View Poll Results: I want to see President Obama fail

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 23.08%
  • No

    37 56.92%
  • Other

    13 20.00%
Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 301

Thread: I want to see the President fail

  1. #191
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,709

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    While we are in a bad way, and while it is attractive to trumpet the impending doom of the Republic (as is seemingly done so frequently), I do not think it wise to ignore that politics can be gradual, needs to be gradual, or is institutionally gradual. I do not have the revolutionary zeal that others do. It frankly does nothing for me. The reduction of political parties to the monolith does a disservice to the action of politics and provides the impression that it is better to act rashfully, or because one is not likely to get their way for dramatic change, the destruction of the system as a whole to accomplish such change.
    Last edited by Fiddytree; 06-14-11 at 01:58 PM.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  2. #192
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Both engage in propaganda such as "you have to support the President because...".
    Eye-opener for me, thanks.

  3. #193
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    1. I never cited the "evidence" I was refering to. So your calling it "opinion" is unsubstantiated. By it's very definition, "evidence" is not "opinion". Perhaps data would have been a better word, but it's really unrelated to the point.

    2. "Rooting for failure" is an ambiguous, poorly worded statement. You can say "completely different", but I think what you don't realize (and I think I've pointed this out to you before), is your writing style doesn't lend itself to comprehension by the rest of us. Alot of assumptions have to be made as to what you're "really" saying, and it leads to your blanket statement on absolutes. You meant something else, apparently, but that certainly didn't come through.
    Doesnt need cited
    America hasnt figured out what works thats why it takes everyone's views

    again whatever you say but I apologized and explained what I really meant so its all moot, rehashing again changes nothing
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  4. #194
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I don't think you get that your statement isn't necessarily true. Obama's personal failure as president isn't absolutely linked the country's success or failure.
    How not? What this thread is about addresses exactly that issue. If he doesn't get the economy turned around. If he doesn't create more jobs. If he doesn't - - - - everything I keep reading that he's not doing, according to the people this thread is addressed to. If he doesn't, we will be a third world country. Therefore. If he fails, we do too.

    Are we even the number one country in the world anymore, by any measure worth using?

  5. #195
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,835

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I don't know what you're refering to. I responded to your post very clearly.
    You didnt prove the irony and you dodged the question.

    its a simple one word answer, win / loss and you talked around it.

    What if all his policies work in 2 years? is that a win or loss for America?
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #196
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    i find the results of the poll interesting.
    as of now......
    11 want him to fail.
    22 don't want him to fail
    11 vote "other"

    i'm guessing "other" would mean these are people who want his policies to fail, but refuse to say they want a "president" to fail?
    but it's fallen into this percentage ratio from the threads beginning. that which "yes" and "other" combined run equal to the "no".
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by lewstherin View Post
    i find the results of the poll interesting.
    as of now......
    11 want him to fail.
    22 don't want him to fail
    11 vote "other"

    i'm guessing "other" would mean these are people who want his policies to fail, but refuse to say they want a "president" to fail?
    but it's fallen into this percentage ratio from the threads beginning. that which "yes" and "other" combined run equal to the "no".
    I found them interesting as well, for the same reason.

  8. #198
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    if you say so but we are talking about the president of our country, last I checked nobobdy knows how to run our government perfectly so rooting for YOUR OPINION of what will fail is rooting for AMERICA to fail LOL
    Again, that is absurd. This is not about whether you agree with those of us who feel that the direction that Obama wants to take the country is wrong. This is about your inability to understand that some of us actually believe Obama is just plain wrong.

    You are in fact being a lemming, a partisan one.
    The problem is you are speaking in absolutes when there are none, we survied 4-8 years of other presidents that people thought sucked and DID do damage I still didnt root for them to lose, I rooted for them to change or to compromise NOT TO LOSE because their lose is my loss and Im not dumb enough to think in absolutes in situations there arent any in. Like I said if everybody shared your logic the earth would still be flat and we'd be living in the dark ages.
    And that's all you got. Saying that people who think like me would have kept us in the dark ages.

    Ad-hominem BS.

  9. #199
    Sage
    lpast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Fla
    Last Seen
    05-21-16 @ 10:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    13,565

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    So many of you do. You are in here crowing every day about how he's just been nothing but a total loser ever since he took office. He's stupid. He only got educated because of affirmative action. Every day America is in more and more trouble, and you couldn't be happier.

    It's almost like you don't care that America is the cost. As long as HE fails, that's all that matters.

    Boop in all fairness in my opinion the left was far worse during the bush years...they appeared to want us to lose the wars just to make bush look bad, they have blamed bush for everything imaginable. In my estimation Obama has been a worse president than bush by far and he has been treated much better by the media.
    Obama' success's have been very few and quite unmemorable, Obamacare was the fuel for the teaparty and the beginning of the end of Democrat control of the house. Obama overall has failed us miserably.

  10. #200
    Sage
    RamFel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,100
    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    So many of you do. You are in here crowing every day about how he's just been nothing but a total loser ever since he took office. He's stupid. He only got educated because of affirmative action. Every day America is in more and more trouble, and you couldn't be happier.

    It's almost like you don't care that America is the cost. As long as HE fails, that's all that matters.
    I want him to fail at getting re-elected. I also want Obama-Care to fail. All for the benefit of our country.
    We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. – Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood, 1939

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •