View Poll Results: I want to see President Obama fail

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    15 23.08%
  • No

    37 56.92%
  • Other

    13 20.00%
Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 301

Thread: I want to see the President fail

  1. #101
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    A better analogy is this:

    You know that covering yourself in pollen will attract bees. Your friend wants to cover herself in pollen because she thinks the bees will respond "peacefully", collecting pollen from her without stinging. You hope she fails in her experiment, because you feel confidently that it will end badly. People confident that Obama's policies will end badly are perfectly logical in hoping those policies fail. The illogical stance is to hope for success blindly, despite evidence that a policy will be largely negative.
    no this is called dramatic bias and appeal to emotion. We arent talking about your OPINION of policies.
    Your mind is already made up that you dont like the policies (I dont like some of them) so you hope they fail so you root for him to fail, well thats dumb becuase if they fail we all fail.

    The QB/Coach is the more accurat analogy because its void of bias and its Objective.

    If we new what actually worked we would all just do it, funny no president congress etc etc has figured it out? LOL

    The goal is for AMERICA to win, Ill NEVER root against that because it makes no sense. Will i disagree on how we COULD win, of course but to root against him is to root against winning, no thanks, ill never od that to any president.

    Basically if I believed in things 1,2, and 3 and the president believed in things 4,5 and 6 I might not like it but what if 4,5,and 6 gets us the win? Then I am HAPPY because WE WON lol

    Of I guess I could just hope for the worse, root against us winning and assume that my way is the only way forget the rest of america.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  2. #102
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by xpiher View Post
    His policy is not open borders, but to actually try to get congress to do real reform such as expanding legal entry, guest worker program, increased border security, etc.
    I have a question.

    If illegal entry into this country is not illegal...
    DNC Chair: Republicans Believe Illegal Immigration 'Should be a Crime' | CNSnews.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D.-Fla.)
    “We have 12 million undocumented immigrants in this country that are part of the backbone of our economy and this is not only a reality but a necessity," she said. "And that it would be harmful--the Republican solution that I’ve seen in the last three years is that we should just pack them all up and ship them back to their own countries and that in fact it should be a crime and we should arrested them all.”
    ... then why do we NEED border security?

  3. #103
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,998

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by BDBoop View Post
    And if that's not how you act? Then I'm not talking to you.
    BD, you're on a Political board.

    Not a board for a TV show. Not a cooking board. Not a board about knitting. Not a Twilight fan board. Not a Tom Clancy fan board. Not a sports fan board. Not a vehicle fan board. Not a hobby board. Not a religion board.

    You're on a political board.

    If you're going to get heavily worked up over people acting partisan, not even hugely overly partisan but just basicly partisan, on a political board then there's expectations there that don't match up with where you're posting. Unemployment news shows up in the political section of newspapers routinely for a reason...because its a significant political issue. People bring it up everytime it comes out because its a significant political issue. And as is typical with significant political issues, people speak their mind and views about it.

    People may seem "happy" because unemployment numbers come back bad, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're literally happy that people are out of work. Your narrow view point here is based singularly off of your desire to scold people. Could they not be happy that their previous suggestions about the individuals policies, or their individual predictions, came out correct? Could they not be happy because they feel the policies we have are bad and will continue to cause damage, and the only way that things will change is for it to get worse before it gets better?

    You're complaining about something that is the very basic nature of politics...people being happy about things that vindicate their points and bothered by things that go against it.

  4. #104
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by katiegrrl0 View Post
    That would be very anti American to want the President to fail. If he is a success than his agenda is not bad for America. If he fails you may be correct but to hope for that is blatantly anti American
    I don't know about that, I kind of want him to fail. I don't like his approach to solving problems.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #105
    I'm kind of a big deal

    AGENT J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,822

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    A better analogy is this:

    You know that covering yourself in pollen will attract bees. Your friend wants to cover herself in pollen because she thinks the bees will respond "peacefully", collecting pollen from her without stinging. You hope she fails in her experiment, because you feel confidently that it will end badly. People confident that Obama's policies will end badly are perfectly logical in hoping those policies fail. The illogical stance is to hope for success blindly, despite evidence that a policy will be largely negative.
    Also just to really address your analogy, no I hope it works for my friend that way she didnt get stung LO

    If I had your "logic" for eveything we would still be in the dark ages.
    no planes, earth is still flat, no open heart surgery etc etc

    I hope the next person that wants success fails because its not MY idea of success

    sorry thats illogical. Thats not american.
    This space is currently owned by The Great Winchester, stay tuned for future messages!
    Make America Great Again!
    Pro-Equal Rights / Pro-Gun Rights / Pro-Human Rights / Pro-Choice

  6. #106
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    If they dont work they dont work, didnt say you have to AGREE with them or support them
    But wanting him to fail is illogical unless his goal is honestly to hurt the US which it is not.
    You are having to excessively distort the point. If someone is doing something that you believe will make you worse, you do not just sit on your ass, have things end up worse, and shrug "well, at least we tried". That is being stupid.

    Your OPINION on whether a presidents ideas are good or bad are no more valuable then anyone else but you still root for success.
    I root for a different plan, not for one where I know its result makes us worse. My opinions are very valuable to me, btw.

    To dumb it down as simple as possible, youre on a football team, coach and QB deiced a QB sneak is what we are going to run, do you hope the coach and QB fail just because you wanted a pass play? of course not lol

    You can verbally disagree
    You can hope/vote for a new president / QB
    but you always root for your own team because their decisions were made because they wanted to WIN, they were trying to loose.
    Football ? Yeah, that is dumb. Why such a struggle in realizing that God gave you a brain, and that combined with experience, some wisdom is expected ?
    Its pretty simple actually, dont confuse disagreeing or wanting things done differently with hope he fails.
    You realize if he fails WE ALL LOSE because then no progress is made for 4 years.

    Just like the QB if he doesnt score what good is that? You still want him to score because it means WE ALL win.
    Whether Obama has good intentions or not matters not a twit. If someone has a plan, that being a succession of steps, that you believe will end up making you and your family worse off, you don't just sign up and hope for the better.

    I choose to not be a lemming.

  7. #107
    Educator lewstherin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 02:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    719

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Also just to really address your analogy, no I hope it works for my friend that way she didnt get stung LO

    If I had your "logic" for eveything we would still be in the dark ages.
    no planes, earth is still flat, no open heart surgery etc etc

    I hope the next person that wants success fails because its not MY idea of success

    sorry thats illogical. Thats not american.
    except of course, in the case that the person in question's version of "success" is a matter of your country being destroyed;
    and replaced with something "unAmerican". it seems you're the one having more the problem with logic. every policy and
    executive order this man has initiated has been destructive to this nation. this clown is george bush times 10. and you
    want people to wish him success on his initiatives? sorry. but wishing this man success IS unAmerican.
    “The ideal form of government is democracy tempered with assassination.”
    http://www.indylevee.com/

  8. #108
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    no this is called dramatic bias and appeal to emotion. We arent talking about your OPINION of policies.
    Your mind is already made up that you dont like the policies (I dont like some of them) so you hope they fail so you root for him to fail, well thats dumb becuase if they fail we all fail.

    The QB/Coach is the more accurat analogy because its void of bias and its Objective.

    If we new what actually worked we would all just do it, funny no president congress etc etc has figured it out? LOL

    The goal is for AMERICA to win, Ill NEVER root against that because it makes no sense. Will i disagree on how we COULD win, of course but to root against him is to root against winning, no thanks, ill never od that to any president.

    Basically if I believed in things 1,2, and 3 and the president believed in things 4,5 and 6 I might not like it but what if 4,5,and 6 gets us the win? Then I am HAPPY because WE WON lol

    Of I guess I could just hope for the worse, root against us winning and assume that my way is the only way forget the rest of america.
    If bad policies are enacted, the country loses.
    If bad policies are not enacted, the country does not necessarily lose,and will probably win.
    If good policies are enacted, the country wins.
    If good polices are not enacted, the country will probably lose.

    So if, based on the available evidence, one feels that a policy is "bad", they would want that policy to fail in being enacted to prevent an almost guaranteed negative affect on the country. Based on available evidence, many of us felt that Obama's policies (which, by the way, are opinions...not sure why you're emphasizing opinion as if this debate is anything else) were bad and would have a detrimental affect. So we want those policies to fail to be enacted, which, by proxy, means we want Obama to fail.

    The success of a president isn't directly linked to the success of America. Bush was very successful in getting many of his policies enacted. Would you say the country succeeded because of it? Clinton was very successful in his cuts to intelligence and his moves to separate the operations of the CIA and FBI. Given that intelligence breakdowns were a key component of the 911 attacks, would you say Clinton's success led to America's success?

    My analogy was in no way an emotional appeal. It was a a tongue-in-cheek analogy of the Obama failure/America failure discussion.

    As far as "everybody knowing what's right", well...that just isn't possible. We debate daily on what is right, what is wrong, what is best, what is worst. We use evidence from history and wisdom to make the best choice. Because nobody is identical to anybody else, there will always be disagreement on which path is best, which programs are most important, what program will be most successful. It is silly to assume that there would ever be 1 "correct" answer or methodology. That doesn't mean we can't feel as though our methodology is the best, based on evidence. Obama thinks his methodology is best, even though history doesn't lend to that belief and most of his ideas were widely untests in the American system. Others thought his methodology was bad, based on what has and hasn't worked before, and based on projecetions made on untested ideas.
    Last edited by tessaesque; 06-14-11 at 01:06 PM.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  9. #109
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,148

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    tessy, you are wasting your time, my friend

  10. #110
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: I want to see the President fail

    Quote Originally Posted by Centrist77 View Post
    Also just to really address your analogy, no I hope it works for my friend that way she didnt get stung LO

    If I had your "logic" for eveything we would still be in the dark ages.
    no planes, earth is still flat, no open heart surgery etc etc

    I hope the next person that wants success fails because its not MY idea of success

    sorry thats illogical. Thats not american.
    Hyperbole much?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •