Bachman. I just don't have the negative feelings towards her, yet. Palin has been around too much. It's almost overkill, and many times when she speaks she doesn't say anything.
    "It's not that I'm afraid to die, I just don't want to be there when it happens." Woody Allen.

  6. #56
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: If you had to choose one

    Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Monroe View Post
    Bachman. I just don't have the negative feelings towards her, yet. Palin has been around too much. It's almost overkill, and many times when she speaks she doesn't say anything.

    It's overkill because the media won't leave her alone. That, in itself, shows that they're afraid that she's going to run.

  7. #57
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: If you had to choose one

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I know this is just a joke, but can I just point out that conservatives would be thoroughly bashed as being evil racists if any of us suggested, by why way of criticism for Obama, "Where's Lee Harvey when you need him?"

    I'm thinking of becoming a liberal just so I can get away with joking like this. LOL
    I thought insinuating a USA President should be assassinated was against the rules. Maybe it depends on who does it.

    .

  8. #58
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: If you had to choose one

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I definitely consider Palin the lesser of two evils here. It seems like she would be a lot less likely to get Congress to go along with any bill she suggested that could be detrimental. I don't see either of them going against bills that were fully or almost fully supported by the GOP to ensure "conservative" values are upheld. I don't know if Bachman is smarter than Palin, but she definitely seems more manipulative and able to get her way.

    I don't really believe either of them would actually win against Obama. I wouldn't honestly vote for either of them in a Presidential election. I know I would be a lot more likely to vote for Obama if I thought that it would keep Bachman out of office. She is way to Christian conservative for me. I want Obama out of office, but so far, the GOP hasn't produced a candidate that I would consider better than Obama. A few are at the level of I wouldn't care if they took Obama's place, but some of the things they want make me cringe, so I wouldn't vote for them. Bachman, Palin, and Cain all are in the category of I would rather have Obama in office than them.
    i disagree. obama has about as much chance of winning in 2012 as mccain did in 2008. i don't care who they run.
    unless, of course, things drastically change for the better before then. even the dem party has somewhat turned
    against obama. he's lost the youth vote....and even most of the hood negro vote will stay at home this time
    around. he's lost his mojo. no one is buying his "hope and change" song and dance any longer.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  9. #59
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: If you had to choose one

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    i disagree. obama has about as much chance of winning in 2012 as mccain did in 2008. i don't care who they run.
    unless, of course, things drastically change for the better before then. even the dem party has somewhat turned
    against obama. he's lost the youth vote....and even most of the hood negro vote will stay at home this time
    around. he's lost his mojo. no one is buying his "hope and change" song and dance any longer.
    I highly doubt that he has lost any of those voters enough to get them to vote for someone like Bachman, who is so fundamentally Christian, it is scary. I didn't vote for Obama last election. I voted for McCain. But I would rather vote for Obama than have Bachman in office. So you saying that she has a chance of winning over Bachman makes me more likely to vote for Obama just to try to keep her out of office.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,706

    Re: If you had to choose one

    This is soooooo damn predictable. I go to the last page and the last post (#58) is ripping into Obama. sad sad sad.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •