View Poll Results: Who was right: North or South?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • North

    39 58.21%
  • South

    21 31.34%
  • Neither

    7 10.45%
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast
Results 351 to 360 of 367

Thread: The Civil War

  1. #351
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: The Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Better than being a slave. Of course you don't care because of political reasons. Makes perfect sense to me.
    Just because I'm informed enough to not believe in the revisionist version of history, doesn't mean I condone slavery. That's a cheap shot.

  2. #352
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I know it was not, but I don't care. Slavery is abhorrent and cannot be justified for any reason in a so called civilized nation.

    So again I say **** the south and all who supported it.
    **** the north too right?

    They owned slaves in the north DURING the civil war.

    Just not in the amount that was necessary in the south to run their agriculture based economy.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #353
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    07-19-17 @ 03:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    60,458

    Re: The Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Just one question: Do you play war simulation games? COD, Starcraft, etc....?
    Do I play popular games that everything that plays games has tried at least once? Yes, I have played those games.

    Oh, and by the way, when I meant pro government and anti-tax, I meant regulations upon companies such as emissions, borrowing, and everything but taxes. The world doesn't have to be black and white you know. In fact, you're the only person who complained of it
    Alrighty.

  4. #354
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: The Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I bet before now, all of the, "I da South", crowd didn't even know that there were any free blacks living within the Confederacy.

    Kinda blows the, "it was all about owning black people", revisionist history out of the water. Eh?
    That is stupid, of course people new that. Why would you assume such an asinine thing? Not exactly a secret.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  5. #355
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: The Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    **** the north too right?

    They owned slaves in the north DURING the civil war.

    Just not in the amount that was necessary in the south to run their agriculture based economy.
    So what? The North eventually freed the black man while the South wanted to keep him subjugated. So no, **** the South.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #356
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: The Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Just because I'm informed enough to not believe in the revisionist version of history, doesn't mean I condone slavery. That's a cheap shot.
    Revisionist history my ass. They wanted to keep slavery so bad they wrote it into their constitution.

    Wake up and smell the coffee.

    Maybe you would like being owned, sorry I don't. Not for political reasons either.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 06-17-11 at 12:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #357
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: The Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    That is stupid, of course people new that. Why would you assume such an asinine thing? Not exactly a secret.
    You didn't know it!

  8. #358
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: The Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You didn't know it!
    That's what I mean. I knew it, but it makes no difference. Please do not assume to you know anything I do.

    You think people are stupid enough to think that no free slaves existed in the South?

    What does this tell you about your opinion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #359
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: The Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    So what? The North eventually freed the black man while the South wanted to keep him subjugated. So no, **** the South.
    The slaves in the north were never freed by the emancipation proclamation.... just the slaves in the south....

    So.... technically..... you are wrong.....

    Even if the south was under no obligation to follow any proclamation made by a foreign country.

    Face it, Slavery had absolutely nothing to do with "da black man". If Indian (dot) or Chinese or South American Slaves were cheap as dirt in the 1500s and 1600s.... they would be the ones that are crying about their great great great great gramma being a slave. And YOU kind sir, would still be in Africa kicking rocks and trying to grow yams.
    Last edited by Caine; 06-18-11 at 05:12 AM.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #360
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,516

    Re: The Civil War

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The slaves in the north were never freed by the emancipation proclamation.... just the slaves in the south....

    So.... technically..... you are wrong.....
    It's funny. Whenever someone uses the term "technically you are wrong" they are actually saying you are right but here is an excuse.

    Fact: North made blacks free before the South did or wanted to. /debate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Even if the south was under no obligation to follow any proclamation made by a foreign country.
    They lost so no one really cares but according to the SCOTUS, they could not and were not considered separate or a "foreign" country, period. They could not succeed legally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Face it, Slavery had absolutely nothing to do with "da black man". If Indian (dot) or Chinese or South American Slaves were cheap as dirt in the 1500s and 1600s.... they would be the ones that are crying about their great great great great gramma being a slave. And YOU kind sir, would still be in Africa kicking rocks and trying to grow yams.
    Just wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •