View Poll Results: Is Omar Kadafi a terrorist?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO

    6 37.50%
  • YES

    10 62.50%
  • DON'T KNOW

    0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

  1. #1
    Sidewalk Inspector
    Utility Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    US
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,552

    Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

    I wondered how many people consider Omar Kadafi a terrorist?

    AKA: Muammar Al-Gaddafi



    Yes, no or don't know.

  2. #2
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

    I would say no, although he may support terrorism or turn a blind eye but from his point of view it maybe justified. Now is he our enemy well it depends, has he done anything aggressive towards the European or her allies. Perhaps he did back in the 80's but, he has already paid for that episode.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Theoretical Physics Lab
    Last Seen
    01-06-15 @ 10:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    25,120

    Re: Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

    Not directly, but indirectly he is by funding them, supporting them, and speaking for them, such as the case of Lockerbie.

  4. #4
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

    No. although he has given various kinds of support to terrorists in the past. The intervention in Libya is certainly unrelated to terrorism.

  5. #5
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    No. although he has given various kinds of support to terrorists in the past. The intervention in Libya is certainly unrelated to terrorism.
    It's hard for me to envision a situation where the US would have launched air strikes in Libya if Qadaffi had played nice with the United States for the past 40 years. Note our actions (or lack thereof) in Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, and Bahrain, among others.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  6. #6
    Count Smackula
    rathi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    10-31-15 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,890

    Re: Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    It's hard for me to envision a situation where the US would have launched air strikes in Libya if Qadaffi had played nice with the United States for the past 40 years. Note our actions (or lack thereof) in Tunisia, Egypt, Yemen, and Bahrain, among others.
    Libya was unique for 2 reasons 1) the rebels actually had a fighting chance 2) Oil. There is no evidence that the intervention was based on revenge, especially since even Bush had been willing to move past old wounds and restore relations.
    Last edited by rathi; 06-18-11 at 08:35 PM.

  7. #7
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 07:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

    Quote Originally Posted by rathi View Post
    Libya was unique for 2 reasons 1) the rebels actually had a fighting chance 2) Oil. There is no evidence that the intervention was based on revenge, especially since even Bush had been willing to move past old wounds and restore relations.
    I wouldn't describe it as "revenge" persay...but the fact that Qadaffi was perceived as an enemy of the United States certainly played a decisive role in this decision. If a Mubarak or a Ben Ali or a Saleh had been in charge of Libya and had responded in exactly the same way that Qadaffi did, I highly doubt we would have gotten involved.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  8. #8
    Dungeon Master
    Hooter Babe

    DiAnna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern California
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    34,676
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

    As others have pointed out, he has a clear history of supporting and funding terrorist activities. In my mind, that does make him a terrorist, just as much as the guy who hands over the loaded vest and pays $50 to the terrorist who puts it on and pulls the pin. If you support it, if you fund it, if you're involved in bringing down an airplane with hundreds of people on board, you are a damned terrorist.

  9. #9
    Professor
    NGNM85's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Last Seen
    11-10-17 @ 10:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

    Again, if we want to discuss such subjects seriously, we have to acknowledge the inconvenient fact that the United States is the most prolific perpetrator, and sponsor of international terrorism.
    Economic Left/Right: -7.25, Authoritarian/Libertarian:-7.13
    All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume. -Noam Chomsky

  10. #10
    Guru
    deltabtry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    MA.
    Last Seen
    11-26-16 @ 02:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Is Omar Kadaffi a terrorist.

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    As others have pointed out, he has a clear history of supporting and funding terrorist activities. In my mind, that does make him a terrorist, just as much as the guy who hands over the loaded vest and pays $50 to the terrorist who puts it on and pulls the pin. If you support it, if you fund it, if you're involved in bringing down an airplane with hundreds of people on board, you are a damned terrorist.
    I agree and he did pay for that, perhaps not with his death but he sons death was payment due. That said, we must remember that we we must make our enemies into monsters so that killing them will be a lot easier and moral. Libya and the U.S. have what in similarity and or common interest, none that is and so I ask why are we attacking this country.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •