View Poll Results: If your partner cheats, will you stay?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, I'd end it

    23 39.66%
  • Yes, I'd stay. Period.

    3 5.17%
  • I'd stay conditionally

    15 25.86%
  • Don't know/not sure/not in a relationship/HOT POCKETS!

    17 29.31%
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 242

Thread: Is an affair a dealbreaker

  1. #181
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is an affair a dealbreaker

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Dude... you posted a link about something that NO ONE was arguing, and in fact everyone agreed with. And it was a bad link, besides. You asked three times if anyone wanted to counter your claim. We all said "no, but your link is funny." And then you said "AH-HAH, I'M RIGHT!" when no one argued it in the first place.

    evanescence - Nope. When I was younger there were sometimes mistakes of communication in my more complicated relationships, but it was never such a bad mistake as to fall into the realm of cheating. And, that has happened the other way around too. But I've been lucky to never have to deal with infidelity.
    Same here. Miscommunication or a lack or communication all together seem to be more the deal breaker than anything else. Either people are flat out dishonest or they just don't communicate their needs effectively.
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is an affair a dealbreaker

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Has anyone here ever cheated? If so, why?
    Should start a new thread.

  3. #183
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Is an affair a dealbreaker

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Dude... you posted a link about something that NO ONE was arguing, and in fact everyone agreed with. And it was a bad link, besides. You asked three times if anyone wanted to counter your claim. We all said "no, but your link is funny." And then you said "AH-HAH, I'M RIGHT!" when no one argued it in the first place.

    evanescence - Nope. When I was younger there were sometimes mistakes of communication in my more complicated relationships, but it was never such a bad mistake as to fall into the realm of cheating. And, that has happened the other way around too. But I've been lucky to never have to deal with infidelity.
    the link...AND my opinion was that this loss of morality in terms of monogamy has effected a certain degradation within society as a sum total.
    you all keep dodging this...so i continue to mock your deflection of the issue itself.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  4. #184
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Is an affair a dealbreaker

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    no, my child.......i am not merely a worshipper of the TV religion. i feel the holy grail which the people drink from
    to be more substantial than pictures of the holy grail. i trust people more than i do the TV. it's a neo-religious concept,
    i'm sure......but i'm an innovator in politics. i actually have the audacity to still believe in people over plastic and glass.
    None of that made a lick of sense. I'm starting to think your holy grail looks a whole lot like a bong.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  5. #185
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Is an affair a dealbreaker

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    None of that made a lick of sense. I'm starting to think your holy grail looks a whole lot like a bong.
    as does most of your life, i'm sure.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  6. #186
    Shankmasta Killa
    TacticalEvilDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western NY and Geneva, CH
    Last Seen
    08-30-15 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,444

    Re: Is an affair a dealbreaker

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    as does most of your life, i'm sure.
    Ooo, you've reduced this to the level of "I Know You Are But What Am I!" Congratulations!

    TED,
    Done.
    I'm already gearing up for Finger Vote 2014.

    Just for reference, means my post was a giant steaming pile of sarcasm.

  7. #187
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Is an affair a dealbreaker

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Ooo, you've reduced this to the level of "I Know You Are But What Am I!" Congratulations!

    TED,
    Done.
    lol. you were done long ago. nice to stab you with the fork, though. have a nice night.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  8. #188
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Is an affair a dealbreaker

    Somebody let me know if this gets back on track. It's an interesting question.

  9. #189
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,174

    Re: Is an affair a dealbreaker

    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyDan View Post
    Somebody let me know if this gets back on track. It's an interesting question.
    I think we're there. Evanescence has asked if anyone here has cheated.

  10. #190
    Guru
    LuckyDan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Last Seen
    05-13-13 @ 11:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    2,758

    Re: Is an affair a dealbreaker

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    I think we're there. Evanescence has asked if anyone here has cheated.
    Different topic, and anyone who answers in the affirmative is a damn fool.

Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •