View Poll Results: I want to see President Obama fail

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 23.08%
  • No

    37 56.92%
  • Other

    13 20.00%
Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 301

Thread: I want to see the President fail

  1. #121
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    I think the most interesting point is that it's "UnAmerican" to hope for a failure in policies that would be detrimental to the country.
    That's not what this thread is about, although it's nice to you turn the point around in order to make yourself look better. The thread is about those who want policies to fail in helping the country.

  2. #122
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    If bad policies are enacted, the country loses.
    If bad policies are not enacted, the country does not necessarily lose,and will probably win.
    If good policies are enacted, the country wins.
    If good polices are not enacted, the country will probably lose.

    So if, based on the available evidence, one feels that a policy is "bad", they would want that policy to fail in being enacted to prevent an almost guaranteed negative affect on the country. Based on available evidence, many of us felt that Obama's policies (which, by the way, are opinions...not sure why you're emphasizing opinion as if this debate is anything else) were bad and would have a detrimental affect. So we want those policies to fail to be enacted, which, by proxy, means we want Obama to fail.

    The success of a president isn't directly linked to the success of America. Bush was very successful in getting many of his policies enacted. Would you say the country succeeded because of it? Clinton was very successful in his cuts to intelligence and his moves to separate the operations of the CIA and FBI. Given that intelligence breakdowns were a key component of the 911 attacks, would you say Clinton's success led to America's success?

    My analogy was in no way an emotional appeal. It was a a tongue-in-cheek analogy of the Obama failure/America failure discussion.

    As far as "everybody knowing what's right", well...that just isn't possible. We debate daily on what is right, what is wrong, what is best, what is worst. We use evidence from history and wisdom to make the best choice. Because nobody is identical to anybody else, there will always be disagreement on which path is best, which programs are most important, what program will be most successful. It is silly to assume that there would ever be 1 "correct" answer or methodology. That doesn't mean we can't feel as though our methodology is the best, based on evidence. Obama thinks his methodology is best, even though history doesn't lend to that belief and most of his ideas were widely untests in the American system. Others thought his methodology was bad, based on what has and hasn't worked before, and based on projecetions made on untested ideas.
    all based on your opinion that nobody is arguing. Did I say bad policies will make us win? of ocurse not
    but they are only bad if they fail LOL so no matter if I think they are bad I want them to have success because its better for america. SImple common sense

    I root for EVERY president to have success, ALL OF THEM
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  3. #123
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    You do realize that saying "his failure is our failure" is an absolute statement, right? Also, so is "rooting for YOUR OPINION of what will fail is rooting for AMERICA to fail"
    It's true - if he fails at helping the country, the it's our failure as well.

  4. #124
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Hyperbole much?
    tit for tat
    if a silly illogical example is given ill give one back
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  5. #125
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    Why? I'd rather read one well-considered and -written post than all the rest of the thread combined.
    not in her writing - Tessy is a solid, thoughtful poster, not unlike yourself - rather in thinking that she was going to get anything of comparative quality back.


    Quote Originally Posted by centrist
    if you say so but we are talking about the president of our country, last I checked nobobdy knows how to run our government perfectly so rooting for YOUR OPINION of what will fail is rooting for AMERICA to fail LOL

    You are in fact being a lemming, a partisan one...
    see what I mean?
    Last edited by cpwill; 06-14-11 at 01:20 PM.

  6. #126
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,827

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    yeah. that and "lol"ing as if derision made up for lack of logic. I tend to think of it as the "14 year old girl who watches jersey shore" debate method.



    go get'em, tiger.
    comming from you this makes me happy
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  7. #127
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Well you know what? If you're not with us, you're against us. Thanks for hating America.

    HAHAHAH. I love this Republican propaganda, it's fun ****.

    aw. did someone fail 9th grade reading comprehension?

  8. #128
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    05-06-12 @ 11:12 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    9,800

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    It's true - if he fails at helping the country, the it's our failure as well.
    Our failure as in some significant portion of our nation's citizens will continue to suffer.

  9. #129
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by theplaydrive View Post
    That's not what this thread is about, although it's nice to you turn the point around in order to make yourself look better. The thread is about those who want policies to fail in helping the country.
    I have NO idea what you're talking about. I was specifically told that I'm UnAmerican because I don't want Obama's policies (and him by proxy) to succeed. I was pointing out the irony of that statement, which was made in this thread. In fact, that statement was made to more than one person, by more than one person, and was used as a basis for the argument as to why we shouldn't wish for policy failures. In that sense, it is very much related to the topic and your post is the one that doesn't belong.

    Thanks for playing, though.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  10. #130
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    all based on your opinion that nobody is arguing. Did I say bad policies will make us win? of ocurse not
    but they are only bad if they fail LOL so no matter if I think they are bad I want them to have success because its better for america. SImple common sense

    I root for EVERY president to have success, ALL OF THEM
    The funny thing is that I'm pretty sure I remember the reverse of this thread a few years ago when people were wanting Bush to fail and that was terrible and we shouldn't wish for a President to fail because if the President fails, we all fail. Blah blah blah. Shoes on a different foot and now all of a sudden it doesn't seem to be the "if you're not with us, you're against us" crap the GOP threw out there a few years ago. Pathetic, but to be expected.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •