View Poll Results: I want to see President Obama fail

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 23.08%
  • No

    37 56.92%
  • Other

    13 20.00%
Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 301

Thread: I want to see the President fail

  1. #171
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    No im not back tracking at all it is what I meant and if i didnt state it clearly I already apologized that is NOT a back pedal by any means LMAO

    also your "evidence" is no more than opinion, also lets not forget nobody said I disagree with your view of BAD policies, I do in fact think some are bad.

    what we are talking about is rooting for failure, that I wont do. COMPLETELY different.
    1. I never cited the "evidence" I was refering to. So your calling it "opinion" is unsubstantiated. By it's very definition, "evidence" is not "opinion". Perhaps data would have been a better word, but it's really unrelated to the point.

    2. "Rooting for failure" is an ambiguous, poorly worded statement. You can say "completely different", but I think what you don't realize (and I think I've pointed this out to you before), is your writing style doesn't lend itself to comprehension by the rest of us. Alot of assumptions have to be made as to what you're "really" saying, and it leads to your blanket statement on absolutes. You meant something else, apparently, but that certainly didn't come through.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #172
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    If he's on the same path as the past two Presidents, then why are Republicans pushing back so hard?
    republicans aren't the only ones "pushing back". many democrats are becoming "independents", as well. many are becoming tired
    of the corrupted 2 party shenanigans. for many republicans, it took the failures of george bush to open their eyes; hopefully for others,
    the failures of this so called "president" will open theirs.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  3. #173
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Opinion can in fact be true when based on measured reality. To which, mine is. The Republocrats have long ago stopped serving the Republic and have served instead their own interests and power. That's a mere statement of fact. Sorry the partisan don't like it. It's easier to bitch about the other side than to analyze your own.
    It's not a "fact", it's an "opinion". Facts are backed up by evidence. This is merely a left-side taking point.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think you already know what our policies would be. Drastic reduction in government scope and size, end of interventionist policies, focus on American needs first, return to true free market capitalism, return to State power over Federal power, etc.
    Can that even happen? I mean, is there a path that can be followed that make this a possibility. It sounds great, but I don't see how (outside of a revolution).

  5. #175
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    so you cant, thanks

    thanks for dodging the question too.
    I don't know what you're refering to. I responded to your post very clearly.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  6. #176
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    It's not a "fact", it's an "opinion". Facts are backed up by evidence. This is merely a left-side taking point.
    You can call it whatever it wants, your dismissal does not change reality. The Republic has been in trouble for quite some time and neither the R's nor the D's have done anything to right it. It's all measured and recorded. As I said, the blind partisans don't like it. It's easier to bitch about the other side than to analyze your own.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #177
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,315

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think you already know what our policies would be. Drastic reduction in government scope and size, end of interventionist policies, focus on American needs first, return to true free market capitalism, return to State power over Federal power, etc.
    I think any conservative would mostly agree with that. So just because Republicans aren't achieving everyone of those, doesn't mean that their supporters don't want those things.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #178
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,693

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    The same tired "broken political system" argument always comes up every couple of years by disenfranchised idealists in the world of political reality. I give it little credence.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  9. #179
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    The same tired "broken political system" argument always comes up every couple of years. I give it little credence.
    You've been in this arena a long time then, sir? Online political?

  10. #180
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Can that even happen? I mean, is there a path that can be followed that make this a possibility. It sounds great, but I don't see how (outside of a revolution).
    It can happen, it will require a lot of work. It necessarily revolves around the breaking of the one-party system we have adopted in politics as to allow true political competition. Competition is always good, it drives innovation; but we've stiffled ours and have stagnated. Stagnation is slow death. The point at which the return to proper government can only be solved by revolution, we are going to be in a heap of trouble. But we're moving towards it, and the Republocrats are pushing it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •