View Poll Results: I want to see President Obama fail

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 23.08%
  • No

    37 56.92%
  • Other

    13 20.00%
Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 301

Thread: I want to see the President fail

  1. #161
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    It's not "hackery" when it's true. Buy a dictionary.
    It's your opinion of the outcome of republican policy or ideology. Opinion isn't true. We've had this debate before.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  2. #162
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    No, you made a blanket statement and now you're back tracking. Also, I very clearly specified that we BELIEVE these programs will fail BASED ON historical evidence and projections from models. You choose to ignore what doesn't suit you and respond without comprehending.
    No im not back tracking at all it is what I meant and if i didnt state it clearly I already apologized that is NOT a back pedal by any means LMAO

    also your "evidence" is no more than opinion, also lets not forget nobody said I disagree with your view of BAD policies, I do in fact think some are bad.

    what we are talking about is rooting for failure, that I wont do. COMPLETELY different.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #163
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Since when have any of the Republocrats policies help us on the whole? They're all meant to help the same group at the expense of the rest of us.
    When will we see a libertarian propose a libertarian policy, instead of just standing on the sidelines criticizing the other two parties?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #164
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    On its way to where it's at now. The one-two punch of Clinton/Bush really opened up the banking and wall street flood gates. The lack of regulation allowed them to act improperly in an unsustainable manner for too long. All the policies go to benefit the same group of people at our expense. Ain't no different from Clinton to Bush to Obama. Peas in a pod. Appease the aristocracy, solidify corporate capitalism, expand the government. Same play book, different letters.
    If he's on the same path as the past two Presidents, then why are Republicans pushing back so hard?

  5. #165
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    It's your opinion of the outcome of republican policy or ideology. Opinion isn't true. We've had this debate before.
    Opinion can in fact be true when based on measured reality. To which, mine is. The Republocrats have long ago stopped serving the Republic and have served instead their own interests and power. That's a mere statement of fact. Sorry the partisan don't like it. It's easier to bitch about the other side than to analyze your own.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #166
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 02:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,761

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    His policies working as he's laid them out is bad for the country. If they "work" as they are intended to, they will eventually harm the country. If something changes, or the policies are refocused, it is possible they will benefit the country. As they are, they will not.

    Also, I don't have to "prove" the very visible irony. It's right there.


    so you cant, thanks

    thanks for dodging the question too.
    Last edited by AGENT J; 06-14-11 at 01:39 PM.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #167
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I'm defending the point, and perhaps clarifying something y'all might have misunderstood. If you think the large majority want Obama to be a failure so that the country fails, just to gain political points...well, I think you're probably very, very wrong. The small, microscopic minority who feel that way aren't those who align with the general party view.

    Then again, nobody really cares about the general party view, do they? It's so much easier to use the fringe as the basis for casitgating the whole.
    I don't how much of the "general party" wants Obama to fail at helping the country to succeed and how many isn't really my concern. I find them, however many, incredibly annoying and stupid and like I said, these are the people who pretend that nothing positive has happened in the last 2 years, that the auto industry hasn't bounced back, that we're still in the recession, that we're on the verge of destruction and who jump for joy when something goes wrong. If that's not you, then this thread hasn't made any judgments about you. If it is, that's unfortunate.

  8. #168
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    No im not back tracking at all it is what I meant and if i didnt state it clearly I already apologized that is NOT a back pedal by any means LMAO

    also your "evidence" is no more than opinion, also lets not forget nobody said I disagree with your view of BAD policies, I do in fact think some are bad.

    what we are talking about is rooting for failure, that I wont do. COMPLETELY different.
    I think we all know what the context of the OP is. It's not about rooting for failure of America, it's about policies (and by association he who promotes them).
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #169
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    When will we see a libertarian propose a libertarian policy, instead of just standing on the sidelines criticizing the other two parties?
    I think you already know what our policies would be. Drastic reduction in government scope and size, end of interventionist policies, focus on American needs first, return to true free market capitalism, return to State power over Federal power, etc.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #170
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    If he's on the same path as the past two Presidents, then why are Republicans pushing back so hard?
    It's blind partisanship. If Obama had an R next to his name instead of a D, even if he behaved exactly the same, the argument would change.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •