View Poll Results: Is abortion wrong?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    27 40.30%
  • No

    37 55.22%
  • Unsure

    3 4.48%
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 290

Thread: Is Abortion wrong?

  1. #211
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    If you say so but you definitely did the proof is back in the thread. A poster said abortion could be argued the responsible thing and you compared to killing a baby by leaving it in a dumpsters and chopping of a daughters head for having sex.

    Thats how you ignored it by two asinine unsupportable clams that make no sense and you cant back up.

    Sorry I stayed right on topic while your just throwing **** at the wall and hoping something sticks, ill GLADLY let you challenge me to ANY deflection you falsely accused me of LMAO. PLEASE SO ME AN EXAMPLE OF ME DEFLECTING FROM A POINT "I" MADE

    id love to see it!!!! LMAO
    Is it fun to lie?
    i stayed on topic as well. YOU brought up legality. i responded. that's not a deflection. sorry.
    and all your little emoticons aren't going to change the FACT that the deflections are yours alone.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  2. #212
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,489

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    This was to FRIDAY, but an answer from anyone who isn't pro-choice will work... Just asking...

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind to Friday
    I assume that in order to mandate that the grander society is to meet or exceed your moral compass "regarding abortion" - that you and other pro-lifers would be willing to not just support a new law that gives the unborn full rights under the Constitution, but would also be willing to ensure that all unwanted babies born, who would otherwise not be, will be provided full protections of wanted children, which means NECESSARY safety and general welfare such as food, housing, clothing, etc. Right?

    Can you please not allude to or raise the blame of humanity not taking appropriate sexual responsibility. That's not a possible reality.
    Last edited by Removable Mind; 06-21-11 at 01:50 PM.

  3. #213
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    This was to FRIDAY, but an answer from anyone who isn't pro-choice will work... Just asking...
    i'll answer. my sister had to pay $30,000 to adopt a kid from guatemala, because the waiting lists for adoptions in this country
    are years long. so don't tell me these "unwanted children" aren't wanted by someone out there who is completely able to provide
    for all their needs, because i know better.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  4. #214
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,489

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    i'll answer. my sister had to pay $30,000 to adopt a kid from guatemala, because the waiting lists for adoptions in this country
    are years long. so don't tell me these "unwanted children" aren't wanted by someone out there who is completely able to provide
    for all their needs, because i know better.
    Why would she do that? Your sister is another example of what's wrong with the pro-life model.




    3/4 million kids in the system. Only 60 thousand adopted.

    If pro-lifers really cared it about the unborn...then we wouldn't see the numbers above...because the unborn is eventually BORN. Then they have no more meaning to pro-lifers.

    Cherry picking kids is how it's always been. Can't find the "perfect" kid in the U.S....run to another country.

    Sad, very, very sad.

  5. #215
    Advisor BamaBrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-27-16 @ 03:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    510
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    You have no idea about my personal beliefs, so please stop attributing your thoughts about things unto me. And you do have a responsibility for the pregnancy you caused.
    Im curious. If you believe men have a responsibility because they "caused" a pregnancy... do you believe a man should have say so if a woman wants to have an abortion??? Could a man say...NO, have the baby and I will raise and be responsible for it. If a man were to say that, would the woman still have a right to go have an abortion against his wishes???

  6. #216
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBrat View Post
    Im curious. If you believe men have a responsibility because they "caused" a pregnancy... do you believe a man should have say so if a woman wants to have an abortion??? Could a man say...NO, have the baby and I will raise and be responsible for it. If a man were to say that, would the woman still have a right to go have an abortion against his wishes???
    I don't believe it factors into the majority of the cases. Most men, if they do want the pregnancy, don't want the full responsibility. Nor would I think he should have it. I would expect the shoe to be on the other foot, with visitation and child support.

  7. #217
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by Removable Mind View Post
    Why would she do that? Your sister is another example of what's wrong with the pro-life model.




    3/4 million kids in the system. Only 60 thousand adopted.

    If pro-lifers really cared it about the unborn...then we wouldn't see the numbers above...because the unborn is eventually BORN. Then they have no more meaning to pro-lifers.

    Cherry picking kids is how it's always been. Can't find the "perfect" kid in the U.S....run to another country.

    Sad, very, very sad.
    these aren't babies. you've been twisting the issue since you began.
    1st, you tried to limit the options to an "choose A or B" scenario.
    then you want to introduce these foster care problem children into
    the scenario. kids whom are snatched by cps for abuse issues
    into the scenario to prove point completely irrelevant to what you're
    original point was. the point is BABIES, or as you might refer to them..
    ......"born parasites upon society".
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  8. #218
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,953

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by BamaBrat View Post
    Im curious. If you believe men have a responsibility because they "caused" a pregnancy... do you believe a man should have say so if a woman wants to have an abortion??? Could a man say...NO, have the baby and I will raise and be responsible for it. If a man were to say that, would the woman still have a right to go have an abortion against his wishes???
    Which also brings things up on the flip side. If a woman can have an abortion because she can't afford the child, isn't mentally ready for a child, or will have her life style changed by a child then why can't a man abort his right to parenthood? If a woman can terminate a pregnancy for these reasons then why can't a father? It's illogical and sexist as things exist on the law currently.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  9. #219
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by digsbe View Post
    Which also brings things up on the flip side. If a woman can have an abortion because she can't afford the child, isn't mentally ready for a child, or will have her life style changed by a child then why can't a man abort his right to parenthood? If a woman can terminate a pregnancy for these reasons then why can't a father? It's illogical and sexist as things exist on the law currently.
    That I can agree with.

  10. #220
    Irremovable Intelligence
    Removable Mind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    23,489

    Re: Is Abortion wrong?

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    these aren't babies. you've been twisting the issue since you began.
    1st, you tried to limit the options to an "choose A or B" scenario.
    then you want to introduce these foster care problem children into
    the scenario. kids whom are snatched by cps for abuse issues
    into the scenario to prove point completely irrelevant to what you're
    original point was. the point is BABIES, or as you might refer to them..
    ......"born parasites upon society".
    What is relevant is that tens of thousand are in the system because pro-lifers won't take responsibility for children after their born. There are plenty of babies who available through the state systems. But their not the right color, they don't come from specific types of families.

    Bottom line: Pro-lifers want unborn to have full rights...and after their born...who cares it's somebody elses responsibility. That's where we're at.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •