View Poll Results: See OP

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • I say it often; and I mean it.

    3 4.11%
  • I say it sometimes; and I mean it

    2 2.74%
  • I say in infrequently; and I mean it

    12 16.44%
  • I say it often; but in a joking manner

    2 2.74%
  • I say it sometimes; but in a joking manner

    5 6.85%
  • I say it infrequently; but in a joking manner

    13 17.81%
  • It spontaneous/ Never know when I may say it

    0 0%
  • I never say it

    36 49.32%
Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 402

Thread: The Tabooed N-Word

  1. #221
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    did you even bother to read the Booker T. Washington quote? in case you don't know who he was.....he was a black dude.
    No ****. Answer my question since you're so knowledgeable.

  2. #222
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    they didn't, my people got shipped off to freakin reservations where most of them died along the way. so don't piss yourself and cry to me about how bad the poor poor negroes got treated. at least they were allowed to live.

    that said, what happened to my ancestors 200 years ago has little direct bearing on my opportunities today.

    live in the past and blame all your failures on something that happened before you were born OR take personal responsibility for your own life and make something of yourself.
    wow.......you certainly don't look native american whatsoever. were you born on the res?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #223
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    wow.......you certainly don't look native american whatsoever. were you born on the res?
    not born on a res. I am half native american. one grandmother was Creek, the other was Cherokee. one grandfather was a Scot, the other was Creole (more specifically a "Creole of color", a 19th-century term, came to refer to mixed-race people of African and European ancestry)

    so "technically" I am also 1/8th black
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #224
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    No ****. Answer my question since you're so knowledgeable.
    yes, mcfly, there is racism in america and it works both ways. now you answer mine.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    I don't evaluate racism solely from a moral standpoint since racism is not solely a moral issue. Like you, I believe that all racism is morally wrong. At the same time, I recognize that some racism has more harmful and meaningful effects than others. In the United States, racism against whites clearly has less harmful affects since whites make up the majority of the population (and the majority of authority) and are more likely to encounter people who think of them as equals. It is the opposite for black Americans.
    I see. It simply seems that because racism is less effective against one race, that it is acceptable.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    There is absolutely nothing in my posts to even suggest that I believe racism is justified. Some advice: read what's there, you don't have to interpret.
    It would be beneficial for you if you made your posts a little clearer.

    You say that all racism is wrong, but some racism is more effective---worse---than others. Because some racism you think is worse than others, it makes me wonder if you do in fact see some racism as more justifiable than others.

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    Why don't directly address my responses to your comments Wake, instead of making vague statements that have nothing to do with anything that has been posted in this thread?
    I responded though I didn't think it would mean much.

    Also, that new statement is not vague. Many black people still use slavery as a crutch.

    It's been over 200 years.

    I don't let the past hold me down. I don't remember and hate. They need to forgive, forget, and further their lives. The past is holding them down. It's as though they shackle themselves.

    Let go of the past.

  6. #226
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I don't let the past hold me down. I don't remember and hate. They need to forgive, forget, and further their lives. The past is holding them down. It's as though they shackle themselves.

    Let go of the past.
    I could give a rat's ass if they forgive or forget, but for God's sake further their fraking lives.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  7. #227
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    yes, mcfly, there is racism in america and it works both ways. now you answer mine.
    yeah, i read your quote. and racism against blacks still remains more influential and significant than racism against whites, so spare me the "it works both ways" comment. racism against whites hardly "works".

    Their objective was to measure racial discrimination in the labor market. They assigned either an African American sounding name or a white sounding name to each resume in order to manipulate perception of race. The results of the experiment showed that white names received 50 percent more callbacks for interviews, an indication of significant racial discrimination in the labor market. The results of the experiment also showed that a higher quality resume for whites gets 30 percent more callbacks while on the contrary a higher quality resume for African Americans gets far fewer callbacks. Their results showed that racial discrimination was uniform and prominent across occupations and industries in the labor market.
    Black names and racism in the hiring process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    I see. It simply seems that because racism is less effective against one race, that it is acceptable.
    Where did I say it was acceptable or did you just attach that meaning out of nowhere instead of simply reading what's there.


    It would be beneficial for you if you made your posts a little clearer.
    My posts are very clear. The problem is that you read into them. Advice: Don't attach meaning that isn't there.

    You say that all racism is wrong, but some racism is more effective---worse---than others. Because some racism you think is worse than others, it makes me wonder if you do in fact see some racism as more justifiable than others.
    Do you know the difference between "wrong" and "effective"? One measures morality and one measures influence. Stop attaching meaning that isn't there Wake, it makes you a poor quality poster.

    I responded though I didn't think it would mean much.

    Also, that new statement is not vague. Many black people still use slavery as a crutch.

    It's been over 200 years.

    I don't let the past hold me down. I don't remember and hate. They need to forgive, forget, and further their lives. The past is holding them down. It's as though they shackle themselves.

    Let go of the past.
    I...I...I...God, Wake, you're so much more honorable than other people. You know so much. Teach me.

  9. #229
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    yeah, i read your quote. and racism against blacks still remains more influential and significant than racism against whites, so spare me the "it works both ways" comment. racism against whites hardly "works".


    Black names and racism in the hiring process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    poor poor negroes..... waaaaaaah, it's not my fault. if they don't like it here, maybe they can get the **** out and good frakin luck finding anywhere else on the face of the planet where they'll have better opportunity.

    those who can, do
    those who can't/won't blame whitey
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  10. #230
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: The Tabooed N-Word

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    poor poor negroes..... waaaaaaah, it's not my fault. if they don't like it here, maybe they can get the **** out and good frakin luck finding anywhere else on the face of the planet where they'll have better opportunity.

    those who can, do
    those who can't/won't blame whitey
    how is this response relevant at all to the information that i just posted?

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •