View Poll Results: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm glad I voted for him.

    22 27.16%
  • I'm glad I didn't vote for him.

    42 51.85%
  • I wish I had voted for him.

    2 2.47%
  • I wish I hadn't voted for him.

    15 18.52%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 124

Thread: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 07:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,441

    Re: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    I know it's a fashionable thing to say,
    Fashionable with who? Not many people think so, but history proves otherwise. The only exceptions are minor non-issues, like Gay Marriage and local issues concerning local problems. On a national level, almost nothing gets done on issues of importance, especially if it adversely affects major campaign donors. All you get is the standard 'Good Cop- Bad Cop' run around at the state and Federal levels. Which 'side' is the 'Good Cop' or the 'Bad Cop' is almost entirely one of spin and personal perception.

    but do you know what you really just said?
    Yes, I do, and whether anybody likes it or not doesn't change a thing, and neither does re-writing what I said to fit into some straw man argument that fits into your own delusions about politics isn't a rebuttal, either.

    Taking the time to look at how your beliefs fit together takes far more work than to develop them in a vacuum, as though they have no effect on each other. No one ever said your ideology had to fit cleanly into any pre-existing ideology - that is simply your fashionable misunderstanding.
    Doesn't address anything I said, either, but I know some people just hate the idea that they're manipulated and indoctrinated, and it makes them very uncomfortable to see anything that doesn't fit into comfortable, pat little rhetorical cocoons and keep the Hive focused on whatever fictions the Leaders designate as 'acceptable'.

    All ideologies do is polarize and divide, which of course is what they're designed to do.

  2. #112
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,174

    Re: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

    The first part of what you said displays quite clearly that you don't know what an ideology is.

    It is a comprehensive way of looking at ones expectations or goals, and trying to make their individual views be consistent within that framework. My re-writing is a perfect reflection of what you said, if you'd bothered to look up what "ideology" means.

    Not having an ideology means you have put no thought into whether you contradict yourself, or what the outcome of your beliefs may be. And that is a true sign of laziness.

    No one ever said that typical political parties fit an ideology. They usually don't, in fact - once against displaying that you have no idea what an ideology is. And these self-contradicting parties allowed to persist by a populace who rebukes the idea of having an ideology, thus they see nothing wrong with having conflicting beliefs.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 07:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,441

    Re: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

    Whatever rings your bell. You obviously like cramming all issues into some pat little framework, others don't, and since you have no idea what you're talking about, shopping around and finding some ideology that tells you what you want to hear and beleive is probably the best you can do.

    Like I said, it's not like voting matters; some people just like to pretend their opinions and beliefs are important to powers that be, despite all evidence to the contrary, and certainly on message boards there are lots who are desperate enough to hope their 25,000 odd posts of rhetorical partisan wrangling is actually relevant, instead of merely entertaining fluff.

  4. #114
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,174

    Re: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

    Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    Whatever rings your bell. You obviously like cramming all issues into some pat little framework, others don't, and since you have no idea what you're talking about, shopping around and finding some ideology that tells you what you want to hear and beleive is probably the best you can do.

    Like I said, it's not like voting matters; some people just like to pretend their opinions and beliefs are important to powers that be, despite all evidence to the contrary, and certainly on message boards there are lots who are desperate enough to hope their 25,000 odd posts of rhetorical partisan wrangling is actually relevant, instead of merely entertaining fluff.
    Like I already said, ones ideology does not need to fit into any pre-existing ideology. You can make up your own. All you are doing is continuing to show you don't know what an ideology is, and that you simply don't like the word. An ideology is simply the consideration of purpose and consistency.

    What you are saying is that purpose and consistency is bad. I sincerely hope that is not your honest position. If it is, then I think I've figured out what's wrong with our political discourse these days.

    I fail to see what the second paragraph has to do with.
    Last edited by SmokeAndMirrors; 06-30-11 at 12:01 AM.

  5. #115
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    11-07-12 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    94

    Re: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

    Barack Obama has been an absolute disaster in almost every way. It may take a generation for the Democratic Party to recover from his time in office. The sooner they divorce themselves from this man, the better off they will be. Of course, anyone who paid any attention to the 2008 nomination could have seen this trainwreck coming from a mile away.

    At this point, I would say he gets beat in 2012 by a similar margin he won by in 2008.

  6. #116
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 07:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,441

    Re: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Like I already said, ones ideology does not need to fit into any pre-existing ideology. You can make up your own. All you are doing is continuing to show you don't know what an ideology is, and that you simply don't like the word. An ideology is simply the consideration of purpose and consistency.

    What you are saying is that purpose and consistency is bad. I sincerely hope that is not your honest position. If it is, then I think I've figured out what's wrong with our political discourse these days.

    I fail to see what the second paragraph has to do with.
    Re-write anything you want. You're just playing 'I Touched You Last!' now, and I'm not interested any more.

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    11-29-16 @ 07:28 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,441

    Re: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

    Quote Originally Posted by ZIRP4EVA View Post
    Barack Obama has been an absolute disaster in almost every way. It may take a generation for the Democratic Party to recover from his time in office. The sooner they divorce themselves from this man, the better off they will be. Of course, anyone who paid any attention to the 2008 nomination could have seen this trainwreck coming from a mile away.

    At this point, I would say he gets beat in 2012 by a similar margin he won by in 2008.
    You're probably right. It doesn't matter which House Boy gets the office, it's about as important as which high school wins their district in football; unless you're a gambler with some sort of bet to win, it's entirely irrelevant to the average citizen, and both gangs are going to look out for Goldman Sachs and the others dues paying Club members.

  8. #118
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

    I cant answer the poll as I am not albe to vote for him

    But

    Between him and McCain of 2008 I supported Obama and still would.

    Do I consider Obama the best of the potential candidates of 2008, no. But between the two final choices for US president in 2008 I am glad and still glad Obama wob
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  9. #119
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    11-07-12 @ 01:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    94

    Re: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

    Oberon, exactly. Its not the team thats the problem -- its the league.

    Although, it would certainly be nice to see someone in office with even a minimal level of competency.

  10. #120
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: What is your opinion of Barack Obama now?

    He's done better than I thought he would do and far better than McCain/Palin would have done. It appears I made the correct choice in 2008.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •