View Poll Results: Would you support a constitutional amendment defining marriage? See below

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Under these circumstances, yes

    4 14.81%
  • Under any circumstances, no

    17 62.96%
  • Under other circumstances, maybe

    6 22.22%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 77

Thread: Would you support a constitutional marriage amendment if circumstance were different?

  1. #61
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Would you support a constitutional marriage amendment if circumstance were differ

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    True, but with the liberal agenda the way it is, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they didn't try to force it on them. Of course there are ministers who refuse to perform a second wedding ceremony after ther first marriage ended in divorce as well. Oddly enough, in Kentucky (unless they have changed the law since I moved from there) interracial marriage is still illegal.

    True dat just like the guberment has forced the KKK to accept black members! Damn facist marixist guberment!

  2. #62
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Would you support a constitutional marriage amendment if circumstance were differ

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    True, but with the liberal agenda the way it is, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if they didn't try to force it on them. Of course there are ministers who refuse to perform a second wedding ceremony after ther first marriage ended in divorce as well. Oddly enough, in Kentucky (unless they have changed the law since I moved from there) interracial marriage is still illegal.
    No law against interracial marriage is enforceable.

    Straw man. There is no liberal agenda to force churches to do any such thing. Why do you think there is no push to force Catholics to allow female priests?
    Last edited by BayToBay; 06-26-11 at 03:08 PM.

  3. #63
    Student SPC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Last Seen
    10-02-11 @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    215

    Re: Would you support a constitutional marriage amendment if circumstance were differ

    Quote Originally Posted by RStringfield View Post
    No law against interracial marriage is enforceable.

    Straw man. There is no liberal agenda to force churches to do any such thing. Why do you think there is no push to force Catholics to allow female priests?

    You apparently haven't heard the latest about St. Xavier University. The NLRB is trying to Unionize them because they are not "Catholic enough."

  4. #64
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Would you support a constitutional marriage amendment if circumstance were differ

    No, I wouldn't support a Constitutional marriage amendment that forced gay marriage to be legal. States issue marriage licenses. The federal government should tell the states how they need to issue out licenses or who can qualify for one. It's a states rights issue, not a federal one. I support the rights of states to define marriage according to the morality of the populace who votes. That right should not be denied.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  5. #65
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,090
    Quote Originally Posted by friday View Post
    The Right has gotten some flack for wanting a constitutional marriage amendment defining marriage as between one man and one woman. But the GLBT community definitely has a dogmatic definition of marriage in mind as well. It is a social contract between two consenting adults. Even the mention of Polygamy just angers the pro-gay marriage crowd.

    So its time for some perspective. If your state legalized gay marriage, and the courts then overturned the ruling and said marriage is only a covenant between one man and one woman, would you support a constitutional amendment defining marriage as a social contract between two consenting adults?
    No way. Because I believe gays want one main thing. Normalcy. And in order to get it, they need SSM, and once they get that, they're going to demand that churches perform SS marriage ceremonies.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  6. #66
    Educator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 08:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,226

    Re: Would you support a constitutional marriage amendment if circumstance were differ

    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    You apparently haven't heard the latest about St. Xavier University. The NLRB is trying to Unionize them because they are not "Catholic enough."
    I had not heard about it, but it is not relevant. The exception is minisiterial.

  7. #67
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you support a constitutional marriage amendment if circumstance were differ

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    No way. Because I believe gays want one main thing. Normalcy. And in order to get it, they need SSM, and once they get that, they're going to demand that churches perform SS marriage ceremonies.
    And then, us liberals are going to make it illegal to not be gay, and then there won't be any more kids, and then the US will die, and then the terrorists will get our nuclear weapons, and then the world will end. That is our plot, oh yes. How clever of you to figure it out.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #68
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    And then, us liberals are going to make it illegal to not be gay, and then there won't be any more kids, and then the US will die, and then the terrorists will get our nuclear weapons, and then the world will end. That is our plot, oh yes. How clever of you to figure it out.
    Actually, you just came up with that, since you typed it out,
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  9. #69
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:50 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,268
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Would you support a constitutional marriage amendment if circumstance were differ

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    Actually, you just came up with that, since you typed it out,
    No no no. That has been our plan in the Gay Mafia Illuminati, Bilderberg Branch all along. Be afraid, be very afraid.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,937

    Re: Would you support a constitutional marriage amendment if circumstance were differ

    I would favor an amendment to establish marriage as being between two individuals. That is limiting the ability of the government to infringe upon the rights of individuals

    I am not in favor of an amendment to establish marriage as being between one man and one woman. That is using the constitution to limit the rights of the individuals, something not specifically done since prohibition.

    One kind of amendment falls in line with what our constitution represents, one is so vilely against its very purpose that it disgusts me to be on the same side ideologically as the people trying to push it.

    Gender Discrimination is a higher form of discrimination and a more protected form of discrimination than "Discrimination against the number of partners one wants to have" .There's also far more state interest in disallowing polygamous marriage than same sex marriage.

    People get upset when polygamy or bestiality is thrown into the mix because its an attempt to suggest that somehow the arguments, context, and issues related to same sex marriage must be exactly the same as those two issues, when in reality they're not even close, which is why its an obvious and unquestionable distraction not honest debate.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •