View Poll Results: Is abortion wrong?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    27 40.30%
  • No

    37 55.22%
  • Unsure

    3 4.48%
Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 290

Thread: Is Abortion wrong?

  1. #81
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    The right wing continues to impose its definitions of morality upon the rest of society. Thankfully most people don't care enough to debate whether abortion is right or wrong. They have acknowledged that abortion is: a private issue concerning a woman and her right to choose whether or not she wants to reproduce. My theory is that the right wing will quietly die down one day and abortion will no longer be an issue discussed by human beings who understand that not everybody is a zealous adherent to judeo-christian dogma.
    And the left wing doesn't? Are they not the ones who want to impose their opinion that an unborn child isn't a person, and those who are not persons (in their opinion) shouldn't have the right to live? Murder is also a private issue that an individual choses to make, but it doesn't make it anymore justified. A woman does chose to reproduce, and that choice (just like with a man) ends at consenting to sexual reproduction.

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    It's not a strawman, it's perspective. When so many children suffer and die, those atrocities need to be stopped. Those that aren't born yet are not the most important priority to any logical person.
    And? So that means we shouldn't care about the unborn because born children suffer? the atrocity against the unborn can easily be corrected by making abortion illegal and punishing women and providers who kill another human life.

    Now THAT is a strawman. Comparing the unborn to slaves. . .
    Can you logically dismantle my example of how wrong it is to deny a human life rights based on a personal opinion of personhood?
    My "opinions" do not deny women sovereignty over their own bodies while simultaneously turning them into unwilling incubators.
    I'm pro life not because I see women as "incubators" or want to deny women bodily sovereignty. I am pro-life because I support the human rights of the unborn and I believe that a woman shouldn't have the right to inhumanely kill another human life at a whim.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  2. #82
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    And the left wing doesn't? Are they not the ones who want to impose their opinion that an unborn child isn't a person, and those who are not persons (in their opinion) shouldn't have the right to live? Murder is also a private issue that an individual choses to make, but it doesn't make it anymore justified. A woman does chose to reproduce, and that choice (just like with a man) ends at consenting to sexual reproduction.
    And what about women who are raped? Should they be allowed to have an abortion, because they did not consent to having sex, and shouldn't have to live with that IMO.


    And? So that means we shouldn't care about the unborn because born children suffer? the atrocity against the unborn can easily be corrected by making abortion illegal and punishing women and providers who kill another human life.
    This is false, abortion will never stop. Its best to have it legal, so that women who choose to have one can go about it in a safe manner. Better to have an aborted fetus, and an alive woman then to have an aborted fetus and a dead woman who bled out in a basement.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  3. #83
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,951

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    And what about women who are raped? Should they be allowed to have an abortion, because they did not consent to having sex, and shouldn't have to live with that IMO.
    I have no problem giving the morning after pill to raped women, but a human life is a human life. Once the egg is fertilized she shouldn't have any right to kill the new human life regardless of how that life was conceived. I don't think the innocent human life should be executed for the crime that its father committed.

    This is false, abortion will never stop. Its best to have it legal, so that women who choose to have one can go about it in a safe manner. Better to have an aborted fetus, and an alive woman then to have an aborted fetus and a dead woman who bled out in a basement.
    Neither will murder, but I don't think we should legalize it for the safety of those who wish to kill a born person. The law recognizes injustice and attempts to correct it, it would be an even greater injustice to allow abortion to continue because some women may go through harmful lengths to kill their unborn children.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  4. #84
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Is abortion "wrong"?
    Well, it involves killing, doesn't it? Yes, it's very wrong.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  5. #85
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    No.




    ................
    Oh YES!!! You had better believe it's wrong. It taking lives, and playing God. Nothing on earth justifies it.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  6. #86
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    I have no problem giving the morning after pill to raped women, but a human life is a human life. Once the egg is fertilized she shouldn't have any right to kill the new human life regardless of how that life was conceived. I don't think the innocent human life should be executed for the crime that its father committed.
    I disagree, I don't like abortion, don't think it is morally right, except with cases of rape, I don't agree with putting the woman through that.


    Neither will murder, but I don't think we should legalize it for the safety of those who wish to kill a born person. The law recognizes injustice and attempts to correct it, it would be an even greater injustice to allow abortion to continue because some women may go through harmful lengths to kill their unborn children.
    Completely disingenuous digs, murder and abortion are not the same, the fact is, having murder legal would tear down society, and lead us into anarchy, and well having abortion legal has obviously not caused that. I think we should take the well being of people who are alive over the well being of people who aren't. And while I think we should make abortion a less appealing choice, giving incentives for mothers to adopt the baby out instead, if one chooses to have an abortion, it should be legal, so that the mother can do it in a safe manner. So that her life won't be put in any undue danger, and she will be able to live, and be a productive member of society. Like I said, it is better for society to have an aborted fetus, and an alive woman, then an aborted fetus, and a dead woman who bled out in a basement. I would like no one to choose abortion, but we have to make our laws based on reality, and not wishful thinking.
    Eat me, drink me, love me;
    Laura make much of me

  7. #87
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,090
    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    ok, although she may exist, her life may not be worth living if other people force her to continue an unwanted pregnancy despite her protests.
    She may not want her pregnancy, but she doesn't get to make that choice.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  8. #88
    Sage
    pbrauer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Oregon
    Last Seen
    11-27-15 @ 03:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,394

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by RamFel View Post
    She may not want her pregnancy, but she doesn't get to make that choice.
    In the first trimester, a woman can get an abortion on demand.

  9. #89
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,090
    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    In the first trimester, a woman can get an abortion on demand.
    Yes, it's legal. But wrong. Morally, it's not her choice.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

  10. #90
    Professor
    Bigfoot 88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    12-01-15 @ 06:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    2,027
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Yep

    I am a defender of all human life, without discrimination
    "I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you have earned but not greed to want to take somebody else's money." -Thomas Sowell

Page 9 of 29 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •