View Poll Results: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's a learned bigoted reaction that can be unlearned.

    13 34.21%
  • It's a natural reaction.

    20 52.63%
  • Not enough is known about it to explain it.

    0 0%
  • Other (please elaborate)

    5 13.16%
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 300

Thread: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

  1. #171
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Then you would find nothing unconstitutional about changing marriage laws to allow Athiests to marry the Religious and vise versa but not allowing religious people to marry each other or atheists marry athiests.

    You know, because it'd be "equal treatment under the law" because any athiest or religious person can marry. Equal. Same. No discrimination based on anything.

    That's be perfectly constitutional and fine with you?
    Wow. That's a toughie.

    Gimme some time to think on it.

    hmmm . . .

  2. #172
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So what do you call the adopted kid of two heterosexual parents? Is that their child?

    So what do you call the kid of two heterosexual parents where the woman is not capable of being pregnant so they had a surrgate mother? Is that their child?

    So what do you call the kid of two heterosexual parentswhere the man is infertile and thus they get a sperm donor? Is that their child?

    Or is there some magical other name for them and you inform those couples that they don't actually have a child?
    I call them children. Beyond that, human. Being so, the offspring of a very certain male, and a very certain female.

    How do you account for their presence? Rainbows and lollipops . . . perhaps?

  3. #173
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    Neither have I, and probably neither has any male.
    This is just making me think of Ron White's stand up routine indicating that all guys are a "little gay".

  4. #174
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Ah, so the purpose of family is to HAVE the kids, not to raise the kids?

    So you're not someone that pisses, moans, and bitchs about women on welfare "popping out kids" to a point they can't actually reasonably care for them because for you apparently the only reason to have a family is to HAVE the kid not to raise them.
    So you really have nothing to add to the discussion, it appears, but some tired, old, smart-ass bull****, hmmm? A few choice catch-phrases to make you appear witty, when in fact, you're as dull as an old, rusty, razor, no?

    Or do I exaggerate your gifts?

  5. #175
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    This is just making me think of Ron White's stand up routine indicating that all guys are a "little gay".
    Is it opposite day again? Time flies...
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  6. #176
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    I call them children. Beyond that, human. Being so, the offspring of a very certain male, and a very certain female.
    So you'd call them children, however you would not say they are "so and so's children".

    You have heterosexual couple Tom and Nancy. They've adopted a son, Jake. Is Jake "Tom and Nancy's child"?

    You have Hetereosexual couple Bob and Jenny. Jenny is baren, so they had a surrogate mother who birthed their daughter, jennifer. Is Jennifer "Bob and Jenny's child"?

    You have heterosexual couple Dan and Tracie. Dan is infertile, so they get a sperm donor, and have their son Nick. Is Nick "Dan and Tracie's child"?

    Not a hard question.

    How do you account for their presence? Rainbows and lollipops . . . perhaps?
    Through a reproduction. What's your point?

  7. #177
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    So you really have nothing to add to the discussion, it appears, but some tired, old, smart-ass bull****, hmmm?
    Funny, that was my reaction to you. Which then isn't surprising then rather than addressing the fact that your idiotic and swiss-cheese like points are being shown to be as blatantly transparent and full of holes as they are you instead revert to trying to act like the big internet tough guy whose too cool for school.

  8. #178
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    So you'd call them children, however you would not say they are "so and so's children".

    You have heterosexual couple Tom and Nancy. They've adopted a son, Jake. Is Jake "Tom and Nancy's child"?

    You have Hetereosexual couple Bob and Jenny. Jenny is baren, so they had a surrogate mother who birthed their daughter, jennifer. Is Jennifer "Bob and Jenny's child"?

    You have heterosexual couple Dan and Tracie. Dan is infertile, so they get a sperm donor, and have their son Nick. Is Nick "Dan and Tracie's child"?

    Not a hard question.



    Through a reproduction. What's your point?
    You are way too clever for me , dude. I give.

  9. #179
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Obviously you've never seen childbirth.
    Childbirth can be gross, it's true, at yet at the same time, beautiful. Gay sex lacks that effect.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  10. #180
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    it IS icky. But to each their own, really. I think pegging is weird, but some people don't
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •