View Poll Results: Will Michele Bachmann win the GOP nominiation?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lean left: Yes

    6 13.04%
  • Lean left: No

    10 21.74%
  • Lean right: Yes

    4 8.70%
  • Lean right: No

    14 30.43%
  • I hope she does

    14 30.43%
  • I hope she doesn’t

    12 26.09%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 90

Thread: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

    Okay, I just upgraded her from 'stupid and crazy' to 'BITCH!!'

    (8) BACHMANN SUGGESTED GAY SINGER SHOULD REPENT AFTER GETTING CANCER: Bachmann saw Melissa Etheridge’s cancer as a teachable moment: “Unfortunately she is now suffering from breast cancer, so keep her in your prayers,” she said in November 2004. “This may be an opportunity for her now to be open to some spiritual things, now that she is suffering with that physical disease. She is a lesbian.”

  2. #22
    Advisor Swizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    12-05-12 @ 11:33 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    351

    Re: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

    vintage Bachmann.

  3. #23
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    The media? You think the rest of America doesn't hear her speak and go "........ oh hey now! What the [expletive-deleted] was that all about!?"

    10 Of The Craziest Things Michele Bachmann Has Ever Said | ThinkProgress
    Wow
    Those are just blurbs and of course context is important but if all those are true and not taken out of basic context, anybody that wants this lady near the white house needs to seriously rethink that crazy idea.

    She is a nutcase, a walking talking point, all about shock factor (or ignorance), nothing more than hot air and obviously has diarrhea of the mouth lol
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #24
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

    Michele Bachmann is a well educated, disciplined and very experienced politician who is well known by her former Minnesota opponents to be an extremely energetic and effective campaigner.

    Chris Matthews on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher last week predicted she would win the Republican nomination and I fear he's right.

    Mitt Romney can't win in the South and Bachmann was born in Iowa. I think she'll do well in New Hampshire, too.

    Why don't we have direct presidential elections in America? In my opinion it's because the founding fathers feared populists like Michele Bachmann.

    As a Democrat I take her very seriously; she'll be a tough opponent for Obama.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  5. #25
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    while you know I respect your opinion digs even when its different than mine, Michele was a birther until just this april? And she really only backed off it because she was talked into a corner.

    Sorry that alone "IMO" shows while she may be smart in ways she has some serious wires crossed and a moron gene just dying to get out or be influenced by anything she deems important instead of logic.

    If she can convince herself to be a birther she can convince herself of anything no matter how crazy.
    i don't want her anywhere near the whitehouse when it comes to president.
    I respect your opinion as well and I believe that you bring up valid points that I agree with.

    However, I view Obama in a similar light as Bachman. Bachman was a birther because she's a talking head for extreme right wing GOP talking points. However, I believe Obama is similar only on a different spectrum. I look at Obama's extreme rhetoric regarding the stimulus bill (scare tactics and promising unemployment below 8%) and his arrogant attacks towards the GOP (like laughing about the border and saying Repubs won't be happy unless we have a moat around Mexico). I think Obama clings to talking points as well. Given the current debt and direction of the country, I think Obama's presidency and administration is more harmful than what Bachman would do. If anything I think Bachman *could* act upon some of her points I agree with like lowering debt, decreasing spending, lowering taxes, and allowing economic recovery to happen. I don't support Bachman at all, but given the choice between her and Obama I would pick her as the lesser of two evils (or naive morons).
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I respect your opinion as well and I believe that you bring up valid points that I agree with.

    However, I view Obama in a similar light as Bachman. Bachman was a birther because she's a talking head for extreme right wing GOP talking points. However, I believe Obama is similar only on a different spectrum. I look at Obama's extreme rhetoric regarding the stimulus bill (scare tactics and promising unemployment below 8%) and his arrogant attacks towards the GOP (like laughing about the border and saying Repubs won't be happy unless we have a moat around Mexico). I think Obama clings to talking points as well. Given the current debt and direction of the country, I think Obama's presidency and administration is more harmful than what Bachman would do. If anything I think Bachman *could* act upon some of her points I agree with like lowering debt, decreasing spending, lowering taxes, and allowing economic recovery to happen. I don't support Bachman at all, but given the choice between her and Obama I would pick her as the lesser of two evils (or naive morons).
    I'm literally stunned, and quite possibly in shock.

  7. #27
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I respect your opinion as well and I believe that you bring up valid points that I agree with.

    However, I view Obama in a similar light as Bachman. Bachman was a birther because she's a talking head for extreme right wing GOP talking points. However, I believe Obama is similar only on a different spectrum. I look at Obama's extreme rhetoric regarding the stimulus bill (scare tactics and promising unemployment below 8%) and his arrogant attacks towards the GOP (like laughing about the border and saying Repubs won't be happy unless we have a moat around Mexico). I think Obama clings to talking points as well. Given the current debt and direction of the country, I think Obama's presidency and administration is more harmful than what Bachman would do. If anything I think Bachman *could* act upon some of her points I agree with like lowering debt, decreasing spending, lowering taxes, and allowing economic recovery to happen. I don't support Bachman at all, but given the choice between her and Obama I would pick her as the lesser of two evils (or naive morons).
    yeah but lets look at what you brought up
    dont you think he thought unemployment would get better and with good reason from his side/advisors.
    dont you think his moat comment is sarcasm?

    again Im not deafening these things at all im just saying I dont look at them as "crazy" even if I disagree with them.

    Those things on Micheles list along with being a birther I view as CRAZY, they are lunacy.

    If my choice is ONLY between them two I vote Obama every singe time and feel said a person like michele could even make it to run for the presidency of the country I love.

    I may not agree with Obama on stuff but again I dont think he is a whack job, me and him may disagree like I disagree with you. I can still see LOGIC and REASON behind the things you say even if I dont agree.

    With SOME of Michelle comments I see pure idiocy, no logic, no rational just plain ignorance or stupidity. That will always be the BIGGER of the two evils or morons. I she honestly believes those things she said and convinced herself to be a birth nobody like that should ever dawn the oval office.

    Damn it Digs theres a RED PHONE in there I dont want her picking it up to order pizza!
    Or running a generator in there because theres no proof Carbon Dioxide is dangerous!

    See i making a joke but to me this is the difference disagree with a different logic (obama) is different than disagree with idiocy(michelle).
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  8. #28
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I respect your opinion as well and I believe that you bring up valid points that I agree with.

    However, I view Obama in a similar light as Bachman. Bachman was a birther because she's a talking head for extreme right wing GOP talking points. However, I believe Obama is similar only on a different spectrum. I look at Obama's extreme rhetoric regarding the stimulus bill (scare tactics and promising unemployment below 8%) and his arrogant attacks towards the GOP (like laughing about the border and saying Repubs won't be happy unless we have a moat around Mexico). I think Obama clings to talking points as well. Given the current debt and direction of the country, I think Obama's presidency and administration is more harmful than what Bachman would do. If anything I think Bachman *could* act upon some of her points I agree with like lowering debt, decreasing spending, lowering taxes, and allowing economic recovery to happen. I don't support Bachman at all, but given the choice between her and Obama I would pick her as the lesser of two evils (or naive morons).
    The reason the stimulus didn't work is because the way it was done was through tax cuts and state grants instead of doing the real progressive thing of rebuilding America.

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Wow
    Those are just blurbs and of course context is important but if all those are true and not taken out of basic context, anybody that wants this lady near the white house needs to seriously rethink that crazy idea.

    She is a nutcase, a walking talking point, all about shock factor (or ignorance), nothing more than hot air and obviously has diarrhea of the mouth lol
    I think she seriously believes what she says. The religious right has be co-opted by many with power who think the constitution is god inspired, gays are gay by choice, capitalism is godly, people with power are there because god deems them worthy, only god can destory the world so we should just live like we (in side biblical principals) i.e. environmental harm be damned, etc

    However, now that I think about it, this combination is beneficial to both sides. When ever the economy is in a slump, a person like her can win because, generally speaking, people will vote for the person they deem the most likely to fix the economy. This is why I worry about someone like her. I'd rather have Palin, who seems a bit more moderate on the social issues.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  9. #29
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Can't decide if she's stupid, crazy or both but no. I don't want her anywhere near the White House.
    In the poll you voted that you think she will win, and that you hope she does win. Sort of conflicts with your posts in the thread....<scratches head>



    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  10. #30
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Will Michele Bachmann Win The GOP Nominiation?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    Michele Bachmann is a well educated, disciplined and very experienced politician who is well known by her former Minnesota opponents to be an extremely energetic and effective campaigner.

    Chris Matthews on HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher last week predicted she would win the Republican nomination and I fear he's right.

    Mitt Romney can't win in the South and Bachmann was born in Iowa. I think she'll do well in New Hampshire, too.

    Why don't we have direct presidential elections in America? In my opinion it's because the founding fathers feared populists like Michele Bachmann.

    As a Democrat I take her very seriously; she'll be a tough opponent for Obama.
    This has to be a joke, a tough opponenet?
    Is she not going to talk the whole time?

    objectionable people will never put her in the white house, one debate or town hall meeting where she starts talking crazy and all the moderates, independents on objection people run far away. Now if she can some hoe magically change who she is and the things she says and make everybody forget she was a birth until about 2 months ago maybe. The birther issue alone is enough for me, I could never vote for anybody that void of logic and stupid on a subject that crazy..
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •