View Poll Results: Is abortion wrong?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    27 40.30%
  • No

    37 55.22%
  • Unsure

    3 4.48%
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 290

Thread: Is Abortion wrong?

  1. #261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by MistressNomad View Post
    Your statement merely shows that you have no understanding of how reproduction works. Cells must diffrentiate to perform the functions of a complex mammal. Liver cells, brain cells, etc. They start off in a non-diffrentiated state. Actually, they start off merely being sex cells with incomplete DNA. So yes, you are saying that a bunch of functionless cells that don't even have a completed gene sequence is a human being. Magic.
    No I'm not.

  2. #262
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by evanescence View Post
    Semantics. We're discussing abortion, and your basic claim is that abortion is immoral. Back up your claim.
    Where did I write the word immoral before this post?

  3. #263
    Sage
    SmokeAndMirrors's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    RVA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,140

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by NGNM85 View Post
    How do we define 'religion'? I would even go so far as to say Leninism, or National Socialism, while they don't have a cosmology, per se, are virtually identical to religion by every other metric. I characterize this belief as 'religious' because it is supernatural, and it has it's roots in religious dogma, it's usually a package deal.
    Well, dogmatism is present in both religion and in some political/governmental structures, as you say. The dogmatism in religion doesn't have to be based on anything that is observable. But in cases of extreme authoritarian governments, it is based on observable leaders. So dogmatism itself doesn't necessarily rely on being based on something mythological. This doesn't make dogmatism any less irrational. But there is difference between religion and extreme athoritarian governments.

    The word "religion" usually connotates a larger belief structure. As I said, while most people who apply "magical essence" to personhood, they are anti-choice. But I do know one or two exceptions to that. The belief itself is irrational, but it doesn't seem to affect anything outside of itself (i.e. the same people have no problem with war, the death penalty, etc, and some are even pro-choice and would have an abortion themselves).

    It may be more accurate to simply call it a supernatural and irrational belief. Believing in ghosts isn't necessarily religious, and I don't think anyone would call it a religion. It's along the same lines - just applying "magical essence" after death rather than before fetal viability.

  4. #264
    ˇSelah!
    Alyssa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    southern and midwestern United States where Protestant fundamentalism is dominant
    Last Seen
    05-07-14 @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,648
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Henrin View Post
    Where did I write the word immoral before this post?
    So now you don't think abortion is immoral? well what's the problem then?
    “In politics, stupidity is not a handicap.” -Napoleon

  5. #265
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    I deflected??
    uhm I brought up legality because of YOUR example LMAO
    your example has no barring on the subject and is irrelevant.
    Its an appeal to emotion and holds no weight in the debate because YOUR example is of a different legality.

    LMAO sorry some people live in reality and some dont, you fall in the later category.

    You sir did NOT stay on topic because cutting a daughters head off for having sex is NOT the same as abortion.

    You deflected with an appeal to emotion and the proof is all right here.

    Do you read what you write?
    Ill still be waiting for your example of me deflecting instead of bold face lies

    also, just a side note, commenting on my emoticons instead of staying on topic is also technically a deflection, just saying

    but please continue
    only homosexuals and women use emoticons in every post. are you female?
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  6. #266
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    only homosexuals and women use emoticons in every post. are you female?
    Please see post 230, stop deflecting, stay on topic and instead of TRYING to throw insults simply man up and address your false claims.

    Your false claims were that abortion is the same as chopping a daughters head off for having sex and a person throwing a baby in a dumpster.

    ANd you made these cliams against a post that was talking about resposiblity while ignoring legality.

    Ill be waiting.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #267
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Please see post 230, stop deflecting, stay on topic and instead of TRYING to throw insults simply man up and address your false claims.

    Your false claims were that abortion is the same as chopping a daughters head off for having sex and a person throwing a baby in a dumpster.

    ANd you made these cliams against a post that was talking about resposiblity while ignoring legality.

    Ill be waiting.
    i already answered that question...if not to your smiley posting ass, then to someone else.
    attempt to twist and deflect all you wish. you're already obsolete.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  8. #268
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    i already answered that question...if not to your smiley posting ass, then to someone else.
    attempt to twist and deflect all you wish. you're already obsolete.
    Dont care what you did to others Im talking about our conversation LMAO
    You keep choosing to dodge and deflect while Im staying on topic and asking you to defend you false claim which you obviously cant. But its exactly what I ecpected because you cant back up something that simply is not true

    Again please man up and supply any evidence, support or back up your statments.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  9. #269
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Dont care what you did to others Im talking about our conversation LMAO
    You keep choosing to dodge and deflect while Im staying on topic and asking you to defend you false claim which you obviously cant. But its exactly what I ecpected because you cant back up something that simply is not true

    Again please man up and supply any evidence, support or back up your statments.
    i already backed it up. quit deflecting and refute the response made.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  10. #270
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,947

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Is Abortion wrong?lewstherin is now thread banned. All future posts will incur 5 point DBAJ infractions.

    Please stop discussing each other and get back on topic.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •