View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I say it often; and I mean it.

    3 4.11%
  • I say it sometimes; and I mean it

    2 2.74%
  • I say in infrequently; and I mean it

    12 16.44%
  • I say it often; but in a joking manner

    2 2.74%
  • I say it sometimes; but in a joking manner

    5 6.85%
  • I say it infrequently; but in a joking manner

    13 17.81%
  • It spontaneous/ Never know when I may say it

    0 0%
  • I never say it

    36 49.32%
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 402

Thread: The Tabooed N-Word

  1. #21
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    People really need to get thicker skinned, PC run amok is doing more harm than good. If some one says something you don't like, well let him/her/it know about it and people usually listen. There are meany effective methods to making people use better language and shame is one of the best and if that doesn't work a bloody nose usually does the trick.

  2. #22
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Juiposa View Post
    Do you say, or can you say it, if so how frequently, and in what manner?
    Never use it.
    Think those who do are ignorant.
    That includes blacks who use it on their friends.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  3. #23
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:25 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,325
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    i don't believe the people who say they've never said it. like the thread title says....it's one of those "taboo" words.
    everyone has said it just to hear themselves say it.
    It's a good thing no one is claiming to have never said it.

    I don't use it. I don't tell other people what they can and cannot say(outside of enforcing the rules here), but for me, I just don't see a reason to use it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #24
    Basketball Nerd
    StillBallin75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Vilseck, Germany
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    21,896

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Never use it.
    Think those who do are ignorant.
    That includes blacks who use it on their friends.




    enjoy!
    Last edited by StillBallin75; 06-20-11 at 12:08 AM.
    Nobody who wins a war indulges in a bifurcated definition of victory. War is a political act; victory and defeat have meaning only in political terms. A country incapable of achieving its political objectives at an acceptable cost is losing the war, regardless of battlefield events.

    Bifurcating victory (e.g. winning militarily, losing politically) is a useful salve for defeated armies. The "stab in the back" narrative helped take the sting out of failure for German generals after WWI and their American counterparts after Vietnam.

    All the same, it's nonsense. To paraphrase Vince Lombardi, show me a political loser, and I'll show you a loser.
    - Colonel Paul Yingling

  5. #25
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    It's a good thing no one is claiming to have never said it.

    I don't use it. I don't tell other people what they can and cannot say(outside of enforcing the rules here), but for me, I just don't see a reason to use it.
    well, there really isn't a rational reason to use it. for me...
    it's just one of those words that pop out emotionally when walking or
    driving around the neighborhood. i see some bastard decked out in red
    being loud and obnoxious as hell. completely disrespectful to everyone
    he's personally engaging. pants hanging around his ass,
    waving his hands around ridiculously attempting to prove whatever primitive
    point he's trying to make to his dumpy fat white chick...........................
    sorry..but the 1st thing that pops into my head isn't, "awwwww, look at the
    poor impoverished african american in his $300 outfit trying to elevate himself in his
    impoverished surroundings." no. my 1st thought is..............."stupid f**king nigger."
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  6. #26
    Educator Helvidius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Good ol' US of A
    Last Seen
    02-01-17 @ 12:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    735

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You had to ask that? Really?
    Clarity is key. How can you have a serious discussion about the word nigger without actually saying it?
    Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,858
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by deltabtry View Post
    People really need to get thicker skinned, PC run amok is doing more harm than good. If some one says something you don't like, well let him/her/it know about it and people usually listen. There are meany effective methods to making people use better language and shame is one of the best and if that doesn't work a bloody nose usually does the trick.
    For me it has nothing to do with PCness. I just don't use it. No need to.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  8. #28
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    For me it has nothing to do with PCness. I just don't use it. No need to.
    I agree but most don't use it because of PC, case in point the title of this thread.

  9. #29
    Sewer Rat
    Risky Thicket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,803

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    I can't stand it when people attack PC, a muuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch overused term, in an attempt to excuse their boorish behavior. Politically correct is a term used only by the ultra-right.










    "When Faith preaches Hate, Blessed are the Doubters." - Amin Maalouf

    When trouble arises and things look bad, there is always one individual who perceives a solution and is willing to take command. Very often, that person is crazy. ~Dave Barry



  10. #30
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 03:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    well, there really isn't a rational reason to use it. for me...
    it's just one of those words that pop out emotionally when walking or
    driving around the neighborhood. i see some bastard decked out in red
    being loud and obnoxious as hell. completely disrespectful to everyone
    he's personally engaging. pants hanging around his ass,
    waving his hands around ridiculously attempting to prove whatever primitive
    point he's trying to make to his dumpy fat white chick...........................
    sorry..but the 1st thing that pops into my head isn't, "awwwww, look at the
    poor impoverished african american in his $300 outfit trying to elevate himself in his
    impoverished surroundings." no. my 1st thought is..............."stupid f**king nigger."
    You get a like because your honest.

Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •