View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I say it often; and I mean it.

    3 4.11%
  • I say it sometimes; and I mean it

    2 2.74%
  • I say in infrequently; and I mean it

    12 16.44%
  • I say it often; but in a joking manner

    2 2.74%
  • I say it sometimes; but in a joking manner

    5 6.85%
  • I say it infrequently; but in a joking manner

    13 17.81%
  • It spontaneous/ Never know when I may say it

    0 0%
  • I never say it

    36 49.32%
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 402

Thread: The Tabooed N-Word

  1. #231
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    how is this response relevant at all to the information that i just posted?
    seeing how the information you just posted was more of the typical cry-baby, hand-wringing, bed-wetting, blame whitey rhetoric, I found it very relevent.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  2. #232
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I...I...I...God, Wake, you're so much more honorable than other people. You know so much. Teach me.
    Is it now my turn to ask you to not ignore my post and instead respond to it?
    Last edited by Wake; 06-27-11 at 12:55 PM.

  3. #233
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    seeing how the information you just posted was more of the typical cry-baby, hand-wringing, bed-wetting, blame whitey rhetoric, I found it very relevent.
    Dude, I posted a study showing that people perceived as black with the SAME exact resumes as people perceived as white get called back 50% less for jobs. That's not "cry baby", that's an example of how racism clearly has a practically larger impact on blacks than on whites even when blacks do in fact apply for a job as YOU say they should. Is this how you acted in college? When the professor gave you a study, you just dismissed it according to your feelings? hahaha

  4. #234
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Is it now my turn to ask you to not ignore my post and instead respond to them?
    I just responded to your post. I see you didn't reply to other parts of my response. Surprise. As to your slavery aspect - acknowledging the effects of slavery is not the same thing as blaming slavery. Learn the difference.

  5. #235
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Dude, I posted a study showing that people perceived as black with the SAME exact resumes as people perceived as white get called back 50% less for jobs.
    wiki wiki, the most trusted source in bull****.

    my personal experience has been quite the opposite. same resume, those with female or minority names get the job so the employer can fill some allegedly non-existant quota.

    try getting into MED school as a white guy, you have to score 20% higher on the MCAT to receive the same consideration as blacks and females


    Maybe if black moms would stop giving their kids ****ed up names, employers might be more willing to call them back.

    having a name like Dechevron, Latrendia, Quaniqualice, Unshashantrell, Zacombrion is like having a tattoo that reads "white trash" across your knuckles.

    I would be interested is a study that compares stupid black names against stupid white names to see who gets the job.

    who would you call back? Orangello or Billy Bob?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  6. #236
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    wiki wiki, the most trusted source in bull****.

    my personal experience has been quite the opposite. same resume, those with female or minority names get the job so the employer can fill some allegedly non-existant quota.

    try getting into MED school as a white guy, you have to score 20% higher on the MCAT to receive the same consideration as blacks and females


    Maybe if black moms would stop giving their kids ****ed up names, employers might be more willing to call them back.

    having a name like Dechevron, Latrendia, Quaniqualice, Unshashantrell, Zacombrion is like having a tattoo that reads "white trash" across your knuckles.

    I would be interested is a study that compares stupid black names against stupid white names to see who gets the job.

    who would you call back? Orangello or Billy Bob?
    IT'S A STUDY FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO - A RESPECTED RESEARCH UNIVERSITY AND IT SHOWS THAT BLACKS WITH THE EXACT SAME RESUME AS WHITES GET 50% LESS CALLBACKS. IT'S PRETTY CLEAR.

    the caps isn't about anger, it's about getting it in your mind that your arguments are complete bs.

  7. #237
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    I simply think all racism is equally wrong and intolerable.

    I think people need to stop dredging up the past.

    I don't like how this discussion is heating up. I'll return after a while.

  8. #238
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    IT'S A STUDY FROM THE UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO - A RESPECTED RESEARCH UNIVERSITY AND IT SHOWS THAT BLACKS WITH THE EXACT SAME RESUME AS WHITES GET 50% LESS CALLBACKS. IT'S PRETTY CLEAR.

    the caps isn't about anger, it's about getting it in your mind that your arguments are complete bs.
    again, what names did they pick? they had an agenda and they rigged the study to get the results they wanted. shocker
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  9. #239
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    again, what names did they pick? they had an agenda and they rigged the study to get the results they wanted. shocker
    Lakisha and Jamal vs Emily and Greg. I assume that they had others, but I'm not paying for the study. Not crazy sames by any stretch of the imagination.

  10. #240
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I simply think all racism is equally wrong and intolerable.
    Great.

    I think people need to stop dredging up the past.
    Then I guess we should forget about the Bible too then? What about the Enlightenment or the Revolutionary war? Or is only the bad things and their consequences we should forget.

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •