View Poll Results: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's a learned bigoted reaction that can be unlearned.

    13 34.21%
  • It's a natural reaction.

    20 52.63%
  • Not enough is known about it to explain it.

    0 0%
  • Other (please elaborate)

    5 13.16%
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 300

Thread: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

  1. #141
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And your whole argument is demolished by the fact that LGBT people can adopt, and have children through other means. We can still have families, and there is no reason to not support those families, and strengthen one of the core American values, which is family.
    They can adopt, they can inseminate, they can pray to ****ing unicorns if they want, but they cannot reproduce, now can they?

    Can they?

  2. #142
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    They can adopt, they can inseminate, they can pray to ****ing unicorns if they want, but they cannot reproduce, now can they?

    Can they?
    This is about having, and raising a family, not reproducing. Stop trying to move the argument to a point that doesn't matter.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #143
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    No. I am assuming you're saying the inability to have a biological offspring of both gay parents is some sort of argument against gay marriage. If you're not then I doubly don't get it.

    I personally don't care. People get married for love these days, not for a license to breed in a way that is acceptable to you. You don't care if straight people do it through IVF, other artificial means, adoption, or not at all. So why does it matter if gay people do?
    I'm asking what is the point? They can't have kids, there is no possible family, but suddenly they just CAN'T be happy unless we all gather round them, hold hands, and pronounce them wife and wife!

    They used to be be so cool, so far above that ****. What happened?

  4. #144
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    I'm asking what is the point? They can't have kids, there is no possible family, but suddenly thay just CAN'T be happy unless we all gather round them, hold hands, and pronounce them wife and wife!

    They used to be be so cool, so far above that ****. What happened?
    Love, making the person you want to spend the rest of your life with a legal member of your family, having, and raising children. You know just like straight people, we are not that different from straight people.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  5. #145
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    This is about having, and raising a family, not reproducing. Stop trying to move the argument to a point that doesn't matter.
    Sweetie, I'm starting at the starting point - where the sperm meet the egg. You're the one trying to move the chains.

  6. #146
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    I'm asking what is the point? They can't have kids, there is no possible family, but suddenly they just CAN'T be happy unless we all gather round them, hold hands, and pronounce them wife and wife!

    They used to be be so cool, so far above that ****. What happened?
    There's no family? Adopted children have no family? Kids conceived by IVF have no family?

    Or does that only apply when the parents are gay?

    You're the one getting angry for no discernible reason. I'm just sitting here wondering how that particular wheel gets stuck in someone's head.

  7. #147
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Love, making the person you want to spend the rest of your life with a legal member of your family, having, and raising children. You know just like straight people, we are not that different from straight people.
    You can't have that unless I say so? Really? You need a judge to make me say it before you feel it?

  8. #148
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    Sweetie, I'm starting at the starting point - where the sperm meet the egg. You're the one trying to move the chains.
    But that doesn't matter in this debate, it never has.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  9. #149
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,170

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    You can't have that unless I say so? Really? You need a judge to make me say it before you feel it?
    The judge has the power to impede or destroy their ability to do that. They can feel it all they like but if they can't do it there's a problem.

  10. #150
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Why are many people grossed out by homosexuality?

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    You can't have that unless I say so? Really? You need a judge to make me say it before you feel it?
    What are you talking about a judge to make you say it? You don't have to accept it, I could care less, I just want to live in a country where the law treats me the same as it treats you. And there are many benefits that only apply to married couples, and families, why should we not receive those benefits?
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •