View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I say it often; and I mean it.

    3 4.11%
  • I say it sometimes; and I mean it

    2 2.74%
  • I say in infrequently; and I mean it

    12 16.44%
  • I say it often; but in a joking manner

    2 2.74%
  • I say it sometimes; but in a joking manner

    5 6.85%
  • I say it infrequently; but in a joking manner

    13 17.81%
  • It spontaneous/ Never know when I may say it

    0 0%
  • I never say it

    36 49.32%
Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 402

Thread: The Tabooed N-Word

  1. #331
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    you just hinted around it. insinuated he is a "nigger" without actually calling him a "nigger" , that's worse than coming out and saying it straight up. but, I guess, your way gives you plausible deniability, since you never actually posted the words.
    Its not surprising that you failed to understand what I did.

  2. #332
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Its not surprising that you failed to understand what I did.
    OK...... *breaking up fight*

    Gentlemen.. PLEASE!
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  3. #333
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    OK...... *breaking up fight*

    Gentlemen.. PLEASE!
    are you a bouncer IRL Noodle?
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  4. #334
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Opinions don't need evidence.
    When they are stated as facts they do.

  5. #335
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    it also shows they don't know the difference between an opinion and a statement of fact
    We aren't the one's that said "the group that has the most individuals that have chips on their shoulders is the blacks."

    That is a statement which would require quantititative data.

    A statement of opinion would be "I think that the group that has the most individuals that have chips on their shoulders is the blacks"

    That statement could just be dismissed as a racist stereotype. (It qualifies as racist because it implies that blacks are in some way inferior to other groups due to this perceived inability to overcome their past at a higher rate)

  6. #336
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by StillBallin75 View Post
    Just don't expect people to take you seriously when you use your own observations and extrapolate them to make conclusions about the entire population, because like I told you before, anecdote =/= data.
    I don't recall saying anything about the word "data"....

    Where are you getting this stuff?

    What are you a freakin' robot?

    "MUST HAVE... DATA.... MUST HAVE... DATA..." MAAZDHRHHRHHRHRZZZA *BOOM*
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    How does one argue against an opinion that doesn't have evidence?
    You argue YOUR point with the evidence, in an attempt to change thier opinion.

    YOU show them why their opinion is inaccurate.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #338
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Refusing to prove one's claims and crying when asked to is the only resort of those who make stupid **** up and get called on it, thus feeling like idiots for making **** up.
    So....
    I guess I need to start my own Media Company to follow me around and write "sourced articles" about the stuff I see and do so that I can then show a precious 'LINK' to back up my opinion.

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #339
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You argue YOUR point with the evidence, in an attempt to change thier opinion.

    YOU show them why their opinion is inaccurate.
    So I argue my point with evidence, but you don't argue your point with evidence. Right. That's not a debate, that's a waste of my time.

  10. #340
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    You argue YOUR point with the evidence, in an attempt to change thier opinion.

    YOU show them why their opinion is inaccurate.
    nah, that would require effort and average intelligence. much easier to squeal "prove it"
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •