View Poll Results: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's a learned bigoted reaction that can be unlearned.

    13 34.21%
  • It's a natural reaction.

    20 52.63%
  • Not enough is known about it to explain it.

    0 0%
  • Other (please elaborate)

    5 13.16%
Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 300

Thread: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

  1. #221
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Hey, life aint ever gona be perfect. STFU and deal.

    I appreciate your complaining about not being married because I have the opposite problem: I can't divorce. I've been trying to divorce the bitch for 3 years, and I can't. The Army is forcing me to claim her as a full spouse so she's going to get all those military benefits despite my best efforts.

    Life sux man. Time you manned up about it.
    Really! Thats your response? Life aint perfect so its ok that you arnt equal to heterosexuals. I talk about people being murdered for being lgbt and you say life isnt perfect and then talk about how you cant divorce someone because of the army. Come on you should be able to do better then that.

  2. #222
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Ok one thing that needs to be mentioned. Hate crimes dont just cover black people or gay people and what not. If someone attacks you for being white or for being straight that is also a hate crime.
    Right, no I understand. Hate crime still needs be to be taken off the books.

    If you assault me, it really doesn't matter if it's because you just want my wallet or (as is typical for SD) get some measure or revenge for what my white ancestors did to your 'native ancestors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    And many crimes do factor in motivation in the sentencing. Like if you were to run someone over with a car on accident vs running someone over with a car on purpose. Or the difference between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree murder.
    Mhmm, what I was arguing against was this notion that if hate crimes were erased, that everyone would be able to start beating up on minorities. You're not saying anything here which is against that point.

  3. #223
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    Are you proposing a fertility test for couples appyling for marriage? I'll go there wit'cha, if that'll stop this asinine argument.
    Why not? Some states already mandate a fertility test for some couples (first cousins) to ensure that if they are below the age of 55/65 (depending on the state), they cannot procreate. If they can procreate, they cannot get a legal marriage.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #224
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Really! Thats your response? Life aint perfect so its ok that you arnt equal to heterosexuals. I talk about people being murdered for being lgbt and you say life isnt perfect and then talk about how you cant divorce someone because of the army. Come on you should be able to do better then that.
    Hey man, people murder people for all kinds of crazy **** all the time. What you do not see in America is the specifically endorsed practice by the majority of the population and even the State to brutally execute gays. That's what you people take for granted. That's why you have no right to bitch about ****. You can go out in public and be openly gay, hold a job, have a live, have a 'partner', buy a house and live together, without fear that every able body in your local community is going to kill you.

    You have nothing to complain about.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Why not? Some states already mandate a fertility test for some couples (first cousins) to ensure that if they are below the age of 55/65 (depending on the state), they cannot procreate. If they can procreate, they cannot get a legal marriage.
    A couple years ago SD looked at similar regulation, but we decided we didn't need yet another crime to charge the general population of PineRidge with, so we let it go. They already have so many highschool dropouts, meth addicts and various felons, adding to the list didn't seem like it would accomplish anything.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-27-11 at 03:10 PM.

  6. #226
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Who knows...


  7. #227
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Why not? Some states already mandate a fertility test for some couples (first cousins) to ensure that if they are below the age of 55/65 (depending on the state), they cannot procreate. If they can procreate, they cannot get a legal marriage.

    They used to require a blood test to ensure that both partners had the same RH factor.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #228
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:21 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,335
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Right, no I understand. Hate crime still needs be to be taken off the books.

    If you assault me, it really doesn't matter if it's because you just want my wallet or (as is typical for SD) get some measure or revenge for what my white ancestors did to your 'native ancestors.



    Mhmm, what I was arguing against was this notion that if hate crimes were erased, that everyone would be able to start beating up on minorities. You're not saying anything here which is against that point.
    Right...what I was saying was that many crimes do factor in motivation but no one seem to care about them but for some reason people care that hate crimes factor in motivation. Also i dont think anyone is arguing that if hate crimes were erased that everyone would start beating up on minorities.

  9. #229
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    A couple years ago SD looked at similar regulation, but we decided we didn't need yet another crime to charge the general population of PineRidge with, so we let it go. They already have so many highschool dropouts, meth addicts and various felons, adding to the list didn't seem like it would accomplish anything.
    There's no crime involved here. In those states that require some proof that the couple can't procreate because the two are first cousins, they simply deny them a marriage license, just as they do same sex couples in most places (all those states that have these particular laws, also have anti-SSM laws) if the couple cannot prove that they cannot have children with each other.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Omgitsme View Post
    Right...what I was saying was that many crimes do factor in motivation but no one seem to care about them but for some reason people care that hate crimes factor in motivation.
    I know, but that little piece of trivia doesn't have anything to do with anything anyone was saying. It wasn't part of of a point or counter point, it didn't support or counter anyone's argument, or introduce a new angle. It was just a neutral stand alone statement with no real point or purpose in being said.

    So....idk if you wanted to talk about the thread topic, but this would be the 3rd redundancy on the tangent, which began in post 33 with the claim that Christians were out to murder gays. I don't know if you wanted to stick with the OPs topic, address the tangent, or what, and frankly at this point I don't care, either.
    Last edited by Jerry; 06-27-11 at 03:25 PM.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •