View Poll Results: Is abortion wrong?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    27 40.30%
  • No

    37 55.22%
  • Unsure

    3 4.48%
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 290

Thread: Is Abortion wrong?

  1. #221
    Advisor BamaBrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    510
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Which also brings things up on the flip side. If a woman can have an abortion because she can't afford the child, isn't mentally ready for a child, or will have her life style changed by a child then why can't a man abort his right to parenthood? If a woman can terminate a pregnancy for these reasons then why can't a father? It's illogical and sexist as things exist on the law currently.
    i agree. Takes two to tango, two should be in decision making process. I also agree with you about cases or rape and the morning after pill.

    BDBoop... I think you are correct, it doesnt involve a lot of cases. But it is there. I pesonally know of two women who have had abortions behind their SO's backs after the man telling them they wanted the child.

  2. #222
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    What is relevant is that tens of thousand are in the system because pro-lifers won't take responsibility for children after their born. There are plenty of babies who available through the state systems. But their not the right color, they don't come from specific types of families.

    Bottom line: Pro-lifers want unborn to have full rights...and after their born...who cares it's somebody elses responsibility. That's where we're at.
    This is a straw man. You can't say that all the children in the system are due to pro-life people choosing not to abort and placing their kids up. Regardless, this logic does not dismantle the pro-life argument that the unborn are human beings worthy of a right to their lives that should not be infringed upon. Regardless, many would state that the root of the "problem" is the sexual irresponsibility of adults that leads to pregnancy. Sex is where the "problem" starts, not at pregnancy.

    Regardless, if you are going to argue that problems arise from not killing an unborn child and that the answer is to kill them this can bring up and interesting argument. It's undeniable that from the time of fertilization that a new individual human life is created. Are you saying that it's perfectly moral to say that we should kill these human lives because they may grow up "in the system?" Then would it be also logical to preform "post birth" abortions on kids in the system? Life begins at conception, this is where a new human is formed. This is where the pro-life position argues against abortion. By that logic it would be ok to kill the poor and needy people who are already in the system because it is justified to do so before they are born. If you are going to attack the pro-life argument attack it where we make our beliefs, not by tossing around illogical straw men that does not touch on pro-life arguments or philosophy.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  3. #223
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    What is relevant is that tens of thousand are in the system because pro-lifers won't take responsibility for children after their born. There are plenty of babies who available through the state systems. But their not the right color, they don't come from specific types of families.

    Bottom line: Pro-lifers want unborn to have full rights...and after their born...who cares it's somebody elses responsibility. That's where we're at.
    funny....but you just criticized my sister for adopting a "baby of color". now you wanna throw in the race card?
    you just keep twisting your little plot to the point it's now beyond recognition. nice try, though. i always appreciate
    a good attempt at playing the race card when all else fails.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  4. #224
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,512

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    funny....but you just criticized my sister for adopting a "baby of color". now you wanna throw in the race card?
    you just keep twisting your little plot to the point it's now beyond recognition. nice try, though. i always appreciate
    a good attempt at playing the race card when all else fails.
    I don't know your sister. Your the one playing the race game. All babies are of color!

    The fact remains. People who want to abolish abortions and give the unborn (at any stage of development) full legal right - but once a child is outside the womb don't want to accept responsibility for any "unwanted" babies. Babies that would have been aborted and won't be because of the laws are UNWANTED. Pro-lifers don't want to be involved in the lives of children after they are born. What part of "unwanted" is so hard to understand?

    Millions of kids are reported as having been abused each years. Nearly a million are in the system...including babies. Why are conservative elected politicians in state and federal working diligently to remove social programs that DIRECTLY affect the health and welfare of innocent children. And guess what? These same politicians are trying to have abortion made illegal. How do you explain that?
    Last edited by Removable Mind; 06-21-11 at 02:45 PM.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBrat View Post
    i agree. Takes two to tango, two should be in decision making process. I also agree with you about cases or rape and the morning after pill.

    BDBoop... I think you are correct, it doesnt involve a lot of cases. But it is there. I pesonally know of two women who have had abortions behind their SO's backs after the man telling them they wanted the child.
    I did that myself. But he didn't just want the child, he wanted me. And he didn't propose until I said I was pregnant. In my defense, I was 19. I don't know how many men would actually walk away with the baby, no visitation, no child support, no contact. Simply by virtue of being male, he'd have a better shot at a decent paying job, so maybe being a single dad wouldn't be quite as painful as being a single mom - or maybe it would.

  6. #226
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,804

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    i stayed on topic as well. YOU brought up legality. i responded. that's not a deflection. sorry.
    and all your little emoticons aren't going to change the FACT that the deflections are yours alone.

    I deflected??
    uhm I brought up legality because of YOUR example LMAO
    your example has no barring on the subject and is irrelevant.
    Its an appeal to emotion and holds no weight in the debate because YOUR example is of a different legality.

    LMAO sorry some people live in reality and some dont, you fall in the later category.

    You sir did NOT stay on topic because cutting a daughters head off for having sex is NOT the same as abortion.

    You deflected with an appeal to emotion and the proof is all right here.

    Do you read what you write?
    Ill still be waiting for your example of me deflecting instead of bold face lies

    also, just a side note, commenting on my emoticons instead of staying on topic is also technically a deflection, just saying

    but please continue
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    I don't know your sister. Your the one playing the race game. All babies are of color!

    The fact remains. People who want to abolish abortions and give the unborn (at any stage of development) full legal right - but once a child is outside the womb don't want to accept responsibility for any "unwanted" babies. Babies that would have been aborted and won't be because of the laws are UNWANTED. Pro-lifers don't want to be involved in the lives of children after they are born. What part of "unwanted" is so hard to understand?

    Millions of kids are reported as having been abused each years. Nearly a million are in the system...including babies. Why are conservative elected politicians in state and federal working diligently to remove social programs that DIRECTLY affect the health and welfare of innocent children. And guess what? These same politicians are trying to have abortion made illegal. How do you explain that?
    /angry outburst "How DARE you ignore the existence of albinos!?"

  8. #228
    Advisor BamaBrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    510
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    I did that myself. But he didn't just want the child, he wanted me. And he didn't propose until I said I was pregnant. In my defense, I was 19. I don't know how many men would actually walk away with the baby, no visitation, no child support, no contact. Simply by virtue of being male, he'd have a better shot at a decent paying job, so maybe being a single dad wouldn't be quite as painful as being a single mom - or maybe it would.
    Why is it that when we all look back at things weve done over our lives and the things we may regret or think we shold have done different.... always right around age 18 or 19. LOL

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBrat View Post
    Why is it that when we all look back at things weve done over our lives and the things we may regret or think we shold have done different.... always right around age 18 or 19. LOL
    True. But I do forgive myself.

  10. #230
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,326
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Moderator's Warning:
    Is Abortion wrong?Let's play nice and spend less time talking about posting styles and who is deflecting, and moe time talking about the topic.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •